RD Colton Parayko (2012, 86th, STL)

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
When I see Colton Parayko out there on the ice on the Blues second D line, at 6'5" 230 lbs, I immediately think of this guy...

1401425816_1401076918_520-rocky-iv.gif

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Finally had a chance to watch him last night first hand. Man.......this kid has a CANNON for a shot. Fast skater and adequate edge work for his size. Great offensive instincts too. He can absolutely wreck someone without much effort. It's hard to contain enthusiasm with Parayko.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Finally had a chance to watch him last night first hand. Man.......this kid has a CANNON for a shot. Fast skater and adequate edge work for his size. Great offensive instincts too. He can absolutely wreck someone without much effort. It's hard to contain enthusiasm with Parayko.

Another 2 assists last night. He has great offensive instincts. I think he is the big shot from the point we have been waiting for. I expect him to be on the tea, from day 1.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
I've always thought that Parayko and Ben Hutton shared a ton of similar qualities - passed over, drafted late the following year, Canadians playing in the NCAA, and big defensemen who are definitely offense-first while being pretty damn solid in their own ends. It's damn neat to see them both make such a similar, even better than expected, impact in their first NHL camps.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think Anisimov would disagree about him not being physical lol. He may not hit often, but when he does....he's a freight Train

Anchor Town*

I've always thought that Parayko and Ben Hutton shared a ton of similar qualities - passed over, drafted late the following year, Canadians playing in the NCAA, and big defensemen who are definitely offense-first while being pretty damn solid in their own ends. It's damn neat to see them both make such a similar, even better than expected, impact in their first NHL camps.

Parayko wasn't drafted late, was drafted in the 3rd round.

HTH

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
It's official. Parayko makes the Blues opening night roster. The Central division has been warned.

This Ken Hitchcock quote is the best, on Parayko's shot: "It scares the hell out of a lot of people, but it opens up space for a lot of people too".

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Awesome. Thought he was 2 years out min. Development has been nothing short of amazing. If there's anyone I'd want plastering mcdavid to end boards and shutting him down opening night its him. Great person and now great prospect/ player

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
2012's late stud Ds beginning to enter the league..

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
That's pretty late for a guy of his apparent talent level, if you ask me. But, I suppose that's just semantics.

the amount this kid has risen from his days in Alberta playing Junior A is absolutely mind boggling. Great scouting by St Louis on this one and being able to see that potential. I would have never thought in a million years when seeing him as an 18 year in Alberta, he would turn into this

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
the amount this kid has risen from his days in Alberta playing Junior A is absolutely mind boggling. Great scouting by St Louis on this one and being able to see that potential. I would have never thought in a million years when seeing him as an 18 year in Alberta, he would turn into this

It helps when you go from 6'2 185 to 6'6 230 lbs

LfcOil

Apr 1, 2014
st.albert
played hockey with colton growing up in st.albert, just had to say he's hands down of the nicest kids you will meet, and the strides he's made in his game over the years has been astounding. wish nothing but the best for him

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
More like 5'10 165 in midget haha

and not even "AAA"... he was playing Midget "AA" haha... this kids rise to where he is now is absolutely crazy.

5'10 165 as a 16 year old playing Midget AA

to

6'6 230 as a 22 year old playing in NHL

Last edited:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
and not even "AAA"... he was playing Midget "AA" haha... this kids rise to where he is now is absolutely crazy.

to

Pretty routine development path haha

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Most people focus on his size. Watching him in preseason. His offensive instincts are spectacular, he's got the hands of a forward. We havnt had a slap shot like his since the big Al Mac days.

Anchor Town*

to

He's not 6'6" FWIW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad