RD David Jiricek (2022, 6th, CBJ)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Extraliga rookie of the year last season and is continuing to play well . Definitely will be keeping an eye on Jiricek this season

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
This guy is just so so overwhelming! Great skater great size and absolutely elite offensive tools. I am so excited to see top pair czech D man in NHL after long time!

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
This guy is just so so overwhelming! Great skater great size and absolutely elite offensive tools. I am so excited to see top pair czech D man in NHL after long time!

We can only hope that he turns out better than Zboril

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So is he like a Czech version of Shea Weber ? I heard he's already 6'2 or 6'3.
I get the feeling this guy is gonna climb up the rankings & be in line for #4 overall or #5 overall, he's got the slap shot & one timer, the size and good skating to be a #1 Dman.
Could see the Ducks picking him with a #4/#5 overall pick if they miss out on the 1-2-3 of Wright/Lambert/Savoie.
Lindholm/Drysdale
Fowler/Jiricek
Zellweger/Thrun
Trade Manson.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Even though im not a Devils fan I think he'd be a great addition to their roster.

Hughes-Jiricek as a pairing plus

Graves-Hamilton

dryz

Feb 10, 2011
Czechia
Intentional or not it's not a good look. He was suspended for two games for illegal check to the head at the end of the last season and was not even supposed to play today but the league reduced it to one game so that he could play. Don't think they will be that lenient next time.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I'm not sure this is not a good look. I think a lot of teams take Ds being mean as a good sign and take it for granted they will learn to control themselves and figure out where the line is with age.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
So it’s pronounced Yee-Zee-Check ???
It's a Czech accent thing...

I speak Czech and I get the 'r' sound wrong. Which is tragic because I love Schnitzel and that is Rizek with that 'r' sound. Z is close but not right and there is nothing in the English language that can be close. So you got as close as you could. I agree with above.. just use a North American 'r' which is what I do!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

I speak Czech and I get the 'r' sound wrong. Which is tragic because I love Schnitzel and that is Rizek with that 'r' sound. Z is close but not right and there is nothing in the English language that can be close. So you got as close as you could. I agree with above.. just use a North American 'r' which is what I do!
Let me rephrase. :)

How should I expect North American broadcasters to pronounce it?

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017

I remember Miro Horava when he played and it was r+zh combined.

So Jersey-check but with j=Y, long E up front and a dirtier s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad