Ray Shero

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Wasn't a huge fan of the Zacha pick even then and it doesn't look much better now, but it's still too early to call it a bad pick. With Werenski and Provorov right behind him though it does look a touch questionable.

The Devils had to take a forward that year. At the time, their best forward prospects were Quenneville and Reid Boucher. Meanwhile, Larsson, Severson, Merrill and Santini were looking like a very good top 4 of the future. I'm usually BPA, but the Devils were starving for a stud forward. I wanted Barzal, mind you, but Zacha has shown some stuff.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
What would be the reason? The Devils greatly overachieved last year by being in playoff contention until March. They got off to a fast start this year but over the last 3 weeks, they've been dreadful. It's not like the Devils are contenders, so I don't see a legit cause, yet. My faith in Hynes is dwindling, but I understand why they he has to last the season, at least.

I'm not arguing whether Hynes should be fired. My point, and maybe I misunderstood your point, was that the coach - like everything else - falls under the GM. You made it sound like Shero can't do anything about "the mess."

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Shero inherited a team in a very bad situation with not much talent at the big league or minor league level, arguably the least in the league. No GM was going to get that team contending in 2 years. Not sure about his drafting but Shero has done very well there so far imo, to turn a couple of draft pick and Adam Larsson into Kyle Palmieri and Taylor Hall is fantastic.

They still need more talent. They almost did too well last year, punching above their weight and they didn't get a high end pick I fully expected them to be drafting top 5 last year.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Shero inherited a team in a very bad situation with not much talent at the big league or minor league level, arguably the least in the league. No GM was going to get that team contending in 2 years. Not sure about his drafting but Shero has done very well there so far imo, to turn a couple of draft pick and Adam Larsson into Kyle Palmieri and Taylor Hall is fantastic.

They still need more talent. They almost did too well last year, punching above their weight and they didn't get a high end pick I fully expected them to be drafting top 5 last year.

I agree with that. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad