OT: Rate the last movie you watched out of 10 AKA The Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Rogue One still one my favorite Star Wars

by far the best movie since the original trilogy.

the second three releases actually had very good Star Wars canon based stories but Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman did awful acting jobs.

the last three should have been done by Filoni and Faveau. Rian Johnson screwed the whole thing up. The Rey Finn dynamic was phenomenal in TFA. I loves that movie then Johnson barely has them in any scenes together in the TLJ. I did enjoy RoS but it wasn’t great

the Mandalorian was great but the first few episodes were disjointed And didn’t seem to have any real purpose. Season two was amazing

I would recommend Clone Wars then Rebels of you are really into it and have some time. The story lines are fabulous and you get to meet the whole galaxy it seems

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
by far the best movie since the original trilogy.

the second three releases actually had very good Star Wars canon based stories but Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman did awful acting jobs.

the last three should have been done by Filoni and Faveau. Rian Johnson screwed the whole thing up. The Rey Finn dynamic was phenomenal in TFA. I loves that movie then Johnson barely has them in any scenes together in the TLJ. I did enjoy RoS but it wasn’t great

the Mandalorian was great but the first few episodes were disjointed And didn’t seem to have any real purpose. Season two was amazing

I would recommend Clone Wars then Rebels of you are really into it and have some time. The story lines are fabulous and you get to meet the whole galaxy it seems

Couldn’t get thru season 1 of mandalorian. Got thru a few seasons of clone wars. Need to start it over.

Vader at the end of rogue one is still my favorite recent movie moment

I also enjoyed episode 3. Favorite part is when Obi One is just standing at the entrance of the ship lol

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Couldn’t get thru season 1 of mandalorian. Got thru a few seasons of clone wars. Need to start it over.

Vader at the end of rogue one is still my favorite recent movie moment

I also enjoyed episode 3. Favorite part is when Obi One is just standing at the entrance of the ship lol

That was bad ass and made the entire movie for me.

Reactions: Troublesome 85

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I had so little interest in the blatant cash grab that was the last movie (Crystal Skull) that I've never seen it, and I grew up loving those movies. Can't see myself catching another one if they make it, unless it's a reboot, and even then, it would be more out of curiosity than anything.

I vaguely remember it being horrible. If they were to continue with Indy it should be Shia Labeuf because was like Indys son in it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
watched both parts of Tiger , I went in with the thought it was going to be a creampuff doc where all it does is pump his tires and have me tapping out after a half hour and couldn`t have been more wrong. The doc shows and goes into details about the flawed man he is and doesn`t shy away from the controversies. Of course, they do focus on his achievements on the links too. It`s not that I enjoy or get any satisfaction watching others fail or struggle but so tired of some docs telling only half the story, this isn`t one of those

Reactions: VanIsle and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Saw the Denzel Washington, Jared Leto, Rami Malek movie The Little Things. Was very slow and boring. I'd give it a 4 out of 10. Wasted a great cast with a bad story.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Saw the Denzel Washington, Jared Leto, Rami Malek movie The Little Things. Was very slow and boring. I'd give it a 4 out of 10. Wasted a great cast with a bad story.

I liked it a little better than that, but I wasn't looking for an action movie. Terribly implausible plotline, but a good character study. I also didn't see what was controversial about the ending, I saw it a mile away. All in all, 6/10.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I liked it a little better than that, but I wasn't looking for an action movie. Terribly implausible plotline, but a good character study. I also didn't see what was controversial about the ending, I saw it a mile away. All in all, 6/10.

Yeah, it was pretty obvious as I saw it coming the entire time as well. Everyone was good individually, but I thought the story was just so laughable.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Yeah, it was pretty obvious as I saw it coming the entire time as well. Everyone was good individually, but I thought the story was just so laughable.

Yeah, the way they got to the "SE7EN style" confrontation in the desert was not just implausible, it was stupid. Se7EN thought it out, it was an actual plotpoint. This mess just said "I gotta get them in the desert somehow. Oh I know, I'll just put them in the car and have them drive there!" No cop is going to do that They are going to bring him in, get him to agree to show the ditch site, then bring a forensics team out to look for a body. Silliness.

Still, Denzel was great, Rami was Rami, and Leto was truly creepy.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yeah, the way they got to the "SE7EN style" confrontation in the desert was not just implausible, it was stupid. Se7EN thought it out, it was an actual plotpoint. This mess just said "I gotta get them in the desert somehow. Oh I know, I'll just put them in the car and have them drive there!" No cop is going to do that They are going to bring him in, get him to agree to show the ditch site, then bring a forensics team out to look for a body. Silliness.

Still, Denzel was great, Rami was Rami, and Leto was truly creepy.

Exactly. The suspension of disbelief was too great. Like I said, the individual pieces were greater than the collective. Leto was his usual good creep self, and Denzel was tremendous as always. I'm not a huge Malek fan, but he was fine as well, improbable plot twist aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad