Rasmus Dahlin Vs Elias Pettersson going forward?

Which player do you take going forward and why?

• Neutral fan take Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 196 39.2%
  • Buffalo fan take Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 45 9.0%
  • Buffalo fan take Elias Pettersson

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Neutral fan take Elias Pettersson

Votes: 150 30.0%
  • Vancouver fan take Elias Pettersson

Votes: 97 19.4%
  • Vancouver fan take Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 9 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Makar and Fox are the only defensemen better than him in the league
Dahlin was one of the worst defenders in the NHL from 2020-2022. Yes coaching was a significant factor, but let’s not pretend Dahlin was this good defender since he stepped into the league.

His defensive game still has a lot left to be desired. He had a very weak 2nd half to last season and regressed to career norms. I’d have to see at least another season of relatively good defensive play before he’s up there with the likes of Makar/Josi/Hedman etc.

I wouldn’t put him above McAvoy or Hughes. McAvoy is one of the best two way defenseman in the game and has elite hockey sense and IQ that is far more higher than Dahlin’s. Hughes has shown despite that awful year during the bubble year, that he’s able to carry his defensive partners and be a positive contributor on a bottom 5 defensive core, while also being near PPG, averaging about 25-28 minutes a night, while tasked with the most difficult match ups.

Reactions: FOurteenS inCisOr

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Dahlin was one of the worst defenders in the NHL from 2020-2022. Yes coaching was a significant factor, but let’s not pretend Dahlin was this good defender since he stepped into the league.

His defensive game still has a lot left to be desired.
He had a very weak 2nd half to last season and regressed to career norms. I’d have to see at least another season of relatively good defensive play before he’s up there with the likes of Makar/Josi/Hedman etc.

I wouldn’t put him above McAvoy or Hughes. McAvoy is one of the best two way defenseman in the game. Hughes has shown despite that awful year during the bubble year, that he’s able to carry his defensive partners and be a positive contributor on a bottom 5 defensive core, while also being near PPG, averaging about 25-28 minutes a night.
Just talking straight nonsense lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino