RD Adam Fox (2016, 66th, CGY; traded to CAR; traded to NYR)

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Right outside of NYC are a lot of very nice suburban areas. Most players tend to live in the suburbs and the team practices in them.

Playing for NYR definitely doesn’t limit the ability to have a suburban family life. It’d be pretty difficult to have a legitimately rural lifestyle if a player wanted but otherwise there are a lot of ways to live in this area.
Stepan was one of the players that lived in the suburbs. He said him and the rest of the team joked that anyone that did played 82 away games a year because of the headache getting back into the city. He even told a story where the traffic was so bad for a playoff game he abandoned the car and ran to the arena.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Stepan was one of the players that lived in the suburbs. He said him and the rest of the team joked that anyone that did played 82 away games a year because of the headache getting back into the city. He even told a story where the traffic was so bad for a playoff game he abandoned the car and ran to the arena.
I've done the commute many, many times and have friends who have done it every day for decades. Yeah, you need to leave some time for traffic or plan to get places early, but it's not difficult. Especially if you're making millions of dollars and can afford a place in a southern suburb on the train line. Metro North trains are pretty reliable and the trip from some of the nicer southern suburbs to Grand Central is 20-30 minutes and then a short walk to MSG.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Having a left handed playmaker and 4 right handed shooters is the perfect setup.

I think it’s hard to compete with the Washington model with two LHS playmakers. One on the right side and one down low. Then three RHS that they can go to.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Looks like he'll make the Rangers this season. What's the outlook for this year? 3rd pairing and 2nd PP? 25-30 points?

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Rangers fans, how is Fox looking? I've only seen highlights of Rangers games and there hasn't been too much of Fox in them. No points in 6 games. Does he look like he belongs?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Rangers fans, how is Fox looking? I've only seen highlights of Rangers games and there hasn't been too much of Fox in them. No points in 6 games. Does he look like he belongs?

I'm not a NYR fan but have seen a few NYR games and I've thought he has looked real good. Smooth with the puck and I am surprised he hasn't picked up a point. I honestly assumed he would have had atleast a few by now from what I've seen

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
better than Trouba imo

Take your trolling elsewhere. Trouba’s been great. Fox hasn’t been great, but very good for a rookie. He’s been our best rookie so far this season. His breakouts are needed, he’s very calm at waiting out plays with the puck in the offensive zone and his defense hasn’t been bad either. He’s had the occasional hiccup defensively and his minutes are low because he’s a rookie, but he’s been as expected with the hype he got.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
trolling? I mean, it's an assessment rooted in everything that you decided to list after your baseless attack.

he looked like one of the best guys on the back end for sure

would've thought a rookie on an ELC being compared more than favourably to a 6-year vet being paid 8M per would be a compliment but

3c43f7e480a19183fb9d382be05e198e3073d275eeda2d9e555eae0920c3ce35.jpg

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
He looks like belongs and certainly belongs on this team (he's probably been their second best dman and in a few games their best dman). He's been good enough to have 3-4 points at minimum. Hopefully the points will come.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Rangers are going to need to start playing one of these right shots on the left side at some point this season. There's not enough playing time to go around on the right side, and the three righties are our three best defensemen. It'll lead to more TOI for Fox, if it happens.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
He is been a smart not so pleasant surprise. Rangers got a good one. I knew he is good but at the NHL so ready and poised is impressive especially with no AHL tlme like Derek Stepan. Reminds he him in the sense of his hockey IQ

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
win-win trade for the Canes and NYR

Fox is a stud who will tear it up for the Rangers for a long time. Canes get Jamieson Rees + Anttoni Honka + another good 2nd round pick of which (hopefully) at least one will make some NHL impact.

Is it?

The Rangers were probably going to be signing him after this season. Is signing him a season early worth a 2nd round pick for a team that is clearly going nowhere this season? And if Fox was to miss enough time that he wouldn't hit 25 games or the team consciously decides to send him to the AHL after 24 games, is the extra 50-55 games going to make a huge difference towards his development?

Fox is a good player, but I think you are ignoring the Rangers side of things here. There are enough considerations here that it's not so cut and dry that since we made a trade for a good player, it's a good trade for us.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
For argument's sake, let's look at the best recent draft--2015. Four years later Aho and Hintz are really the only 2nd rounders making a difference.
Getting Fox on the ice this year is worth a Harkins or Knott.
One side might end up much better off—but when you aren't sure which side, that is a reasonable trade.

Reactions: Doothpick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad