Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
Because Bliss overall is a joke.

What got WWE to finally start taking women seriously was great work rates, solid storytelling, combined with good characters. Alexa has never fit into that. She is 100% in the mold of how they booked the Divas, and why many fans still see women’s segments as piss breaks.

It would be a pointless feud, a forgettable match, on what is shaping up to be an incredibly forgettable card.

The Diva women were barely athletic and couldn't do a promo to save their life. How is that Alexa? She's very athletic and dominates on promos over most of the women. The only thing she has in common with the "divas" is that she's really attractive.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I cant check this first hand atm, but apparently Dave on WOR corroborated a story that WWE could be looking at calling up Shayna Baszler and EC3 as early as next week

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
What, not Velveteen? But he wants it soooo bad! :laugh:

Plus, he just beat EC3 so.....wouldn't it make more sense for him to get "promoted" first?
No it doesn't. I'm not a fan of EC3 but he is what he is and he's not going to improve. Dream is still a pup and has so much to learn.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
What, not Velveteen? But he wants it soooo bad! :laugh:

Plus, he just beat EC3 so.....wouldn't it make more sense for him to get "promoted" first?

most get called up after a loss

however EC3 is gonna get lost in the mix. the main roster is simply FAR too big now

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
And EC3 is too shit.

This ain't the days of LOLTNA. He'll get lost in the shuffle as he damn well should.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Why would you do that to the Dream? Staying in NXT is the best move for him. EC3 is going to be lost in the shuffle.

Meh, I don't know. I've never actually watched NXT, I just keep hearing about the kid and lately I read about the message printed on his tights.

Trial by fire, let's see what he can do. :laugh:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
He will be lost and buried on the main roster. Call ups are death.

Well then someone should tell him that, because he seems to want a call-up.

Once Vince finally croaks, maybe it won't be such a death knell and some new blood in Creative will lead to better storylines across the board.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Ofc he wants a call up, you make loads more money on the main roster.

But as a fan, I don't give a crap about that. I just want to see him on a good show.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Because this board is cool or something.

She’s the best female worker in the company.
Hands down. She's a level above most other women in the company in terms of in-ring work and talent, too. Look no further than her ring time in the women's rumble. It's always the upper tier workhorses that get that role in rumbles. She knocked it out of the park too.

I think some are forgetting that Trish and Lita were botch machines in their heydays too, they were just far more talented athletically than everyone else and could put on good to great matches despite that. For the majority of the rest of the women's roster back then, they just couldn't pull a decent match out of their bikinis.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Hands down. She's a level above most other women in the company in terms of in-ring work and talent, too. Look no further than her ring time in the women's rumble. It's always the upper tier workhorses that get that role in rumbles. She knocked it out of the park too.

I think some are forgetting that Trish and Lita were botch machines in their heydays too, they were just far more talented athletically than everyone else and could put on good to great matches despite that. For the majority of the rest of the women's roster back then, they just couldn't pull a decent match out of their bikinis.
Not just that, but literally everyone has their best match with Sasha. Name one woman on the roster and they’ve most likely had their best matches with Sasha.

Bayley? Check. Charlotte? Check. Becky? Check. Alexa? Check. Nia? Check. Ruby? Check.

Reactions: Danger Zone

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Man the sheer idiocy I see from people on this forum when it comes to women's wrestling really makes me shake my head.

Alexis Bliss is a competent worker who can go. The reason she hasn't put on 5 star spot monkey matches is because her character work hasn't required her to. Her role is the undersized bratty heel that sneaks her way to victory not the flippy dippy sparkle princess cheerleader gymnast face she was in NXT and her in ring work represents that. She's no Diva era competitor. That much is clear.

So Sasha's a botcher? What have been her worst matches? Trying to carry sloppy workers like Nia Jax or Tamina? Nearly dying because daddy's little girl Charlotte can't land a high flyer move right to save her life? You think Little Miss Flair doesn't botch? Did you see the Summerslam match where she moonsaults out of the ring and splatters Carmella with her full weight and leaves Becky looking like a goof having to sell a move that completely missed her? Most of Sasha's cringe worthy came in matches with Charlotte, and can be directly attributed to Charlotte.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Because this board is cool or something.

She’s the best female worker in the company.

People forget so quickly the gems these ladies have put on. It isn’t their fault they haven’t given them anything good for ages.

At least Becky and Charlotte are feuding so are in line to get a few high quality matches out of them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Alexa has shown that she doesn’t bring anyone down with her. She doesn’t take any risks, though.

Charlotte screws up way more than anyone else. If you’re doing a moonsault to the outside, the person has to be in position or adjust.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
From Rajah:

-- According to Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, the likely main event for next month's WWE Hell in a Cell PPV is either a six-man tag team match with The Shield taking on Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley and perhaps Finn Balor or a one-on-one match for the WWE Universal title between Reigns and Strowman.

A six man tag with Roman and five faces? He'll be the only one getting heat. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad