Value of: Rasmus Ristolainen to Winnipeg

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I think there's no better likely pick-up here other than Ristolainen for the right side.

I would think Ristolainen for Appleton and a 4th 2020 wouldn't be a bad trade.

If we were to do Roslovic for Ristolainen then Buffalo would need to add two conditional draft picks, 2021 and 2022 respectively. Both based on Roslovic's production or potential contract with Buffalo, but I think they would start as 4th/5th round picks.

I don’t think that fair value for Buffalo and this coming from a Jets fan.

I’d pony up more. Roslovic + 2nd round pick.

Fire Chevy

Dec 8, 2017
Winnipeg
Risto isn't a reclamation project. His numbers defensively have improved drastically since Housley's exit.

He's a 1/2 minute eating D with offensive upside.

Nikolaj Elhers is what it will cost. Peg fans will moan, but it doesn't change the price for Risto.
Yeah I’ve always thought risto got a bad rep but saying he’s #1 is absurd and he would not return Ehlers I could see Roslovic and a pick but Ehlers come on

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Would Risto for Copp work for both teams? (only because I think Copp has more value than Roslovic).

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I've been advocating for Risto to winnipeg since the summer. I think he may be better here than in buffalo, much like pionk.

That said, the problem is that his value is more than roslovic/vesalainen but less than ehlers. The jets don't have the one piece value wise that equals his.
Roslovic and a 2nd/3rd (can't remember what pick Buffalo needs in order to send an offersheet Cirelli's way)

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Risto isn't a reclamation project. His numbers defensively have improved drastically since Housley's exit.

He's a 1/2 minute eating D with offensive upside.

Nikolaj Elhers is what it will cost. Peg fans will moan, but it doesn't change the price for Risto.
lol Risto a 1/2 defensemen lol.

Tell ya what, we'll give ya 3/4 defensemen Dmitri Kulikov and Roslovic for him and call it a day, how does that sound?

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Tyler Myers 2.0 isn’t really what the Jets need IMO.

What they actually need is coach that recognises what the team already has, and adjusts his system to accommodate a smaller more skilled/mobile D, instead of trying to get "big" D-men who are not overly physical or "physical" D-men who suck.
Myers and Risto are the opposite...one is a giant who is afraid to touch people and the other will knock down any opposition in his area.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Sam is not a centre, and defensively not a 200 foot player. A high end second line centre (who contributes offensively while playing excellent over the entire ice) holds a lot of value. Getting that player, even at the cost of Sam and Risto, would definitely make them better.
And please keep you insults to yourself. My ideas carry equal value to yours, and all of us here.
Clearly don't know Reinhart then he's pretty good on defense in every zone except being an above average forechecker. He's a natural center playing wing he knows what he's doing and rarely makes mistakes. Wingers can be strong defensively and Sam is definitely one of the wingers who are a pretty good on D.

Last edited:

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Jet fans don't want Risto for what Sabres fans want in return. These threads are rarely if ever started by Jet fans. Any talk of Ehlers, Laine or really any of their top 5 forwards is going to be a non starter.

I give Risto the value of a 4D and PP producer. Sabre fans usually look for a good 2D value. I don't see much meeting in the middle.
I agree with this statement.I would trade Miller, McCabe,Montour before Risto-,would definitely keep him

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I’ve thought Risto would be a fit for WPEG. Would he be the main piece, or be part of a larger package?

Heres a crazy one I’m throwing out there...

Reinhart
Ristolainen

for

Laine
+roster player/pick
Sir, excuse me sir. You forgot to add in the sarcasm emoji at the end of your post. No big deal, just wanted to make sure you know how silly a person can sound when they do that. Have a great day!

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
My ideas carry equal value to yours, and all of us here.

Without getting into the debate over which of you is right, this statement is false. We all have the right to an opinion, but all opinions are NOT of equal value.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
No interest at all in Ristolainen for Ehlers. Are Sabres throwing in their 2020 unprotected 1st???

yeah, that’s what I thought. No way the Jets ever consider Ristolainen at that price.

something along the lines of Roslo + is the most I go but if that doesn’t work I’m perfectly fine with letting Buffalo keep him

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Roslovic and a 2nd/3rd (can't remember what pick Buffalo needs in order to send an offersheet Cirelli's way)

Buffalo would have to massively overpay Cirelli to get him to sign there. Not saying it can’t be done and if it were he would be a tremendous addition to their lineup, but I don’t see him leaving one of the top teams in the league to go to a dumpster fire unless the offer is simply too lucrative for him to turn down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad