Raw/NXT/PPV Spoiler Thread 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Who cares about being the US or IC champion ?
I mean they're just second rate titles that nobody cares about

Why be the WWE champion ? If you're not the top guy in company like Cena or Reigns, it's like it doesn't even matter if you are a champion of any measure

Seriously guys
No one should care about going after championships at all

I feel like you kinda went hyperbole on my point. Having two "world" titles makes no sense. The whole brand split is so forced and ridiculous. Having a world title - IC title- and US title actually makes sense because they're different tiers at least.

Why do we keep unifying and splitting world titles? It's just so asinine. And of course the Womens and Tag Team I assume is going to be one title for both brands? I hate it.

I guess this is how I view it, if WCW was still around and they decided to have a WCW Thunder World Title and a WCW Nitro World Title this is what the WWE is currently doing. It's stupid. My opinion of course.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I feel like you kinda went hyperbole on my point. Having two "world" titles makes no sense. The whole brand split is so forced and ridiculous. Having a world title - IC title- and US title actually makes sense because they're different tiers at least.

Why do we keep unifying and splitting world titles? It's just so asinine. And of course the Womens and Tag Team I assume is going to be one title for both brands? I hate it.

I guess this is how I view it, if WCW was still around and they decided to have a WCW Thunder World Title and a WCW Nitro World Title this is what the WWE is currently doing. It's stupid. My opinion of course.

It isn't the same at all. Thunder was very VERY clearly the B show. No one wanted to work it and they rarely had any of their bigger stars on there.

The idea of a brand split in theory is to evenly distribute your big stars so both shows have solid main event scene. Politics and laziness undermines that.

I'm not a big fan of the split, but a SD show headlined by Cena/Styles is lightyears ahead of Thunder.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I don't mind the two world titles, it gives other top guys a chance to hold a heavyweight title, because right now only Reigns and probably Cena (at some point soon) will be holding the main belt for a while or many times for a while. Atleast now we can get a Wyatt, KO, Cesaro champion.

I don't want another Womens title, but now the women on smackdown will have nothing to do. I don't really want another set of tag titles either.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't mind the two world titles, it gives other top guys a chance to hold a heavyweight title, because right now only Reigns and probably Cena (at some point soon) will be holding the main belt for a while or many times for a while. Atleast now we can get a Wyatt, KO, Cesaro champion.

I don't want another Womens title, but now the women on smackdown will have nothing to do. I don't really want another set of tag titles either.

I really don't think Roman will be carrying the belt long term anymore. At least not as a face.

Crowds are more invested in Seth and Dean, and they are going to be even more hostile towards Roman when he gets back.

Vince might want to keep this tweener/face thing going but it is only going to get worse from here as far as reactions go. Roman needs a heel turn more then ever now.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It isn't the same at all. Thunder was very VERY clearly the B show. No one wanted to work it and they rarely had any of their bigger stars on there.

The idea of a brand split in theory is to evenly distribute your big stars so both shows have solid main event scene. Politics and laziness undermines that.

I'm not a big fan of the split, but a SD show headlined by Cena/Styles is lightyears ahead of Thunder.

How is Smackdown clearly not the B show though? When has a storyline ever advanced on Smackdown? Maybe Smackdown is a B show, and Thunder was a C show, alright, so Smackdown is not on Thunder level, but it's still not marketed as anything worthwhile.

I agree with the politics and laziness, which once again makes this entire brand split stupid. This was the storyline for a brand split "hey, we're splitting the brand again for no real reason!" Fantastic.

They screwed the pooch with the McMahon storyline, they should have had him win at WM or did a completely different storyline not involving Taker to have him win. At least you could have had some type of storyline direction even though it's still a bit of a rehash.

The World Heavyweight Championship will never be equal to the WWE Championship because the company is the WWE. Why not put the World Heavyweight Championship for the RAW Title and the WWE Title for Smackdown? At least THAT would show me they value the World Heavyweight Championship more than they do since we all know Raw will continue to be more of the premiere show.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

But that's my whole point, it makes the title as "Oh hey you're not good enough for the WWE Title so here's this second rate world title for you." "Reigns and Cena are our true top guys."

But, I'll stop *****ing about it unless someone really wants to continue talking about it as I have said my peace. I guess I dislike it because it actually caused me to stop watching the WWF all together for a long time when the split happened, and it will probably happen again. They should try some new ideas for once instead of rehashing old ones, especially ones that weren't even that good to begin with.

littleD

What is the story behind the brand split, why are they doing it now, why, other than bringing back old GMs has their been no mention of it....

Why am I supposed to care about extra title belts, when there are already belts no one cares about.

Is Vince going to actually answer anything tonight? Or is he just there to interrupt Bischoff's obvious one-night return.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
What is the story behind the brand split, why are they doing it now, why, other than bringing back old GMs has their been no mention of it....

Why am I supposed to care about extra title belts, when there are already belts no one cares about.

Is Vince going to actually answer anything tonight? Or is he just there to interrupt Bischoff's obvious one-night return.

The story is USA wants more programming and Smackdown to be live so we get a brand split. What an exciting storyline! :sarcasm:

We all know how well things go when Network executives try to control and get their hands in the content.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
A 2 hour show headlined by Cena and Styles beats a 3 hour one with Seth and Roman (sorry Seth)

Agreed, RAW has so much filler and clutter because its waaaaaay too long. 3 Hours is too much, break it down to 2 hours filled with actual story telling and build up of rivalries and SD will soon become much much better than RAW.

I still think RAW will have the better roster tho, because Vince still won't care about SD.

Triple H should run SD :nod:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Agreed, RAW has so much filler and clutter because its waaaaaay too long. 3 Hours is too much, break it down to 2 hours filled with actual story telling and build up of rivalries and SD will soon become much much better than RAW.

I still think RAW will have the better roster tho, because Vince still won't care about SD.

Triple H should run SD :nod:

Honestly that is debatable. Styles and Bullet Club alone makes SD really appealing. Unless they put all the jobbers on SD, it will have a solid roster.

Plus my gut tells me Nakamura is going to be on SD when he gets called up and that is a winning roster.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Apparently Vince has been souring on Roman's push before the suspension and more voices are lobbying his push should go elsewhere to someone like AJ. Plan now might be for Seth to headline one show and AJ the other.

Also they still plan to push Finn hard, but some are afraid Vince might sour on him because he is a HHH guy.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Logical choice but I'm personally not a fan of that selection. I just can't see him as an authority figure.

I'm good with it as long as KO is on the show and Byron Saxton is off commentary. Bryan would be like a more sarcastic Foley. Smackdown will be the perfect show if KO is on it and Saxton is off it. lol

S A W F T*

Could you see Mick Foley has an authority figure? Bryan has the same kind of comedic timing, he could be a GREAT face GM.

I wasn't watching when DB did his comedy act. Really only seen him leading up to WM30 and after he was legitimized with the title run.

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised if he is indeed picked.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Could you see Mick Foley has an authority figure? Bryan has the same kind of comedic timing, he could be a GREAT face GM.

It's also a cheap way to get the Yes chants back into circulation because as a face GM, he can just poll the audience like that to help make matches. The thing I will like with Shane and DB running Smackdown is that chances are that will put the IC title on Smackdown and they may actually elevate that title. And it's going to need work after they finish whatever the hell it is they plan to do with Miz and Darren Young. lol

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It's also a cheap way to get the Yes chants back into circulation because as a face GM, he can just poll the audience like that to help make matches. The thing I will like with Shane and DB running Smackdown is that chances are that will put the IC title on Smackdown and they may actually elevate that title. And it's going to need work after they finish whatever the hell it is they plan to do with Miz and Darren Young. lol

Darren Young vs The Miz has to be a throw away match... I hope. I love Miz, he is a wonderful heel, but I don't have any interest in seeing him againt Darren Young.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Darren Young vs The Miz has to be a throw away match... I hope. I love Miz, he his a wonderful heel, but I don't have any interest in seeing him againt Darren Young.

Which is kind of dumb when you think about it. They spent all this time running vignettes to make Darren Young great again and now they have him accidentally win the battle royal to get a shot at the IC title. So either they pretty much crap on the IC title one more time and give Young the title or completely kill that whole DY-Backlund stuff. But then again, I thought Miz getting the title was a mistake and still think it is. KO-Zayn would've been better with that involved, imo. Although I will admit there is a part of me that wants to see Young win the title with the crossfaced chicken wing. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad