RD Noah Dobson - Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QMJHL (2018, 12th, NYI)

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Interesting that you say this because I've always thought of NYI's other 2018 draft pick Bode Wilde as someone akin to Brent Burns' style of play.

If I were to compare Dobson's style of play to an NHL star's, it would be Ryan Suter.
He reminded me of Petro. Admittedly in limited viewings.

Peeps

May 24, 2017
Have you seen any of his games lately?

No last time I did was in WJC.

Which I was angry at the coach because for me he should have been the 1st D of the team and wasn't.

Anyway, 17A in 14G with a boosted team. Only 6 PIM, he's usually more undisciplined. Also 55 SOG.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
No last time I did was in WJC.

Which I was angry at the coach because for me he should have been the 1st D of the team and wasn't.

Anyway, 17A in 14G with a boosted team. Only 6 PIM, he's usually more undisciplined. Also 55 SOG.

Unless Dobson blows away everyone at training camp next year, he's probably going to be back in the Q again for his D+2 season. He is probably the best d-man in the Q now, he will certainly be next year. He should be a big presence on next year's team.

I agree that his usage at this year's WJC wasn't optimal, he was blocked by Bouchard getting undeserved top minutes and Hunter sticking by him despite his poor play. Dobson should be the #1D next year and a candidate for the captaincy. He has some unfinished business from last year too.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
A goal and an assist, +1 for Dobson in a 5-1 win. Rouyn-Noranda Huskies remain undefeated since his acquisition. That's 17 wins in a row with Dobson, 19 total. Kind of ridiculous. The QMJHL record is 25

I'm wondering how the Huskies compare to other top teams in the east particularly Drummondville?

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
I'm wondering how the Huskies compare to other top teams in the east particularly Drummondville?

Substantially better. They’re the best team in the Q. I think on paper, Drummondville has the talent to play with them but Rouyn-Noranda is just rolling at a different level compared to all the other teams in the league.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

brunosevigny

Jan 13, 2012
I was at the game today and Dobson was a monster. By far the best player on the ice. Sometimes he was looking like a man playing with kids. His skating and composure with the puck were impressive.... Completely shut off the Lafreniere line..... He probably played 30 minutes, with first PP and PK unit and he played at even strenght on both sides (RD and LD).

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
He definitely has a good chance to become the second best all around d man from this draft.

I wonder what the Oilers liked in Bouchard to take him over Dobson.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
His offensive potential probably. Dobson is likely the better all-round defenseman but Bouchard is more offensive, exactly what the Oilers need.
Exactly. I think both franchises will like their pick. Isles have a few young/youngish offensive d-men in Leddy, Toews, Aho, Wilde but could certainly use a rock like Dobson

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
His offensive potential probably. Dobson is likely the better all-round defenseman but Bouchard is more offensive, exactly what the Oilers need.

I agree. Seeing Petrovic on the powerplay against the Islanders getting spaghetti legs at the point while receiving a pass from McDavid made me sad. Bouchard has a better skillset for facilitating offense for the team through McDavid in my opinion.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Really sad we could've had him. Love hamonic and all, but this kid is gonna be good.

I still can't comprehend how SNow wasn't willing to accept a conditional pick considering Hamonic wanted out and all. If it was a conditional pick, and we gave them the 1st this year, our future would be looking spectacular. Although something tells me Dobson would still have been an Islander, and we would have gotten Wahlstrom which is still nice, need that elite sniper for Johnny on the power play eventually.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I still can't comprehend how SNow wasn't willing to accept a conditional pick considering Hamonic wanted out and all. If it was a conditional pick, and we gave them the 1st this year, our future would be looking spectacular. Although something tells me Dobson would still have been an Islander, and we would have gotten Wahlstrom which is still nice, need that elite sniper for Johnny on the power play eventually.

That's on Treliving who thought this group would easily be a playoff team last year.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad