GDT: Rd 2, G6: Snow vs Fish | 8 PM MT | May 6, 2019

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
They DEFINITELY wouldn't be playing hockey right now if Makar weren't playing. Someone on Twitter posted how many of his points were on game-winning goals. It's insane how clutch he's been, no moreso than he was last night getting that puck through an onrush of bodies near the net and to Landeskog for the OTGWG.
I was one of the most vocal about not bringing him on this season due to the XD. My argument was based on the thought that Bednar (like most other NHL coaches out there) wouldn't be playing him very much because he wouldn't trust him yet. Also I've watched Makar this year in the NCAA a few times. It was obvious he was going to be great in the NHL but seriously nobody could have expected him to come in and be this good right away especially in the middle of a playoff run. In hindsight obviously I am very happy Sakic brought him in. He has been lights out. I would still argue though that without hindsight, at the time I still think the right decision was to not bring him in. I am glad it turned out this way though. Can't wait to see what he can do next season.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I have had 2 concussions. The first one took over 24h before i had any symptoms

Same here , few days later and boom , couldn't do anything but lay down

How much time did a trained MD spend with you before you realized you were having symptoms?

Not saying this applies to you guys, but often times players are downplaying their symptoms because they don't want to let the team down. That's why they need to be examined thoroughly and put through a series of tests.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
How much time did a trained MD spend with you before you realized you were having symptoms?

Not saying this applies to you guys, but often times players are downplaying their symptoms because they don't want to let the team down.

Excellent point , none . I really wasn't sure what was going on until afterwords when I saw a doc . All my point was I didn't notice or feel any different until 2 or do days later .

Reactions: Foppa2118

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What are our insiders saying about Mikko's leg?
giphy.gif

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Prospect pool includes a 4th overall who looks damn good. Another 4th overall to come in a solid looking draft. Bowers and Kaut and another middling first round pick.

And Timmins may still amount to something.

And @cgf we got this Meloche guy.

That's a hot prospect pool for a team who's gotten to game 7 of the second round.

You're getting soft and/or losing it. The old NEB would've roasted every single one of these guys and gotten an Avs fan or two to bite.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We need to win game 7. Path to the cup is wide open if we can get pass the Sharks. The future is now, there's no guarantee this team makes the playoffs next year or wins a round. We need to make the best of the chances right now, we may never get another chance.
Dont think Avs gonna pull off a Ottawa, look like a contender in the playoffs, then completely fall apart, trade MacKinnon and every star player. They should get stronger with more depth coming up and they should be making the playoffs and contending often from now

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
If we are going to do it we should do it at the draft. I don't think we are trading Barrie.

Yeah, probably not. It would be a proactive move and as @cgf has pointed out 8,342 times ;) - Old Joe isn’t wont to make too many progressive moves.

I’ve flip flopped on this one a couple of times and won’t be hurt either way. It just would be a good way to pick up a solid 2nd line guy and after seeing how good Makar actually is, I sort of changed my mind back to thinking trading Barrie might be the better option. On the other hand EJ isn’t getting any younger and we wouldn’t be where we are without Barrie.

I don’t want to turn this into another Barrie thread either. I’m almost sorry I mentioned it at all. Like you said, I’m just happy to be in the position we are in and real proud of this team.

Can’t wait for tomorrow

Reactions: The Kingslayer

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Don’t love our chances on the road in a game 7 but, I honestly couldn’t have asked for more than what we’ve gotten out of this season. Literally have to watch the games live/on replay. Get far too agitated waiting during intermissions and commercials. And without being able to scream out frustrations (wife and daughter asleep), pretty much have to watch it that way.

Gutsy by Rants. Prob got a pain shot and was sent back out. Hopefully the injury isn’t too bad.

But if it is, and Calvert is still out, not sure Bednar can go with 11 forwards again. Especially with Landeskog being held with scotch tape.

Predicted Avs in 7.

Don’t make me look like a fool boys....

And don’t make me yell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad