RD Colton Parayko (2012, 86th, STL)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Made his pro debut last night and didnt look out of place. Had a cannon of a shot in first period that would make Macinnis proud

If people are wondering why he seemingly came out of nowhere. He spent the entire summer is St.Loius working with Petro. Took 1 week off in 4 weeks to come home and train. Complete dedication. Saw one report he skipped his sisters wedding in Mexico to train

Put the work in and its paid off

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Made his pro debut last night and didnt look out of place. Had a cannon of a shot in first period that would make Macinnis proud

If people are wondering why he seemingly came out of nowhere. He spent the entire summer is St.Loius working with Petro. Took 1 week off in 4 weeks to come home and train. Complete dedication. Saw one report he skipped his sisters wedding in Mexico to train

Put the work in and its paid off

4 months u mean?

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
He looks good out there, but I dont see him as ever being a number 1 pp kind of guy. He has a booming shot but I see him on a second pp.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
First NHL goal tonight...on the PP. :laugh: He was on the 2nd pp though.

Nice wrist shot. Kid looks good, I was not trying to disrespect him or blues fans. Going to be hard to play 1st PP mins as he is right handed shot, just like shattenkirk and pietrangelo.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Nice wrist shot. Kid looks good, I was not trying to disrespect him or blues fans. Going to be hard to play 1st PP mins as he is right handed shot, just like shattenkirk and pietrangelo.
When you've got a shot as hard as Shea Weber's, you're going to find plenty of PP-time. He's been paired with Pietrangelo on the power-play thus far.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Another goal for Parayko (may have been tipped by Tarasenko, but credited to Parayko currently).

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He looks good out there, but I dont see him as ever being a number 1 pp kind of guy. He has a booming shot but I see him on a second pp.

It's funny you say that

[Tweet]654021113568215041[/MEDIA]

Edit: lol I just realized I just embedded the tweet that was already mentioned...kinda wondered where this whole PP talk came from.....

Last edited:

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

Pietrangelo has always looked better on the right side on the powerplay, anyway, so setting Parayko up on the left side to take one-timers is ideal. It's absolutely true that he has a long way to go before we can discuss displacing Shattenkirk as the top powerplay pointman, but only experience and performance will limit his powerplay minutes, not handedness.

Anchor Town*

Pietrangelo has always looked better on the right side on the powerplay, anyway, so setting Parayko up on the left side to take one-timers is ideal. It's absolutely true that he has a long way to go before we can discuss displacing Shattenkirk as the top powerplay pointman, but only experience and performance will limit his powerplay minutes, not handedness.

Parayko will make Shattenkirk expendable and will take over PP1 duties

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It would be a crime if he's a cap crunch casualty. He's already better than some STL defencemen.

He's going to make Shattenkirk a cap casualty. I would not be surprised that Parayko makes Shattenkirk expendable this summer if we fail again in the playoffs. Obviously we need to see how the year goes for him, but Parayko won't be the one that would be sacrificed.

I watch him play and think, that's what Johnson should've been for us.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Shatty is arguably the best PP pointman. Parayko would pair with him and Steen would get shifted somewhere.

Absolutely this....

We can't lose Shattenkirk's offensive IQ and playmaking ability, he's more of a puck distributor then a trigger man. Steen is a trigger man and we're using him as a distributor too. He can easily slide to the PP2 and be a shooter on that line and slide Parayko to the PP1 LHD and let the combination of Stastny, Tarasenko, and Shattenkirk feed his 1 timers.
Blues can run a Brutal diamond set up with Stastny working behind the net, Tarasenko and Shattenkirk working the half walls and Backes providing screens and his absurd tipping ability

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Caught the St.Louis game against Edmonton and Minnesota (only half this game). I was very impressed.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
In a league where LHD seem to dominate, its pretty unique the Blues have 2 top pairing RHD (Petro & Shattenkirk) then Parayko as a potential one, and also couple other good RHD prospects

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad