GDT: Rd 2, G6: Snow vs Fish | 8 PM MT | May 6, 2019

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Next game I'd like to see

Landy-MacK-Nieto
Jost-Compher-Rantanen
Wilson-Soda-Kerfoot/Calvert
Ghetto/Kerfoot-Brass-Gork

We gotta split up the offense in SJ's barn and Nieto can actually keep up with MacK and works well along the boards. Plus he's one of our top goalscorers in the playoffs, and the NHL gods like seeing former players bury their old teams so he's due.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Next game I'd like to see

Landy-MacK-Nieto
Jost-Compher-Rantanen
Wilson-Soda-Kerfoot/Calvert
Ghetto/Kerfoot-Brass-Gork

We gotta split up the offense in SJ's barn and Nieto can actually keep up with MacK and works well along the boards. Plus he's one of our top goalscorers in the playoffs, and the NHL gods like seeing former players bury their old teams so he's due.

Yeah, let’s go put Nieto on the top line for game 7.

I mean, you know that’s not going to happen, right?

Reactions: dahrougem2

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Not a doctor and this is just talking out my ass but based on where he got hit and the way that he was struggling to skate makes me wonder if he rotated his pelvis.
I immediately thought Charley horse as did Louie Debrusk. Hopefully its just a minor bruise. Burns wouldn't be running guys like that this late in a series had we been running him from game one ditto Karlsson. Our firwards have let both guys off the hook this series in terms of contact.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Not a doctor and this is just talking out my ass but based on where he got hit and the way that he was struggling to skate makes me wonder if he rotated his pelvis.

Looked more like a thigh or maybe knee injury. When he came back on the ice to test it he was trying to stretch it by doing a kicking motion

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I was definitely concerned it was a concussion, and not to glorify players playing through serious injury but it's remarkable he came back after sitting a game and played as well as he did. But that's kinda what makes me think it is indeed a concussion. He very well may have felt well enough to play and then symptoms resurfaced, that type of injury can be so ridiculously unpredictable.

Whatever the case, guys like Compher and Brassard finally stepped up when it mattered the most. Hope they keep it going at the Shark Tank on Wednesday.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Win or lose game 7, it's been a great season and we can actually call the Avs a true contender now.
We need to win game 7. Path to the cup is wide open if we can get pass the Sharks. The future is now, there's no guarantee this team makes the playoffs next year or wins a round. We need to make the best of the chances right now, we may never get another chance.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We need to win game 7. Path to the cup is wide open if we can get pass the Sharks. The future is now, there's no guarantee this team makes the playoffs next year or wins a round. We need to make the best of the chances right now, we may never get another chance.

I think everyone knows there's never anything guaranteed in sports--the Tampa Bay Lightning proved that rather emphatically. We'll all be supremely bummed if Game 7 doesn't end the way we hoped but the season has been a resounding success regardless. It's still something to build off of no matter what happens.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Sign Parshin!

Reactions: Avalanche

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I think everyone knows there's never anything guaranteed in sports--the Tampa Bay Lightning proved that rather emphatically. We'll all be supremely bummed if Game 7 doesn't end the way we hoped but the season has been a resounding success regardless. It's still something to build off of no matter what happens.
I mean we'll have two picks before any other playoff teams pick in the draft if we lose on Wednesday AND have a **** ton of cap space. Still won't ease the pain if we lose game 7 though. BTW game 7 is an "early" start at 7pm MST.

Reactions: Pokecheque

letsgoavs1921

Jul 26, 2006
I mean we'll have two picks before any other playoff teams pick in the draft if we lose on Wednesday AND have a **** ton of cap space. Still won't ease the pain if we lose game 7 though. BTW game 7 is an "early" start at 7pm MST.
Not as much cap space as you think after we re-sign guys. But good shape regardless. See the thread I started on this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad