Rasmus Dahlin Vs Elias Pettersson going forward?

Which player do you take going forward and why?

• Neutral fan take Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 196 39.2%
  • Buffalo fan take Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 45 9.0%
  • Buffalo fan take Elias Pettersson

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Neutral fan take Elias Pettersson

Votes: 150 30.0%
  • Vancouver fan take Elias Pettersson

Votes: 97 19.4%
  • Vancouver fan take Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 9 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
canucks take petey

i don't think our team is good enough to draft and develop 1Cs without a top 5 pick

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I'm going to be very interested to hear the responses.

Because a shit ton of people were saying things along the lines of "who gives a f*** he hasn't proven himself in the NHL yet" when he was destroying the SHL.

He's clearly the safer pick at the moment and my main concern with him, his ability to play center at the NHL level, is no longer an issue.

Picking Dahlin is perfectly reasonable but I'd like to think that there won't be a bunch of morons acting like it isn't even close.

Last edited:

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Why is this a poll? Depends on the team, if you need D you take Dahlin, if you need a C you take Pettersson. Polls comparing players playing different positions are silly.

Just pretend that you're a first year expansion team, and now it's your turn to pick, and these two are available. That's usually what a poll like this is trying to get at.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
On the Oilers im torn.
Our 2ndary scoring is trash and Petterson next to Draisaitl would be the best 2nd line in the NHL.
Klefbom, Larsson, Nurse and Bouchard make a decent top4.

Cant decide but my gut says Dahlin.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Neutral Swedish fan. What might make me pick Pettersson is the fact that Sweden already are so good on D, but if I look away from all of that I take Dahlin

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
D-take longer to develop. Pettersson is a year and a half older and a forward so I'd expect him to look better out of the gate. I still think dahlin will be that franchise D-man so I'd go with him even though Pettersson's recent play is making that decision a lot tougher. I'm loving Pettersson on my fantasy team at the moment tho.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Tough one. I'm gonna pick the center though if it's between a franchise level D or a franchise level C. I do think Dahlin is going to be an absolute stud in a few seasons.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
you can't draft D like @Tryamkin

pathetic virtue signaling post, of course you break the stalemate

Stop being a clown for once, Dahlin is a generational talent. People are gonna look bad at some of posts and regret making them, I love Pettersson but Dahlin is one of the few guys I’d take over him going forward.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Stop being a clown for once, Dahlin is a generational talent. People are gonna look bad at some of posts and regret making them, I love Pettersson but Dahlin is one of the few guys I’d take over him going forward.

fine I'll take Heiskanen

might as well go back to pre draft analysis where I put him #1

Karlsson Chabot McAvoy proves dmen have different trajectory than pre draft hype. Dahlin no doubt will be an elite D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad