Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The Bellas are still big stars and they have their own reality show, which increases their value, for better or worse for the rest of the roster. Probably why they got to the end of the Royal Rumble
Exactly, the casual observer has an idea who they are.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Why were they in the ring with Ronda again? I can understand Nattie being there, emotional moment for her and all, but the Bellas being part of that moment made no sense to me.

Because they are trailblazers.

Two legends of the past helping crown the new Champion!

It’s a moment that will go down in history!

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

I was bracing for a triple-turn or something, Natty just clocking Ronda from behind while the Bellas join in, starting a new feud.

Glad it didn't come to that.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

I know you are being sarcastic, but the really sad thing is they are the total opposite. They are the symbol of everything that was wrong with the women's division before the so-called revolution. Untalented bimbos that were there just to show off some skin. They have gotten much better in the ring, but they are still VERY FAR from being even average... especially Brie.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The sole reason they were hired were, as you said, to show off some skin, and also, twins.

But with the amount of, uh, work they've had done, it's not even like they're believable twins anymore. :help::laugh:

I couldn't help but laugh when I heard Rousey's opponent at the women's PPV was likely going to be Nikki Bella. Talk about a mismatch.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
When Mae was alive at least they had her give a little beatdown to LayCool.

It'd be cool to have Carmella come out and run her mouth, only for one of the "old guard" to teach her a lesson or two. :laugh:

Maybe that's the plan for Trish/Alexa

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
giving the Trish match to Alexa is not far off

I disagree.

Alexa isn't the best wrestler, but her character work is tremendous and she is actually entertaining. Alexa vs Trish also makes sense as Bliss kinda sees herself as what Stratus really was. There's a compelling story to tell there. Too bad the build will likely suck as they already spoiled that the match will be on the card.

Nikki Bella was never good at anything else than looking good. There is no reason for her reality-tv-succubbus ass to be getting a title match against Ronda Rousey. She'll probably take a page out of Cena's book and come back saying she is the mesuring stick and wants a title match.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nah, giving Bliss the Trish match is also a total joke.

It shows a total lack of understanding of what actually got the women over in the first place. This hold over Diva nonsense isn’t it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I disagree.

Alexa isn't the best wrestler, but her character work is tremendous and she is actually entertaining. Alexa vs Trish also makes sense as Bliss kinda sees herself as what Stratus really was. There's a compelling story to tell there. Too bad the build will likely suck as they already spoiled that the match will be on the card.

Nikki Bella was never good at anything else than looking good. There is no reason for her reality-tv-succubbus ass to be getting a title match against Ronda Rousey. She'll probably take a page out of Cena's book and come back saying she is the mesuring stick and wants a title match.

Didn't they give Nikki the longest title reign, just to wipe AJ Lee out of the record books? I can see her using that in any cringy promo vs Ronda.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Trish vs Sasha makes a ton of sense.

It could make sense, yeah. But I fail to see why Bliss getting the match is a joke. It isn't as if Alexa was as useless as a Bella. I get that she isn't the best wrestler, but I do not really get the Bliss hate. She is awesome on the mike and has a lot of personality. She could give Trish a great feud. The match itself probably wouldn't be anything special, but it wouldn't be a "joke" either.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
yep. the hard truth is that not many casual fans will want to tune in for an all womens PPV

It will actually be interesting to see the view numbers compared to say, Hell In A Cell.

I support the event, but I still don't necessarily see the need for it. The revolution is about bringing Women's Wrestling up near what Men's Wrestling is. Women's wrestling has had a Rumble, a MITB match, a HITC match, they have main evented RAWs, SmackDowns, and PPV's. That's what it is about. Allowing Women to be in those prominent positions. Having great women athletes like Ronda Rousey, Carmella, Charlotte Flair and Alexa Bliss leading the divisions.

It's not about having an isolated PPV.

I found Stephanie's, "We want it to be the Women's WrestleMania!" comment to be so stupid. WrestleMania should also be the Women's WrestleMania. It's WrestleMania! Had they been smart, you could have had Undefeated Ronda Rousey vs Undefeated Asuke main even WrestleMania for one of the Women's Championships, and fans would have loved it! Especially if it meant no Roman Reigns in the main event.

I'm just worried that if numbers are drastically low for this event, which they very well may be, that the event could be used as a "SEE! The fans don't care about Women's Wrestling!" tool.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It could make sense, yeah. But I fail to see why Bliss getting the match is a joke. It isn't as if Alexa was as useless as a Bella. I get that she isn't the best wrestler, but I do not really get the Bliss hate. She is awesome on the mike and has a lot of personality. She could give Trish a great feud. The match itself probably wouldn't be anything special, but it wouldn't be a "joke" either.
Give me Alexa over Banks 100% of the time. At least Bliss is entertaining.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Banks hasn't done anything of quality in literal years. YEARS

Bliss is a limited worker. Very much so...but at least she can play her part and play it well.

Reactions: Cor

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Because Bliss overall is a joke.

What got WWE to finally start taking women seriously was great work rates, solid storytelling, combined with good characters. Alexa has never fit into that. She is 100% in the mold of how they booked the Divas, and why many fans still see women’s segments as piss breaks.

It would be a pointless feud, a forgettable match, on what is shaping up to be an incredibly forgettable card.

Reactions: Jussi

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Because Bliss overall is a joke.

What got WWE to finally start taking women seriously was great work rates, solid storytelling, combined with good characters. Alexa has never fit into that. She is 100% in the mold of how they booked the Divas, and why many fans still see women’s segments as piss breaks.

It would be a pointless feud, a forgettable match, on what is shaping up to be an incredibly forgettable card.

You’re wrong

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
WWE is taking women more seriously because of the success Ronda had in UFC. None of this would be happening with the women if she didn’t prove women could be a draw. While the women they have now are much better than they were, it’s not like they only ever had bad workers since Trish and Lita left.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad