RD David Jiricek (2022, 6th, CBJ)

WingsMike

Registered Man
Jan 28, 2012
He looks amazing out there, like a future #1D in the NHL.

I had been pronouncing his name "yur-uh-chek", but this sounds more like "yee-zee-chek", is that right?
If you're not a native speaker you likely wont ever get the ř sound, so just treat it like a normal r and you'll be fine. It's def not a z.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
He looks good in open ice and shows a creative offensive skating stride.

He is big and will need to learn how to become powerful in smaller strides.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Could he potentially compliment Chabot? Like could Jiricek be the Methot to Chabot's Karlsson? Or would he be a better partner for Sanderson?

From a stylistic comparison.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Could he potentially compliment Chabot? Like could Jiricek be the Methot to Chabot's Karlsson? Or would he be a better partner for Sanderson?

From a stylistic comparison.

You should be drafting him to be a great player in his own right. But look at the Sens RD depth chart. After Zub, who isn't signed long term, there's nobody who can play next to either Chabot or Sanderson. Obviously Jiricek would have a job there, not as a pure complement but as the total package.

Reactions: czechcanadian

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
You should be drafting him to be a great player in his own right. But look at the Sens RD depth chart. After Zub, who isn't signed long term, there's nobody who can play next to either Chabot or Sanderson. Obviously Jiricek would have a job there, not as a pure complement but as the total package.

Obviously but the sens have a hole at 1C and our defense. After Zub our right side sucks badly. I'd say he's my top D-men this year at least for now.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Daring move on the blue line leads to an offensive chance in the slot. Wasn't on the ice for the 3rd period, probably a minor health issue.

Ballsy

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
He reminds me a lot of Rasmus Dahlin, in terms of his skating and puck-moving.

dryz

Feb 10, 2011
Czechia
Pesan, HC of the Czech national team, said that he will play all three matches at the upcoming Karjala Cup. They want to test him thoroughly including PP and PK.

Reactions: covfefe

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Very impressive player. Puck moving really advanced for his age, puts it on the tape of the forward nearly every time. D who can control the pace as well as he can are rare.

Should be the first defenseman off the board next summer imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad