OT: Rate the last movie you watched out of 10 AKA The Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just started season 1 of The Mandalorian. I like it so far, but it's a tad slow, especially for 35 minute episodes. So far I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10 and once the basic storyline setup is done, I'm sure it will be faster paced, so I expect that to go up. Very enjoyable.

Reactions: bbfan419

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Just started season 1 of The Mandalorian. I like it so far, but it's a tad slow, especially for 35 minute episodes. So far I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10 and once the basic storyline setup is done, I'm sure it will be faster paced, so I expect that to go up. Very enjoyable.
That season ebs and flows. The middle episodes lag but the finish is excellent. Season 2 is fantastic. No real lagging episodes.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That season ebs and flows. The middle episodes lag but the finish is excellent. Season 2 is fantastic. No real lagging episodes.

I heard that from a few friends as well. We're watching it with my kids as our next family program to binge. We've watched Stranger Things and The Umbrella Academy before this, so this was the next logical progression. Any other family friendly shows that people suggest will be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: RustyBruins72

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I heard that from a few friends as well. We're watching it with my kids as our next family program to binge. We've watched Stranger Things and The Umbrella Academy before this, so this was the next logical progression. Any other family friendly shows that people suggest will be greatly appreciated!

The cameos in The Mandalorian are great. They really ramp up the second season.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The cameos in The Mandalorian are great. They really ramp up the second season.

I saw that Nick Nolte is in it, but I'm not sure we saw him yet? We're through the first two episodes and will probably watch another one tonight.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

couldn’t get thru season 1

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I haven’t really liked anything Star Wars since the original trilogy... until The Mandalorian. I actually enjoyed it thoroughly from the first episode. Keeps getting better as it goes. Surprised the hell out of me.

I didn't mind The Force Awakens, but probably because it was A New Hope redone with a few different characters. The other 2 in the new trilogies sucked though. I did like Rogue One quite a bit though.

If I were to rank them, it would look like this:
1. Empire
2. New Hope
3. Rogue One
4. Force Awakens
5. Return of Jedi
6. Revenge of the Sith
7. Clones
8. Menace
9. Rise of Skywalker
10. Last Jedi

*Have not seen Han Solo yet but not in a rush given the things I've heard about it.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

stick with it Lonnie. It takes a bit but well worth it.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I didn't mind The Force Awakens, but probably because it was A New Hope redone with a few different characters. The other 2 in the new trilogies sucked though. I did like Rogue One quite a bit though.

1. Empire
2. New Hope
3. Rogue One
4. Force Awakens
5. Return of Jedi
6. Revenge of the Sith
7. Clones
8. Menace
9. Rise of Skywalker
10. Last Jedi

*Have not seen Han Solo yet but not in a rush given the things I've heard about it.
Solo IMO was the worst of all Star Wars related movies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
stick with it Lonnie. It takes a bit but well worth it.

We're definitely going to keep watching. I liked what I've seen so far, it's just started with a lot of set up. The kids love baby Yoda though so I couldn't stop watching it even if I wanted without them revolting against me...lol

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

1. Empire
2. New Hope
3. Rogue One
4. Force Awakens
5. Return of Jedi
6. Revenge of the Sith
7. Clones
8. Menace
9. Rise of Skywalker
10. Last Jedi

I personally loved Solo. A lot of the complaints are that the actor they chose for Han wasn’t good. I think those are unfair expectations.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I personally loved Solo. A lot of the complaints are that the actor they chose for Han wasn’t good. I think those are unfair expectations.

Now that we got Disney+, I'm sure I'll see it at some point. Not that I'm against watching it, just that I figured we were getting plus for XMAS, and that it would happen sooner or later.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I saw that Nick Nolte is in it, but I'm not sure we saw him yet? We're through the first two episodes and will probably watch another one tonight.

Nolte played the cowboy sidekick guy, Kuiil. It even looks like Nolte.

Edit: Misspelled Nolte. Damned spellcheck.

9dd5a188-d50d-4fea-8a50-8d007e1c9b93-screen-shot-2019-11-11-at-33351-pm.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad