Injury Report: Rasmussen takes shot to knee, out indefinitely

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I just hope there aren't long-term implications where his skating is concerned. He can't afford to lose a step.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Zadina has not been used at PK at all.

Last 15 games, PK averages:
1. Copp 2:24min
(2. Rasmussen 1:55min)
3. Larkin 1:42min
4, Suter 1:36min
(5. Erne 1:26min)
6. Sundqvist 0:26min

Quite sure the extra role falls on Sundqvist. Suter, Copp and Larkin have been the PK regulars.

Copp - Larkin
Suter - Sundqvist
Both Copp and Suter have been very good on PK.

Basically I don't want our players to block shots, specially not Seider.

Oct 18, 2006
No update yet tonight?
The news on the Michael Rasmussen injured kneecap couldn’t be much worse for the Detroit Red Wings’ playoff hopes. “Out indefinitely,” Detroit coach Derek Lalonde said. “No time frame, but probably looks like a significant time frame for his return…We’ll know more probably in the next couple of days.”

The Detroit Red Wings don’t yet know if he will need surgery. They also aren’t yet sure if he’s done for the season. “But we will not see him anytime soon,” Lalonde said.
This isn’t good. Week-to-week, that’s rubbish.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Both Copp and Suter have been very good on PK.

Basically I don't want our players to block shots, specially not Seider.
Yet, isn't he close to league lead in blocked shots? I am pretty sure he is number one on our team at least.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Yet, isn't he close to league lead in blocked shots? I am pretty sure he is number one on our team at least.
Turns out he is 3rd in the league and Chiarot is up there too.

1677541170268.png

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I believe he is 2 or 3 in the league. I think they mentioned it in the game vs bolts.
I don't want him to block shots
If you don't want him blocking shots, then the forward group needs to get more aggressive on defense so we limit the amount of shots taken against in games.

Only real way to do that is have our forwards be taking the blocked shots more so they don't have a chance to get to Seider's area, but then you are leaving your forwards exposed.

It is interesting that Chiarot on Seider are blocking most shot attempts, then again, they are playing on lines with the quality or skilled lines we have and they probably don't want to block the shots...versus a line like Veleno, Sunny, who would more likely block the shots then, let's say Raymond or Larkin.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Seider is fine blocking shots, christ. The number of posts in recent days and weeks trying to advise Moritz Seider on what to do on the ice is pretty silly. Don't block shots. Don't lay down. Don't draw penalties. Don't do all the things that make you Mo Seider, Mo!

Just no.

The guy is special for, among other things, his creativity, his ingenuity, his IQ, his toughness, and his unconventional style. Just because Bert doesn't know how to block shots doesn't mean Mo Seider doesn't either.

7courg.jpg

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
I don't want him to block shots.
Did Lidstrom ever block shots?

Yeah, pretty much exactly the same player with exactly the same lineup around him.

Yes, that's irony.

Jesus Christ! They were two completely different types of players.

Do you not want Seider to ever hit anyone either?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Never could believe Ras becomes this important.

We got a dominant line for a short stint, and that's gone now when him being injured.

Berggren, Veleno, Raymond, all struggling. They should call Elmer up or something.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Not that much but still blocked a lot it seems. About 1 every game on average.

View attachment 658541
Playing defence there will be at least one puck that hits you. So basically he never blocked shots.
If you don't want him blocking shots, then the forward group needs to get more aggressive on defense so we limit the amount of shots taken against in games.

Only real way to do that is have our forwards be taking the blocked shots more so they don't have a chance to get to Seider's area, but then you are leaving your forwards exposed.

It is interesting that Chiarot on Seider are blocking most shot attempts, then again, they are playing on lines with the quality or skilled lines we have and they probably don't want to block the shots...versus a line like Veleno, Sunny, who would more likely block the shots then, let's say Raymond or Larkin.
Good point.
Seider is fine blocking shots, christ. The number of posts in recent days and weeks trying to advise Moritz Seider on what to do on the ice is pretty silly. Don't block shots. Don't lay down. Don't draw penalties. Don't do all the things that make you Mo Seider, Mo!

Just no.

The guy is special for, among other things, his creativity, his ingenuity, his IQ, his toughness, and his unconventional style. Just because Bert doesn't know how to block shots doesn't mean Mo Seider doesn't either.

7courg.jpg
Why don't you quote me?
Seider has to shoot more. He started to shoot more lately. Good.
Blocking shots, he is a defenceman so he will be blocking shots whether he wants or not. But he should block them smartly and not too many.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Playing defence there will be at least one puck that hits you. So basically he never blocked shots.

Good point.

Why don't you quote me?
Blocking shots, he is a defenceman so he will be blocking shots whether he wants or not. But he should block them smartly and not too many.

For a defenseman, not blocking too many shots looks like one of two things. Either you're suggesting that Seider intentionally elects bad positioning and give opponents clean looks on the goalie, which is a no good, very bad thing to do. Or that Seider should get in the habit of pretending to block shots and then jump out of he way at the last second and shout "OLE!" like a matador just to play mind games on the shooter but also limit the amount of shots blocked. Nothing like screening your own goalie and not following through with the block.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Why don't you quote me?
I had no specific poster in mind when I wrote that, it was a general reply to a number of posts I've read recently.

Seider is doing fine out there, he's good at blocking shots, and he shouldn't back off on that endeavor because some fear he'll get hurt. I just think it's weird how often, mainly in GDTs, I've seen posts advising Moritz Seider on how to play defense in the NHL lately.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I had no specific poster in mind when I wrote that, it was a general reply to a number of posts I've read recently.

Seider is doing fine out there, he's good at blocking shots, and he shouldn't back off on that endeavor because some fear he'll get hurt. I just think it's weird how often, mainly in GDTs, I've seen posts advising Moritz Seider on how to play defense in the NHL lately.
My only criticism of Seider blocking shots is when he tries to play goalie directly in front of his actual goalie and goes down trying to make a kick save.

Its most likely outcome is screening the goalie, causing a deflection right in front of the goalie, or taking a puck to an exposed area because he has his leg and foot turned sideways. Several times I've also seen him unable to clear the rebound because he's down on the ice from the kick save and can't get to it.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
My only criticism of Seider blocking shots is when he tries to play goalie directly in front of his actual goalie and goes down trying to make a kick save.

Its most likely outcome is screening the goalie, causing a deflection right in front of the goalie, or taking a puck to an exposed area because he has his leg and foot turned sideways. Several times I've also seen him unable to clear the rebound because he's down on the ice from the kick save and can't get to it.
I can recall him playing second goalie when things get super scrambly in the crease in the past. Without zeroing in on one case in particular, I don't have a problem with it. Not a ton of defenseman I would trust to do that, but Seider I trust. He's got the IQ and track record for me. Once the goalie is flopping around, he's half useless anyway. Kinda like the goalies on this forum half the time.

• Haha
Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad