RD David Jiricek (2022, 6th, CBJ)

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Is he known for having a bomb from the point like that and a guy that can play on the PP?

He saw a decent amount of PP time in Extraliga and did pretty well, it's a tough job for a 17 year old to quarterback a PP in that league. I wouldn't exactly say Jiricek is known for having a "bomb" but he's very good at getting his shots to the net through a block. He definitely did improve his one-timer considerably as the season went on though.
Overall I would say he is still pretty raw and unpolished in terms of his technical skills and sometimes he gets a little bit too agressive playing on the blue line, however his potential/upside is tremendously high IMO, especially because of his fantastic hockey sense and vision when he's got the puck on his stick.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
He saw a decent amount of PP time in Extraliga and did pretty well, it's a tough job for a 17 year old to quarterback a PP in that league. I wouldn't exactly say Jiricek is known for having a "bomb" but he's very good at getting his shots to the net through a block. He definitely did improve his one-timer considerably as the season went on though.
Overall I would say he is still pretty raw and unpolished in terms of his technical skills and sometimes he gets a little bit too agressive playing on the blue line, however his potential/upside is tremendously high IMO, especially because of his fantastic hockey sense and vision when he's got the puck on his stick.
Agree, sky is the limit for this kid. He made such a huge jump this year and yet you can see he is still so raw. Looking forward to see what he can do next year, hopefully he stays in Plzen.

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
He's got very nifty hands for a big defenceman.

Yes I agree and probably his the best weapon is his one-timer. On the other side I´m a little bit disappointed by his play on this WJC till now. I think he´s trying too much and it results to some bad penalties or mistakes. I expected better WJC from him definitely, hope he recovers somehow.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Yes I agree and probably his the best weapon is his one-timer. On the other side I´m a little bit disappointed by his play on this WJC till now. I think he´s trying too much and it results to some bad penalties or mistakes. I expected better WJC from him definitely, hope he recovers somehow.
He’s been a bit reckless, yes. But he’s been showing a lot of heart on a Czech team that has been overmatched at different points in this tournament. I think he has separated himself as better than Svozil. Jiricek has cemented himself in the top 10-12 conversation for 2022 for me. The only Czech 2022 prospect that has been a bit of a let down for me is Slavicek.

Reactions: Martinez89

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
He’s been a bit reckless, yes. But he’s been showing a lot of heart on a Czech team that has been overmatched at different points in this tournament. I think he has separated himself as better than Svozil. Jiricek has cemented himself in the top 10-12 conversation for 2022 for me. The only Czech 2022 prospect that has been a bit of a let down for me is Slavicek.

Fully agreed with this. I think Jiricek has a really good chance to be a top 10 pick next year I think he will be. He has tools, skating, size and is competitive. I just think he is a little bit overmotivated here which is a quite common thing for young player. And yes Jiricek is a player with higher upside than Svozil, no doubt.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Fully agreed with this. I think Jiricek has a really good chance to be a top 10 pick next year I think he will be. He has tools, skating, size and is competitive. I just think he is a little bit overmotivated here which is a quite common thing for young player. And yes Jiricek is a player with higher upside than Svozil, no doubt.
Fully agree with everything said here. At times, Jiricek almost looks like he panics with the puck, but "overmotivated" is probably the best term to describe it. He doesn't panic, he just really, really wants to make something happen every time he touches the ice, both with and without the puck. He's been playing pro all year and now he's the top prospect among his peers. Just needs to calm down.

A buddy with some connections in the Czech Republic told me Jiricek will be in Spokane next year. Really looking forward to that. Would be fun to see Svozil in Regina too.

Reactions: Martinez89

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021
Fully agree with everything said here. At times, Jiricek almost looks like he panics with the puck, but "overmotivated" is probably the best term to describe it. He doesn't panic, he just really, really wants to make something happen every time he touches the ice, both with and without the puck. He's been playing pro all year and now he's the top prospect among his peers. Just needs to calm down.

A buddy with some connections in the Czech Republic told me Jiricek will be in Spokane next year. Really looking forward to that. Would be fun to see Svozil in Regina too.
I don´t understand why he would go to Spokane next year, when he can play pro hockey in Czech republic. Seems like a step back to me.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
I don´t understand why he would go to Spokane next year, when he can play pro hockey in Czech republic. Seems like a step back to me.
To be clear, I don’t know if it’s true, it’s just what I’ve heard. Both options have advantages and disadvantages though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad