RD Josh Brook (2017, 56th, MTL)

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Two years later, that Montreal 2017 draft class certainly looks impressive, especially since they were drafting late after winning the Atlantic.

Suzuki (trade), Poeling, Brook, Fleury, Primeau, Ikonen, Tyszka...

Might challenge that legendary 2007 draft class (McDonagh, Pacioretty, Subban, Y. Weber), who knows?

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
Two years later, that Montreal 2017 draft class certainly looks impressive, especially since they were drafting late after winning the Atlantic.

Might challenge that legendary 2007 draft class (McDonagh, Pacioretty, Subban, Y. Weber), who knows?

hope so cause they realy need some firepower soon... this PP is so bad

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
D2IIopAVYAEkrRb.jpg

Brownies

We really went places with that legendary 2007 draft haha. Let’s hope we keep our talent this time.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Congratulations to Josh Brooks and Montreal but the WHL Western defenseman of the year is better.

All hail Ty Smith!:sarcasm:

But Really Josh Brooks looks like a stud and Montreal need a good defensemen after the Sergachev deal

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Congratulations to Josh Brooks and Montreal but the WHL Western defenseman of the year is better.

All hail Ty Smith!:sarcasm:

But Really Josh Brooks looks like a stud and Montreal need a good defensemen after the Sergachev deal
I don’t think Ty Smith is necessarily better than Josh Brook

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
And I would've picked Brook in the top 10 knowing what we know now :dunno:

That's your opinion, you're allowed to think that Brook is the better prospect. My opinion is that I wouldn't pick him top 10 over Hischier, Patrick, Heiskanen, Makar, Petterssen, Chytil, Thomas, Mittelstadt, Glass and Brannstrom. You can also add in Vilardi, Andersson, Jokijarjhu, Poehling, Necas who are on par with him imo.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That's your opinion, you're allowed to think that Brook is the better prospect. My opinion is that I wouldn't pick him top 10 over Hischier, Patrick, Heiskanen, Makar, Petterssen, Chytil, Thomas, Mittelstadt, Glass and Brannstrom. You can also add in Vilardi, Andersson, Jokijarjhu, Poehling, Necas who are on par with him imo.
I think at worse you can say he's on par with Chytil, Mittlestatd, Brannstrom, Necas and Jokiharju.

I wouldn't take Andersson, Thomas, Poehling ahead of him and Vilardi is scary, but if he can come back healthy, sure.

I had Smith in my top 10 too in 2018, btw. I just don't think there's much difference between the two, both are likely mid range number ones in their prime.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I think at worse you can say he's on par with Chytil, Mittlestatd, Brannstrom, Necas and Jokiharju.

I wouldn't take Andersson, Thomas, Poehling ahead of him and Vilardi is scary, but if he can come back healthy, sure.

I had Smith in my top 10 too in 2018, btw. I just don't think there's much difference between the two, both are likely mid range number ones in their prime.

That's acceptable, pretty close to my opinion too. I also think they're both close to each other but I'm a little higher on the other players I mentionned.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

what are you using to determine this?
Obviously a good pick but I dont see how he even goes in the 1st round in a re draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad