Rasmus Ristolainen battle with Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownies

I’m fit enough and haven’t had any notable health issues in my life, but I’ve always had the toughest time getting rid of viruses. Don’t want this to turn into anything political etc but these stories remind me why I’m going to take that vaccine as soon as I can to let my immune system know a bit about that damn Covid.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
I would almost guarantee even as of yesterday’s game he’s still feeling it, especially since his were severe symptoms. My boss got it who is a total excercise health freak about 2 months ago and missed a month of work with crazy lingering symptoms and even brain inflammation for awhile

How in the world could you possibly guarantee this?

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Buffalo didn’t withhold anything other than what the league mandated (as in the team can’t announce Player X contracted Covid, but Player X is free to announce it). Everyone knew who may or may not have contracted it. That’s why some players were back earlier than others.

Doesn't matter, RR is in the article blaming NHL for contracting him with COVID. That game should have not happened.

edit: And he is not blaming buffalo in any way. The blames the NHL.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Just want to point out that this is not true and research does not echo this posters sentiment. Continue to take appropriate precautions.
I think one of Sweden's biggest emergency hospitals Danderyd Hospital, the University of Uppsala, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, SciLifeLab and The Swedish Public Health Agency knows this stuff better than you.

Press - Danderyds sjukhus

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
I think one of Sweden's biggest emergency hospitals Danderyd Hospital, the University of Uppsala, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, SciLifeLab and The Swedish Public Health Agency knows this stuff better than you.

Well that’s just one of many studies. Another study showed that your antibodies might strengthen if you are exposed to people with ongoing covid infections. Working in a hospital exposes you to covid like no other place.

I had covid in April and still had antibodies in November while two co-workers had it in May and their antibodies were gone in September, so it differs. You are in no way guaranteed immunity for 9 months even though that particular study looks promising.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015

I'm a physician affiliated with the University of Toronto that has actively treated COVID since the beginning of the pandemic in Toronto. It's my job to be informed on these things.

Regardless, some reading for you to do:

Duggan, N. M., Ludy, S. M., Shannon, B. C., Reisner, A. T., & Wilcox, S. R. (2021). Is novel coronavirus 2019 reinfection possible? Interpreting dynamic SARS-CoV-2 test results. American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 39, 256.e1-256.e3. Redirecting

Elberry, M. H., & Ahmed, H. (2020). Occult SARS-CoV-2 infection; a possible hypothesis for viral relapse. Medical Hypotheses, 144, N.PAG. Redirecting

Lafaie, L., Célarier, T., Goethals, L., Pozzetto, B., Grange, S., Ojardias, E., Annweiler, C., & Botelho, N. E. (2020). Recurrence or Relapse of COVID‐19 in Older Patients: A Description of Three Cases. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 68(10), 2179–2183. Error - Cookies Turned Off

Sabino, E. C., Buss, L. F., Carvalho, M. P. S., Prete, C. A., Crispim, M. A. E., Fraiji, N. A., Pereira, R. H. M., Parag, K. V., da Silva Peixoto, P., Kraemer, M. U. G., Oikawa, M. K., Salomon, T., Cucunuba, Z. M., Castro, M. C., de Souza Santos, A. A., Nascimento, V. H., Pereira, H. S., Ferguson, N. M., Pybus, O. G., & Kucharski, A. (2021). Resurgence of COVID-19 in Manaus, Brazil, despite high seroprevalence. Lancet, 397 North American Edition(10273), 452–455. Redirecting

Tillett, R. L., Sevinsky, J. R., Hartley, P. D., Kerwin, H., Crawford, N., Gorzalski, A., Laverdure, C., Verma, S. C., Rossetto, C. C., Jackson, D., Farrell, M. J., Van Hooser, S., & Pandori, M. (2021). Genomic evidence for reinfection with SARS-CoV-2: a case study. Lancet Infectious Diseases, 21(1), 52–58. Redirecting

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016
Why would they suit him up with lingering symptoms? Or why would he come back with them?
Because he's a pro, and if he's not still carrying it and feels like he can play then he will as most guys want to be out there. I mean players play through injuries or sickness all the time, you can be fatigued, have brain fog and still be able to get it together for 20 minutes or so on game night. Why do the tons of other people with lingering symptoms go back to work? They have to work, maybe he feels totally fine, idk im just saying in the cases I've seen where they had it bad they generally took quite awhile to feel normal

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
I'm a physician affiliated with the University of Toronto that has actively treated COVID since the beginning of the pandemic in Toronto. It's my job to be informed on these things.
You're obviously not well informed.

Duggan, N. M., Ludy, S. M., Shannon, B. C., Reisner, A. T., & Wilcox, S. R. (2021). Is novel coronavirus 2019 reinfection possible? Interpreting dynamic SARS-CoV-2 test results. American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 39, 256.e1-256.e3. Redirecting

Elberry, M. H., & Ahmed, H. (2020). Occult SARS-CoV-2 infection; a possible hypothesis for viral relapse. Medical Hypotheses, 144, N.PAG. Redirecting

Lafaie, L., Célarier, T., Goethals, L., Pozzetto, B., Grange, S., Ojardias, E., Annweiler, C., & Botelho, N. E. (2020). Recurrence or Relapse of COVID‐19 in Older Patients: A Description of Three Cases. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 68(10), 2179–2183. Error - Cookies Turned Off

Sabino, E. C., Buss, L. F., Carvalho, M. P. S., Prete, C. A., Crispim, M. A. E., Fraiji, N. A., Pereira, R. H. M., Parag, K. V., da Silva Peixoto, P., Kraemer, M. U. G., Oikawa, M. K., Salomon, T., Cucunuba, Z. M., Castro, M. C., de Souza Santos, A. A., Nascimento, V. H., Pereira, H. S., Ferguson, N. M., Pybus, O. G., & Kucharski, A. (2021). Resurgence of COVID-19 in Manaus, Brazil, despite high seroprevalence. Lancet, 397 North American Edition(10273), 452–455. Redirecting

Tillett, R. L., Sevinsky, J. R., Hartley, P. D., Kerwin, H., Crawford, N., Gorzalski, A., Laverdure, C., Verma, S. C., Rossetto, C. C., Jackson, D., Farrell, M. J., Van Hooser, S., & Pandori, M. (2021). Genomic evidence for reinfection with SARS-CoV-2: a case study. Lancet Infectious Diseases, 21(1), 52–58. Redirecting
Why would I ever read anything coming out of North America?
''hypothesis''
''one patient''
''three cases''

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Because he's a pro, and if he's not still carrying it and feels like he can play then he will as most guys want to be out there. I mean players play through injuries or sickness all the time, you can be fatigued, have brain fog and still be able to get it together for 20 minutes or so on game night. Why do the tons of other people with lingering symptoms go back to work? They have to work, maybe he feels totally fine, idk im just saying in the cases I've seen where they had it bad they generally took quite awhile to feel normal

You're grasping. He's not an ordinary person and he wasn't going back to work till he was healed. I don't need to be an occupational therapist to know this. If he's slowed, it's probably getting back into game shape lol.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
You're obviously not well informed.

Why would I ever read anything coming out of North America?
''hypothesis''
''one patient''
''three cases''

You made a bold claim that could have negative consequences on someone’s health. I provided sources from well-respected journals that counters your claim.

You can continue to live in denial but don’t spread misinformation.

Last edited:

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Apparently the cytokine storm can be really bad for people who are in good shape.

This is why as frustrated as I am with Zibanejads play I’m not getting too crazy about it. These are world class athletes, but they’re still human beings.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013

I doubt that you actually work in the university if you post a list like this. Bolded some hints for you if you forgot the pyramid.

The KI study is also only about the antibodies, not about reinfection. The cohort is 400, which is not enough but it is clearly more than 3. Post the meta if you have one.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
I doubt that you actually work in the university if you post a list like this. Bolded some hints for you if you forgot the pyramid.

The KI study is also only about the antibodies, not about reinfection. The cohort is 400, which is not enough but it is clearly more than 3. Post the meta if you have one.

This was a three minute search on a well known database to call out the misinformation by the initial poster. There's enough evidence out there for people to judge for themselves.

I don't work for the university BTW, I'm PGY4 in a surgical specialty that was diverted to COVID through the pandemic.

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016
You're grasping. He's not an ordinary person and he wasn't going back to work till he was healed. I don't need to be an occupational therapist to know this. If he's slowed, it's probably getting back into game shape lol.
What do you mean he’s not ordinary? He got it didn’t he? I know tons of ordinary people that didn’t, what’s that say? Your arguing over nothing, I said originally I bet he most likely still feels some effects if it was severe, that’s it. You don’t need to be an occupational therapist no but clearly you don’t have any understanding of it. Just because he’s an athlete does not mean he can or will get over a sickness faster, in fact it’s the opposite. Look it up, athletes are actually more prone to getting sick because of the stress they put on their body

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
What do you mean he’s not ordinary? He got it didn’t he? I know tons of ordinary people that didn’t, what’s that say? Your arguing over nothing, I said originally I bet he most likely still feels some effects if it was severe, that’s it. You don’t need to be an occupational therapist no but clearly you don’t have any understanding of it. Just because he’s an athlete does not mean he can or will get over a sickness faster, in fact it’s the opposite. Look it up, athletes are actually more prone to getting sick because of the stress they put on their body

He's not ordinary in that he won't be forced back to work suffering from long term effects. You know what i mean, you made a stupid argument and now you're wiggling. Teams aren't putting guys with damaged bodies out there lol. Guys are lagging because they're not in game shape after being off with Covid. I'm not a Covid denier or a covid panic freak, but I have enough common sense to understand this much lol. You've got to build stamina champ, it doesn't just show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad