RD Ryan Merkley - Kunlun, KHL (2018, 21st, SJS; traded to COL, released) Part II

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
According to the Petes GM, you are.
The Petes GM that is doing everything possible to try and preserve Merkley's trade value?

38BlfVp.png

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
But let's blindly believe "OHL Insider"?

He has insider in his name so he has to be legit.
I don't know what 'OHL Insider' is.

Riddle me this. Peterborough has one of their strongest teams in years. Merkley is an elite OHL talent and more likely than not, will be returned to the OHL this season. Why are the Petes so desperately looking to trade him if his skillset is pretty much exactly what they need?

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Why are the Petes so desperately looking to trade him if his skillset is pretty much exactly what they need?

I have a quote from the GM saying that is only speculation. What proof do you have?

That is not to say I don't think something will be happen with Merkley. Where there is smoke, there is fire but people are spouting things off as facts with no hard evidence. People are more willing to believe an "insider" than the GM's own words. Yes, he doesn't want to hurt his player's value if he is looking to trade him but he could also be, you know, telling the truth when he says it is online speculatio .

Last edited:

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Hold on - are you going to argue that they aren't trying to trade him?

Did they not leave him off of their pre-season roster or did I make that up too?

Christ read the article or do I have to hold your hand through the entire process?

"Ryan Merkley is already in San Jose preparing for training camp with the San Jose Sharks," Oke said. "This is the process they went through last year in Guelph. He didn't go to the first part of Guelph's camp, he went directly to San Jose. He's been down there now for a couple of weeks."

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Christ read the article or do I have to hold your hand through the entire process?
So Merkley is with the Sharks but ALL of the other OHL eligible NHL draft picks that will be taking part in NHL camps are with their OHL teams.

That makes a lot of sense.

Merkley has been a headcase since his Bantam years. We'll take your word for it though considering you hadn't heard about him until the Sharks picked him.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
So Merkley is with the Sharks but ALL of the other OHL eligible NHL draft picks that will be taking part in NHL camps are with their OHL teams.

Merkley has been a headcase since his Bantam years. We'll take your word for it though considering you hadn't heard about him until the Sharks picked him.

Don't you get it?

They didn't tell him he's unwelcome. But if they did, they were just advising him.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California

Point to where I said he wasn't a headcase. I just don't want HF randoms to talk from their ass.

He's not banned from camp and they could potentially be looking to trade him. People are spouting these things as if they are fact when there are player agreements and quotes that dont support those thoughts.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Point to where I said he wasn't a headcase. I just don't want HF randoms to talk from their ass.

He's not banned from camp and they could potentially be looking to trade him. People are spouting these things as if they are fact when there are player agreements and quotes that dont support those thoughts.
So they told him not to come but he's not banned?

You understand that he is NOT on their pre-season roster, correct?

Do I need to hold your hand through this process?

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
So they told him not to come but he's not banned?

You understand that he is NOT on their pre-season roster, correct?

Do I need to hold your hand through this process?

Give me your proof that he is banned. I have already presented mine. Nothing I can do if you choose to ignore them.

Spare me the "hE Is NoT On DA RooSTRe" please.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Give me your proof that he is banned. I have already presented mine. Nothing I can do if you choose to ignore them.

Spare me the "hE Is NoT On DA RooSTRe" please.
If he was allowed to come to camp, wouldn't he be on the roster? You know, like the other NHL draft picks?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad