GDT: Rd 2, G6: Snow vs Fish | 8 PM MT | May 6, 2019

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
It's not my fault half of you guys have no freaking clue what you are talking about.

Don't get your panties in a twist when you get called out on it.

giphy.gif

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Why? The conditions inside the Pepsi center are kept stable all season.

It's spring, weather is a lot warmer now, and the fact is that they're swapping a lot between Avs, Nuggets, and Mammoth games. In the past they didn't necessarily have to because the Avs and Nuggets didn't play this late past the season at the same time. It's impossible to retain optimal ice under those conditions, no matter what the efforts are to keep the heat and humidity out.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
It's spring, weather is a lot warmer now, and the fact is that they're swapping a lot between Avs, Nuggets, and Mammoth games. In the past they didn't necessarily have to because the Avs and Nuggets didn't play this late past the season at the same time. It's impossible to retain optimal ice under those conditions, no matter what the efforts are to keep the heat and humidity out.
I'm not an icematician, but I think it has more to do with Makar than the ice. He's just got nerves right now.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Thank you :clap: and not all Avs games are being played at the Pepsi center

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Next year 2nd line C , another year older with positive growth
No. We already seen how that worked out this season. Joe needs to be active on FA day. We cant go another season on hope and prayers we need to make sure we have a second line that can score consistently to help Nathan and the guys from having to play 25 mins. Jost playing on the third line for another year is fine by me.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
No. We already seen how that worked out this season. Joe needs to be active on FA day. We cant go another season on hope and prayers we need to make sure we have a second line that can score consistently to help Nathan and the guys from having to play 25 mins. Jost playing on the third line for another year is fine by me.
It's not working out too bad 1 more win and a Conference final , being the youngest team in the league with loads of assets and options . Yes if there were someone legitimate that fit the plan but none of the names being mentioned are that

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They DEFINITELY wouldn't be playing hockey right now if Makar weren't playing. Someone on Twitter posted how many of his points were on game-winning goals. It's insane how clutch he's been, no moreso than he was last night getting that puck through an onrush of bodies near the net and to Landeskog for the OTGWG.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
It's not working out too bad 1 more win and a Conference final , being the youngest team in the league with loads of assets and options . Yes if there were someone legitimate that fit the plan but none of the names being mentioned are that

Prospect pool includes a 4th overall who looks damn good. Another 4th overall to come in a solid looking draft. Bowers and Kaut and another middling first round pick.

And Timmins may still amount to something.

And @cgf we got this Meloche guy.

That's a hot prospect pool for a team who's gotten to game 7 of the second round.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
They DEFINITELY wouldn't be playing hockey right now if Makar weren't playing. Someone on Twitter posted how many of his points were on game-winning goals. It's insane how clutch he's been, no moreso than he was last night getting that puck through an onrush of bodies near the net and to Landeskog for the OTGWG.
4/6 were on game winners, including a game winning goal in his first NHL game, on his first shot

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Prospect pool includes a 4th overall who looks damn good. Another 4th overall to come in a solid looking draft. Bowers and Kaut and another middling first round pick.

That's a hot prospect pool for a team who's gotten to game 7 of the second round.
If we win tomorrow, our pick falls from 16th to 27th+.

I'm fine with it.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011

Stop being weird.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia

That's what I thought but what do I know I'm just a girl :naughty:

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado

Not to mention that, during this postseason, he has had 3 or 4 top shelf passes that were not converted. I'm talking empty net, all you have to do is tap it in, gifts.

Also, he's had a couple lasers that barely missed finding the net. His 7 points could easily be 12 or 13.

Last edited:
Reactions: mapletreemarty

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Yes that's true nobody is denying the run we are on but we also need to build on this. Next season we should not be in a dog fight for a playoff spot. IMO next season we should be taking another step and not being a playoff bubble team. To do so its imperative that secondary scoring is addressed. Joe ignored it this past season and it nearly cost the team a playoff spot. He banked on Kerfoot, Jost and Compher to bring in secondary offense but it didn't happen consistently enough. Joe cannot go another summer ignoring this. Our big guys were damn near gassed after the All star break just imagine if Jared didn't have to play Mackinnon 25 minutes a night for offense. The biggest fish is obviously Panarin but that's a pipe dream. Getting Kevin Hayes to play second line C on this team will go a long way to helping Mackinnon and Co. from carrying the team night in night out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad