RD Eemeli Räsänen - HPK Hämeenlinna, Liiga (2017, 59th, TOR)

ijuka

May 14, 2016
"Ee" is likely the most challenging because it's not like "ea" in "easy" like I hear commentators often pronounce Eeli Tolvanen's name. It's more like a long "e" in "end". I can't think of any good English word to use here off the top of my head.

As for "meli", it's like "Me" in "Men" and "Li" in "Liquid".

JA

Many will default to "Emily," regardless of how his name is pronounced.

Last edited by a moderator:

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Seems to have developed his offensive game a bit. Somebody might actually draft him if he can keep scoring points.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Saw him live in Hamilton last night. Had a few crushing bodychecks. Was forced to fight after one and acquitted himself well. Looked pretty good overall. Moreso than Paquette who didn't stand out.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Seems to be getting better and better, it's surprising how much he has developed during the last 7 months. And some are saying that he hasn't even stopped growing yet.

This probably seems like a loony question, but do you think there's a slight chance that some GM goes a bit silly at the draft table and picks him in the 1st round a la Samuel Morin or Logan Stanley? If not, what range do you see him going in this year's draft?

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Based on what I have seen of him I see him more as a 3rd/4th round type. Haven't seen him in over a month though so interested to see if he is improving like some are saying.

It seemed to me that he had too much issues with his overall mobility and made some rather clumsy plays in his own zone. Outside of his shot, I don't think his offensive skills are that great either. I don't think that adds up to a 1st round prospect, but maybe someone falls in love with his size.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Based on what I have seen of him I see him more as a 3rd/4th round type. Haven't seen him in over a month though so interested to see if he is improving like some are saying.

It seemed to me that he had too much issues with his overall mobility and made some rather clumsy plays in his own zone. Outside of his shot, I don't think his offensive skills are that great either. I don't think that adds up to a 1st round prospect, but maybe someone falls in love with his size.

Every lanky 17 year old d-men make mistakes sometimes,
thats not big news.

He has improved insanely this season,as the season has progressed,
he has been Fronts second best PP player this season,
potted 2 more points in his last game,already has 25 PP points,
second in PP points for his team,leads all rookies in PP points,
not just d-men,all rookies,is 2nd in points of rookie d-men.

Bomb of a shot,which he uses oh so rarely.

Yes,skating is an issue,but he is only 17,
he can work his skating,no problem,but his skating ist that bad
it doesn't effect his game,that much.

He might make few mistakes in own end,but so does every other 17
year old,mostly he has been good in his own,good passer,
great PP passer and blue liner all together.

The fact that he is defensive d-man who has found his offensive touch,
especially for PP,is superb news and that makes him one of,if not the
hidden talent (of d-men) )of the entire draft,who drafts him,
hits the jackpot,this kid is going to surprise,surpass many,...
but then again this is only my assesment of the kid,sooooo...
at least i see his play and game like so :) .... and i might be biased
because of his nationality :) .

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
If a guy with questionable offensive skills and skating like Logan Stanley can go 18th overall, there is no reason this guy shouldn't go in the first round imo

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
^i wasn't a fan of the Jets taking Stanley in the 1st round either because i'm not a fan of taking big, slow and moderately talented players that high. same when the Leafs took Freddie Gauthier. time will tell i guess.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Seems to be getting better and better, it's surprising how much he has developed during the last 7 months. And some are saying that he hasn't even stopped growing yet.

This probably seems like a loony question, but do you think there's a slight chance that some GM goes a bit silly at the draft table and picks him in the 1st round a la Samuel Morin or Logan Stanley? If not, what range do you see him going in this year's draft?

Certainly a significant non-zero chance. Teams still fetishize size. And IMO Rasanen is a better prospect than Stanley was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad