Value of: Rasmus Ristolainen to Winnipeg

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
I think Rasmus Ristolainen be a good fit on the right side. With the cap situation opening up soon, Jets could make this type of deal. I do believe Chevy said his 1st this year would be off the table. What type of trade would work.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I'd be curious as to which roster player or prospect that Buffalo fans would consider to be fair value for Ristolainen (assuming that the Jet's don't want to give up their 1st round pick). Is his upside a 2D ? 3D?

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
I'd be curious as to which roster player or prospect that Buffalo fans would consider to be fair value for Ristolainen (assuming that the Jet's don't want to give up their 1st round pick). Is his upside a 2D ? 3D?
I would say hes a top 4 guy that could move to the first pairing. I would include Roslovic in a trade for him

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Buffalo would ask for ehlers so I doubt it’d happen.....the issue is botterill is under so much pressure that even tho the smart thing would be to add quality youth and 1sts and actually patiently and correctly rebuild the tim Murray rebuild LOL...... but if he doesn’t show he wants to win now or get this team to the playoffs by next season then he’ll most likely get canned which is a shame because there’s so much high end talent in buffalo..... if they actually remain patient and allow players to develop the right way they could build a serious contender for a very long time in the near future.
That being said outside of ehlers..... I could maybe see something with a roslovic+ .... maybe something with Niku but with Dahlin, pilut, McCabe, Samuelson, R. Johnson I’m not sure if they see LHD as a huge organizational need. Tho NHL quality middle 6 depth forwards is a massive need for this one line team

Reactions: Troy

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
Buffalo would ask for ehlers so I doubt it’d happen.....the issue is botterill is under so much pressure that even tho the smart thing would be to add quality youth and 1sts and actually patiently and correctly rebuild the tim Murray rebuild LOL...... but if he doesn’t show he wants to win now or get this team to the playoffs by next season then he’ll most likely get canned which is a shame because there’s so much high end talent in buffalo..... if they actually remain patient and allow players to develop the right way they could build a serious contender for a very long time in the near future.
That being said outside of ehlers..... I could maybe see something with a roslovic+ .... maybe something with Niku but with Dahlin, pilut, McCabe, Samuelson, R. Johnson I’m not sure if they see LHD as a huge organizational need. Tho NHL quality middle 6 depth forwards is a massive need for this one line team
I agree with what you said. I can see Roslovic with Appleton. As possibilities. With a pick.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Tyler Myers 2.0 isn’t really what the Jets need IMO.

What they actually need is coach that recognises what the team already has, and adjusts his system to accommodate a smaller more skilled/mobile D, instead of trying to get "big" D-men who are not overly physical or "physical" D-men who suck.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Tyler Myers 2.0 isn’t really what the Jets need IMO.

What they actually need is coach that recognises what the team already has, and adjusts his system to accommodate a smaller more skilled/mobile D, instead of trying to get "big" D-men who are not overly physical or "physical" D-men who suck.

he doesn’t resemble Tyler Myers at all...

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
I’ve thought Risto would be a fit for WPEG. Would he be the main piece, or be part of a larger package?

Heres a crazy one I’m throwing out there...

Reinhart
Ristolainen

for

Laine
+roster player/pick

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Tall, not overly physical, good offensively but below average defensively, tends to get hemmed in their own zone a lot. That’s a lot of similarity.

You sure you're talking about Ristolainen? Rasmus Ristolainen? Risto is 11th in the NHL hits this season. Cumulatively over the last 3, he's 8th.

If I were going to compare any current Sabres D to Myers on play style, it's Montour ainec.

Edit: Actually, if I were to compare Risto to another player, I'd say he's a Byfuglien lite. Better offensively than defensively, and plays a heavy power game.

Last edited:

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Jet fans don't want Risto for what Sabres fans want in return. These threads are rarely if ever started by Jet fans. Any talk of Ehlers, Laine or really any of their top 5 forwards is going to be a non starter.

I give Risto the value of a 4D and PP producer. Sabre fans usually look for a good 2D value. I don't see much meeting in the middle.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Tall, not overly physical, good offensively but below average defensively, tends to get hemmed in their own zone a lot. That’s a lot of similarity.

Risto is very physical and knows how to use his size and strength (and does use it). Myers on the other hand is unaware of his size.

don’t get me wrong, Risto is a flawed player with negatives, but saying he is not overly physical isn’t really accurate. As someone who has watched a lot of Myers and Risto, they dont resemble each other beyond a pretty generic “good offensively and not as good defensively”

Not commenting on the trade though!

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I’ve thought Risto would be a fit for WPEG. Would he be the main piece, or be part of a larger package?

Heres a crazy one I’m throwing out there...

Reinhart
Ristolainen

for

Laine
+roster player/pick

what???

Easy no from the Peg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad