Injury Report: Rasmussen takes shot to knee, out indefinitely

Oct 18, 2006
Captain Dylan Larkin said it was "very difficult" to see Rasmussen get hurt. "What he's brought to our team, not just on the score sheet but physicality, penalty kill, doing all the little things it takes to win. It hurts. I feel for him, we all do.

"Just his commitment to the team, his leadership, he's really found a great role and he's expanded his game in that role. It just sucks for him right now."
Strong words from the captain. I don’t like the sound of this. Hopefully nothing long term.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Hopefully this bandaid made especially for Rasmussen will speed the healing.

3c0f7978-c655-4f83-8d85-c207b69a1385_1.891a53c3c202cfbb10a1d8a8d4c5f204.jpeg

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Shoot... hopefully it's just sore/bruised. Which he'll still need time off but will be ready for playoffs.

You can play without you ACL/MCL but it's not good long-term. Usually aren't the same type of player either.

He's young, bigger too, so he should get surgery if needed cause healing is easier now than ever before.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Man what a bummer of a game last night. Team plays their ass off and gets vasilevsky'd and now this

Reactions: Bench

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
If he's done, I hope they acknowledge he's done and not just keep saying indefinite until the end of the season and then it comes out he's hoping to be ready for training camp vs the playoffs.
Lalonde mentioned during the press conference that they do not expect to see him anytime soon. Sure did not seem too optimistic.

• Wow
Reactions: Sentinel and lilidk

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Watched it this morning. Team was great in all ways, just couldn't slip one past Tampa's deflector shields.

Ras is one of my faves, I hope it's just a season-ender. :(

Reactions: Filppula

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Hit just above the shin guard. He likely broke the patella or femur.

View attachment 657701

I don’t think that he broke his femur…the amount of force needed have to break that bone is a lot greater than an 85 mph hockey puck. Otherwise people could be exploding their ankles routinely. Like players would be terrified of blocking shots.

If I recall correctly, it looked too low to be a femur anyways. Probably patella. Not sure what would be worse, fractured patella or a ruptured patellar tendon. Both seem plausible.

Then obviously you have the lower leg. Maybe a tibial fracture.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I guess it figures. Raymond on his way back from injury that happened during practice, so now we lose Ras.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
You want it to be a season ending injury?
Like others have said, NO. I just hope it's not worse. That was a puck into the inside knee, and Lark's comment was... immediately not positive.

So: Best-case: Nothing. A few games for swelling to go down. Medium-case: a few weeks until full-function. Worst-case: ... I'm not a doctor.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Lalonde mentioned during the press conference that they do not expect to see him anytime soon. Sure did not seem too optimistic.

That is what he said when Zadina went out and he was gone over 2 months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad