RD Josh Brook (2017, 56th, MTL)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How would you compare Brook to a Morgan Ellis or Darren Dietz??

Eillis and Dietz had the size/strength but Brook crushes them in skating, mobility and speed. He's much more offensive minded then Ellis was and way ahead of him at the same age. Dietz if he had better skating I think he could have stuck in the NHL as he's got that big shot, size, decent physical game.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Eillis and Dietz had the size/strength but Brook crushes them in skating, mobility and speed. He's much more offensive minded then Ellis was and way ahead of him at the same age. Dietz if he had better skating I think he could have stuck in the NHL as he's got that big shot, size, decent physical game.
Dietz doing well in Russian league. I thought he would make it. Like to give him another chance. Could be another Giordano.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Josh Brook: 25 games played, 1 goal, 4 assists, 5 points since Christmas. What's the story here?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Josh Brook: 25 games played, 1 goal, 4 assists, 5 points since Christmas. What's the story here?

first 19 games, 19-2-0-2, -7, 16 pims (.11 ppg)
next 38 games, 38-2-9-11 -3 27 pims (.29 ppg)

so he had a very slow and poor start to his pro career, since then he's been much better especially the last several games where he was moved up to the top pairing and back on the PP as he has been used on the PP before but then taken off at times. He's currently playing his best hockey right now since being put on the top pairing.

In the off-season he's going to need to work on getting a good bit stronger, adding some mass, with improvements there and to his confidence, I suspect he will be a good bit better next year in Laval.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Has he leapfrogged Cale Fleury (on same team)?

That Laval Rocket roster looks pretty stacked for an AHL team this season. Gotta check them out.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Has he leapfrogged Cale Fleury (on same team)?

That Laval Rocket roster looks pretty stacked for an AHL team this season. Gotta check them out.

Brook has looked much better then Fleury but still has a lot of work to do, needs to add mass and strength especially lower body and he still needs work on his defensive game. They don't list TOI but I'd say they play around the same amount.

Perhaps members of our fan base wrote him off too quickly after his first pro season.

last year was a tough one, 13 pts in 60 games works out to 17 over a full season. This year he's on pace for 43 if they had of played a full season. Granted it's only 16 games though but that's a hell of a turn around.

60-4-9-13 -5 53 pims
16-2-7-9 +6 8 pims

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Brook has been converted to right wing for the last few games with Laval, he was even starting on the top line last game.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Brook has been converted to right wing for the last few games with Laval, he was even starting on the top line last game.

They were short forwards as their entire top line is out for the season but when they got some bodies back they still played him at forward as Friday night he was their best forward imo as he had 4-5 prime scoring chances (didn't score on any) last game he wasn't noticeable so maybe for the final game he'll be back at RD

Reactions: KristichBabych

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad