Ray Shero

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I like what Shero has done so far in Jersey. Was not expecting the Devils to be a playoff team so I don't see what's the problem.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Maybe the worst center depth in the East. Zajac and Henrique? Shero inherited this btw.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Shero's only mistakes were that he let Schlemko walk. The Hynes signing doesn't look great as Hynes hasn't done much to impress. And the early return on some of his draft picks (McLeod/Bastian underwhelming) and the Palmieri contract have not done much.

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
Can't really blame him at this point. Team was a wasteland when he came in.. I will wait a couple more seasons until I judge whether he's done a good job or not

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Who hired - and could fire - Hynes? Pens fans were high on Hynes when he was hired, but Shero had exclusive access to him.

He got way more out of last years team than anyone should have and they had a good start this year. It's not like firing Hynes has been a lingering issue.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
He got way more out of last years team than anyone should have and they had a good start this year. It's not like firing Hynes has been a lingering issue.

I get that. I was responding to the poster who made it sound like the GM can't do anything about the coaching. However, I don't follow the Devils enough to comment on whether he should deal with the coaching staff.

Last edited:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Shero transformed the offense in a year and a half. Defense is a mess now, hopefully he can transform that by next September and then we will see where we are at.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Shero has made some excellent moves and has absolutely put this organization in the right directly.

We were in shambles when he took over. It's not Shero's fault that Palmieri has 4 goals and is playing like butt. It's also not his fault that Henrique took the first two months of the season off. We need a top 6 center and a top pairing d-man. Those don't just grow on trees. He will be active in the trade and free agent market with guys like Shattenkirk and Fowler.

The team fooled us early on into thinking they were contending... but we have a few years more.

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
NJ in far more interesting this year...

I'm not a devils fan, but I think Shero did a pretty good job

Just by bring Taylor Hall, he made a good job

zajac is having a good year, Henrique started to play better...

Hall-Zajac, Zacha, palmieri, Henrique, miles wood, cammaleri, beau bennett...not so bad... wont comment on the 3rd liner LIKE Kalinin, DSP, Parenteau, but I think there is a needed upgrade....3 line who can chip in...

D is poor, but can potentially play better...Santini was expected to bring defensive boost, but not...Seversson, always like him, was a very safe D man in juniors, dont know what happen with him, he's -17...never made a shift in PK...looks like just an offensive D man...

Cory Schneider is having very poor numbers...but I choose him top 5 NHL goaltender any day of the week, so a turnaround can happen every time...

I would see shero get players who need a fresh start and come cheap, like a burmistrov...likely for future consideration...

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Who hired - and could fire - Hynes? Pens fans were high on Hynes when he was hired, but Shero had exclusive access to him.

What would be the reason? The Devils greatly overachieved last year by being in playoff contention until March. They got off to a fast start this year but over the last 3 weeks, they've been dreadful. It's not like the Devils are contenders, so I don't see a legit cause, yet. My faith in Hynes is dwindling, but I understand why they he has to last the season, at least.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Wasn't a huge fan of the Zacha pick even then and it doesn't look much better now, but it's still too early to call it a bad pick. With Werenski and Provorov right behind him though it does look a touch questionable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad