Friedman: Rasmus Ristolainen has a lot of potential buyers this summer

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Since when has people complaining had any impact on real life player value. Or anything, really. :biglaugh:

Well when no one who has watched him thinks he is good then I doubt the GMs think he is good either so no one would actually give anything up to get him.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Well when no one who has watched him thinks he is good then I doubt the GMs think he is good either so no one would actually give anything up to get him.
Basically, these are people who look at the statistics +/- that may not fully reflect the game Risto, he plays for 25 minutes and on the PK for a team like Buffalo, of course he will have such statistics, and those who have seen 3-4 games of Risto for the season. At the beginning of the season he was good and it is not his fault that the team fell into the abyss. Hello coach.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Yeah I agree. Miller has way more value. No way we would do that trade. It’s ridiculous how much you guys complain about Risto and then act like he has any value.
This is the same guy who got pushed down the depth chart all year right? And was then playing so well he was only given 9 minutes of ice time in an elimination game against columbus? Miller is a mediocre 2nd liner, which sadly enough would be a good get for Buffalo, but for Ristolainen? Yeah no thanks.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
He's a defensive impact player despite his weaknesses, it's that profile teams are looking for rather than stats.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Yeah he'd "easily" do something he's never done once in his career. We're really going to cry about Cooper's poor coaching after a 128 point season? As someone who's watched the Lightning a fair amount I'd say Palat is leaned on more because he's a better two-way player.

Last edited by a moderator:

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Yeah he'd "easily" do something he's never done once in his career. We're really going to cry about Cooper's poor coaching after a 128 point season? As someone who's watched the Lightning a fair amount I'd say Palat is leaned on more because he's a better two-way player.

If you watched a single Lightning game this year you would know that Palat has regressed and is basically useless at this point. Just because we had a lot of wins doesn’t mean Cooper made perfect lineup decisions.

Miller has a 56 and a 58 point year and has since gotten better so I feel safe to say that he can hit 60. But we can call him a 58 point player if that’s what you want.

Reactions: coastal

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Trouba is Pittsburgh bound.

But this is what might happen.

Winnipeg:
Ristolainen

Buffalo:
2nd 2019
3rd 2020
Eric Comrie

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Well if you read the title and the OP of this thread again, then apparently the exact opposite seems to be the case.

Reactions: Hellinator

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
If you watched a single Lightning game this year you would know that Palat has regressed and is basically useless at this point. Just because we had a lot of wins doesn’t mean Cooper made perfect lineup decisions.

Miller has a 56 and a 58 point year and has since gotten better so I feel safe to say that he can hit 60. But we can call him a 58 point player if that’s what you want.
I watched several Lightning games in the regular season and the playoffs and yes it looks like Palat's offensive game has really dried up. He's still a better two way player than Miller which is likely why Miller was pushed down the depth chart. It's not all that surprising a coach leans on that type of player more. If Miller has "gotten better" Cooper sure has gotten the memo. Again I think Miller is a servicable 2nd liner. I'd aim higher if I'm moving a 24 year old defenseman that's had 4 straight 40+ point seasons. You like Miller that's great. Keep him. Trade someone like Gourde instead. Personally I'd find him more appealing anyhow.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
How far off would Adam Larsson be straight up?

Pretty far. Even if you want to imagine that Ristolainen is only useful on one half of the ice, well, so is Larsson. But the thing is Risto actually consistently contributes on his end and has been a top 30 point producer among NHL D for each of the last 4 seasons. Was Larsson even one the Oilers best 4 D last season?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
off topic, but I am curious

Pittsburgh will look to build their D-core, Trouba is available, gotta think they'll go after him to improve their team because I imagine they'll want to make the playoffs for 5-10 seasons before Crosby and Malkin hang them up (whenever that is anyway). Plus he wants to play in America.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Pittsburgh will look to build their D-core, Trouba is available, gotta think they'll go after him to improve their team because I imagine they'll want to make the playoffs for 5-10 seasons before Crosby and Malkin hang them up (whenever that is anyway). Plus he wants to play in America.
Nice, but what's that got to do with Risto?
Risto for Trouba.

Reactions: Weiss1604

93oilerfan93

Apr 2, 2018
some people have mentioned it but i wouldn't be shocked if the oilers are involved and Adam Larsson is a piece, there were some tough times this year with larsson and might lead to a trade

i think the contacted Buffalo last year about him and with dahlin being the star dman in Buffalo you need to surround him with the proper players

Adam Larsson is a fellow Swede, former high pick and more defensive guy who will help Dahlin get to the next level, they can relate alot to each other which would be enticing for Buffalo

Dahlin-Larsson
Scandella-Mountor
X-Bogosion

From an Oilers standpoint Risto will be playing with one guy and one guy only that'll help him get his career back on track
Andrej Sekera, Sekera is notorious with making the other guy he plays with better ex. benning,russel

Klefbom-X
Sekera-Risto
Nurse-Jones

for the X- theres Russel, Benning, bouchard, persson, bear, lagesson or maybe go into the UFA market a couple players jump out Anton Stralman and Brayden Coburn

Stralman could be a good replacement for Larsson until Bouchard is ready and Stralman will more than likely only give you 60 games so you can play Joel Persson and Ethan Bear and give those two puck movers some games in the NHL, not to mention your playing the Oscar Klefbom so they'll be in good hands, also creates a more mobile offensive defence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad