Rasmus Ristolainen battle with Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Even if the recovery rate is 99.7%, a league with around 700 players means 3 players won't make a full recovery.

How many fans would be okay if those 3 players were stars or top prospects from their favorite team?

Not directed at you, of course. It is awful. But many people have been flippant about the recovery rate making it like it's nothing to worry about.

This is only true if every person is affected in the exact same way, but we know that it affects the elderly, immune compromised and out-of-shape people much more than conditioned athletes.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Yeah, and everybody and their aunt believed Anders Tegnell, the leading Swedish authority, too, and how'd that go?

I trust him more than Neil Ferguson of the UK and can't-get-his-story-straight Fauci. Sweden has lower case rate than the US, Czech Republic, Israel, Portugal, Spain, and Belgium (and is roughly equal to Switzerland and the Netherlands). Sweden has better results than many countries which had strict lockdowns.

Reactions: HBK27

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
I trust him more than Neil Ferguson of the UK and can't-get-his-story-straight Fauci. Sweden has lower case rate than the US, Czech Republic, Israel, Portugal, Spain, and Belgium (and is roughly equal to Switzerland and the Netherlands). Sweden has better results than many countries which had strict lockdowns.

Sure, trust him all you want. However, the man was wrong on multiple occasions. To add insult to injury, he was also quite condescending and arrogant in his commentary during the several early months of the pandemic. Not a good combination.

Reactions: BillDineen

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I was really under the impression he was cooked. Seems miraculous to see him out on the ice again in such short order.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Hope he gets better. It been crazy watching the level Matthews reached in the playoffs and thus far this season after he had Covid.

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016
He's not ordinary in that he won't be forced back to work suffering from long term effects. You know what i mean, you made a stupid argument and now you're wiggling. Teams aren't putting guys with damaged bodies out there lol. Guys are lagging because they're not in game shape after being off with Covid. I'm not a Covid denier or a covid panic freak, but I have enough common sense to understand this much lol. You've got to build stamina champ, it doesn't just show up.
No bud...you just have no argument. How would I or anyone know what you meant by hes not normal. Not his circumstances or anything just he who in the English language would refer to Risto, its not like it was something that could have been misinterpreted you just didn't convey your point right at all. I made no argument, I said based on what I've seen i would bet he doesn't feel 100%....and you argued like i claimed that as fact. Your argument was dumb because you created something from nothing. I have nothing to wiggle about, im still not defending my original argument even as I haven't had to because you have circled around it

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This thread got way off topic. If you guys want to continue this off topic discussion, you'll need to take it to the COVID forum where there are threads for these various discussions already.

Closed

Reactions: OysterForever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad