RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s too bad Detroit’s AHL team plays in the Western conference. I was looking forward to watching this guy play against Hartford, but I was surprised to see they are in the other conference. I’ll wait for the World Juniors to say for sure, but I think this was one of my biggest misses for the 2019 draft. I didn’t think he had the offensive upside he’s showing. I still don’t think he’ll be a PP1QB type of player, but does Parayko level or prime Bouwmeester sound like a good comparable? I was definitely someone who would’ve said Carlo or a little better was where he was trending pre-draft. That’s not bad, but I didn’t think it’d be worth the 6th pick. But he’s proving himself to be better than that in the AHL at age 18.

Reactions: wetcoast

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
It’s too bad Detroit’s AHL team plays in the Western conference. I was looking forward to watching this guy play against Hartford, but I was surprised to see they are in the other conference. I’ll wait for the World Juniors to say for sure, but I think this was one of my biggest misses for the 2019 draft. I didn’t think he had the offensive upside he’s showing. I still don’t think he’ll be a PP1QB type of player, but does Parayko level or prime Bouwmeester sound like a good comparable? I was definitely someone who would’ve said Carlo or a little better was where he was trending pre-draft. That’s not bad, but I didn’t think it’d be worth the 6th pick. But he’s proving himself to be better than that in the AHL at age 18.

I think a lot of people are going with the Parayko comparable for someone in the league right now. Bouwmeester maybe works too as far as offensive upside goes and maybe impact on the game but he plays way more physical than either of those players. Hes going to be one of the biggest hitters in the league whe nhe gets there the way hes trending.. that has a lot of wings fans comparing him to Vlad Konstantinov from back in the day. Top pairing D thats a huge hitter, great defensively and might get you 35 to 40 points in some really good years. I doubt he ever hits the high end level that Vladdy did but style wise thats looking like a pretty good comparable right now and the upside isnt all that far off either.

For the league right now though Parayko with an edge is what I would call him

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Looks like he’s gonna be good. Definately going to be an all around defensman that is terrible to play against. He’s smooth with the puck, but I don’t know that his offensive instincts are at the level of elite like some are hoping. I think he could become a top pair, all situations, 50 point defensman though, which is definitely worth 6OA

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
I am very excited to see him play with the big club. The guy is a beast. Reminding me of one of my favourites, Konstantinov. Just a nightmare to play against but isn’t just a bruiser, he’s a very good hockey player

What was that guy doing? Just skates into Seider, face first hands down.

I mean, what did you think was going to happen? :laugh:

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
The kind of player I wish the Devils had in their pipeline. I think he is exactly what you want in today's NHL. He's big and strong but athletic and mobile, with great puck skills and excellent hockey IQ. Maybe not elite offensive instincts but still very good there as well. Awesome pick.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

What amazes me and he does this at least a couple times a game and you have to think especially looking at his frame that Mo is going to get even harder to play against as he continues developing. He will likely put on another 20 lbs and get a lot stronger and he already throttles guys through his understanding of leverage. He likes it a lot too, really exciting to have a young guy with not only his toolkit but kind of a throwback in terms of he wants the game to be grimy, he plays the way you want a d-man to play. Relentlessly hard on the opposition.

Reactions: newfy and mantha39

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
What amazes me and he does this at least a couple times a game and you have to think especially looking at his frame that Mo is going to get even harder to play against as he continues developing. He will likely put on another 20 lbs and get a lot stronger and he already throttles guys through his understanding of leverage. He likes it a lot too, really exciting to have a young guy with not only his toolkit but kind of a throwback in terms of he wants the game to be grimy, he plays the way you want a d-man to play. Relentlessly hard on the opposition.

Going to be a lot of fun to watch him come into a league that is transitioning the other way in terms of playstyle (when you consider guys like Hughes and Makar). He’s a really unique prospect and I love it.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
Ya, I'm liking the vlad comparisons. One of my all time favorite wings, still watch that hip check he threw on claude lemieux all the time.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I was as shocked as anyone when he was drafted, but I'm seeing a punishing throwback guy that is mobile now. He has great instincts in all three zones, watching him play at the WJC will be great fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: mantha39

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I was as shocked at anyone when he was drafted, but I'm seeing a punishing throwback guy that is mobile now. He has great instincts in all three zones, watching him play at the WJC will be great fun.

The instincts stand out to me too. If you totally ignore the scoresheet and just watch him shift-over-shift, you see a hell of a lot more good than bad. I am not saying he is destine to be a great offensive producer or Norris winner, but he really knows how to play hockey, which is the best compliment I can give a player.

Reactions: Henkka
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad