Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Is it just me, or is that one BIG card? 12 matches, one of which is a 20-women Battle Royale?

I'm all for giving the women a platform, but I feel like this is going to result in a bunch of very short matches that look awful. You could easily, easily remove the Naomi/Melina match and the Mickie James/Lita match. Why not just have Lita on commentary with Renee?

Just feels like a lot of filler

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
supposed leaked Evolution card

DaGBFdi.png

Why is Ivory randomly thrown into that tag match with Sasha and Bayley?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think the reported card is worthy of a PPV. I just won't be watching because there seems to be a lot of thrown together things and no actual build. I'll tune in for a few spots on a replay and that is all. It has nothing to do with being a women's PPV, just the build is soooo poor. Maybe a lot changes.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Good to see this thread actually discussing spoilers.

Outside of Becky/Charlotte and Lynch/Stratus, the rest of that can take place on a RAW or Smackdown card. Carmella interviewing the GLOW cast? I'll skip this one for sure.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Ok? And Ivory hasn't wrestled in how long?

Just seems like an odd throw-in, that's all I'm saying.

Might as well put Ronda Rousey one on one against Stacy Kiebler, just for fun. :laugh:

I think the reported card is worthy of a PPV. I just won't be watching because there seems to be a lot of thrown together things and no actual build. I'll tune in for a few spots on a replay and that is all. It has nothing to do with being a women's PPV, just the build is soooo poor. Maybe a lot changes.

How can you complain that there's no build when it's not time to build for it yet? You're not complaining about the lack of build for the Rumble are you? That's gonna have some random stuff and matches you've got no clue why they're happening too. But you've not seen a spoiler for them so it's not a problem, is it?

You can complain about the lack of build later when they've had a chance to actually build to all the matches. They've got six weeks of TV (which is over 40 hours worth) to build.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
How can you complain that there's no build when it's not time to build for it yet? You're not complaining about the lack of build for the Rumble are you? That's gonna have some random stuff and matches you've got no clue why they're happening too. But you've not seen a spoiler for them so it's not a problem, is it?

You can complain about the lack of build later when they've had a chance to actually build to all the matches. They've got six weeks of TV (which is over 40 hours worth) to build.

You are barking at the wrong person, Kimi. I even mentioned a lot could change. As of right now, I have no interest. It's the same reason I don't tune into a lot of NJPW or TNA stuff. I don't know the stories and I'm a story-based fan. When stories are given, I tune in. I thought All-In did a terrific job of setting up stories. NXT PPVs do a TERRIFIC job of setting up stories.

Wrestling matches just to have wrestling matches are meh. A good story will top a good match. A great story and a great match = heaven.

Please see my prior post where i clearly state maybe a lot changes.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t mind complaints before seeing builds. We’ve seen enough TV the past few years that WWE can put together good cards on paper with subpar builds and often bad finishes conditioning people to lower expectations. Few things have been booked and built worse than storylines among the women, and they’re highlighting a number of women who are retroactively legends in the business even though the reason we’ve gotten a new breed of women on TV with better wrestling skills who were brought in because the said legends never got nor earned these opportunities.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
my thoughts if the card is legit

UK Title - Should be good
Special Announcement - Tag Title belt reveal maybe? fine
Carmella+GLOW - I assume Carmella insults the cast for not being real wrestlers and they job her out. fine whatever I guess
Riott Squad v Banks/Bayley/Ivory - kinda weird. doubt its all that good but most of them can work so hey
Storm v Shirai - probably match of the night if its an NXT style match. if its a main roster match, it depends on what they can put out
Battle Royal - whatever
Asuka v Moon - again? this soon? interesting. probably a fine match though
Naomi v Melina - yawn
Kairi v BR Winner - likely a solid match
Bliss v Stratus - dont really care personally
Womens Tag Titles - alot of bizarre teams. probably ends up being a mess.
Lynch v Flair - has potential. Lynch might win the title here if she doesnt take it at HIAC
Bella v Rousey - yawn

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It would be hilarious if Kelly Kelly & Alicia Fox are the inagural tag team champs lmao

I could sort of see Natalya winning it, with Beth Phoenix coming back to the fold.

Just a nod to her late dad who won the tag belts with Bret....plus Natalya doesn't win a whole lot so, hey, why not. :dunno:

Plus Beth Phoenix would give them someone that can actually stand up to Rousey, at least physically. Not that she would, but she's got the size advantage at least.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I could sort of see Natalya winning it, with Beth Phoenix coming back to the fold.

Just a nod to her late dad who won the tag belts with Bret....plus Natalya doesn't win a whole lot so, hey, why not. :dunno:

Plus Beth Phoenix would give them someone that can actually stand up to Rousey, at least physically. Not that she would, but she's got the size advantage at least.

Beth isn't coming back full time.

She's supposed to be the commentator for this show.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess it can work if they lose at their first defense against Sasha and Bayley. But it wouldn't be iconic.

Iconics are booked to be a joke. The first winners need to be strong so that these tag belts have a shot of being relevant since eventually they won’t be.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I really like that card. They have tons of work to do for build, which I’m sure will fall short. Very short.

Nikki Bella in the main event with Rousey is insulting to me though.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Good to see this thread actually discussing spoilers.

Outside of Becky/Charlotte and Lynch/Stratus, the rest of that can take place on a RAW or Smackdown card. Carmella interviewing the GLOW cast? I'll skip this one for sure.

I don't get this one. They already promoted the new season before it hit Netflix earlier this year on Smackdown and on some Rap Battle show. And Carmella's supposed to be a face now anyway. It was a good season though but why promote it again? Unless it involves a trailer for season 3.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
I don't get this one. They already promoted the new season before it hit Netflix earlier this year on Smackdown and on some Rap Battle show. And Carmella's supposed to be a face now anyway. It was a good season though but why promote it again? Unless it involves a trailer for season 3.

Opposite way around. They're using the GLOW cast to attract the fans of the series to watch the PPV.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I absolutely hate Carmella as champ but why is she like... just okay with not getting a rematch and not being champ? :laugh: Now she's just going to interview someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad