Rasmus Dahlin Vs Elias Pettersson going forward?

Which player do you take going forward and why?

• Neutral fan take Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 196 39.2%
  • Buffalo fan take Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 45 9.0%
  • Buffalo fan take Elias Pettersson

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Neutral fan take Elias Pettersson

Votes: 150 30.0%
  • Vancouver fan take Elias Pettersson

Votes: 97 19.4%
  • Vancouver fan take Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 9 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Sabres fan saying Dahlin, he's already our best defenseman.

Pettersson is unreal though, and he was awesome to watch last night. Vancouver deserves a good team with star players again. I think Boeser and Pettersson together is going to be an absolute nightmare for years to come.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
This is a very good poll. Taking EP as of now.

Wish we had someone like Dahlin in our system. Dahlin-Hughes duo would be a fantastic top pairing for years to come.

McKappa

philip bruhberg
Oct 16, 2011
Edmonton
I'm taking Dahlin for the Oilers, but in general I think I might take Pettersson just because center > dman

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
For Team Sweden I go with Pettersson in a heartbeat, I'm getting a bit tired of all these d-men and it's refreshing to have a young potential superstar forward again. It's probably the same thing Finns feel about Heiskanen, but in reverse.

If I'm building a new NHL team from scratch I go with Dahlin though.

Last edited:
Reactions: ehhedler

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Is Dahlin living up to expectations so far? Only watched the Sabres once.

Mar 26, 2010
Dahlin easily. Not even debatable.

Pettersson will fall off...he also can not take a hit.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Pettersson for me. A bit of a homer vote because Dahlin looks incredible as well but gotta go with the potential franchise center.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Can I vote for "let them play 20 games first"?

But it's hard to vote against someone shooting 40%

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
EP40 EZ, you always take the franchice centerman. we got a guy who i think will just be as impressive as Dahlin (not a knock on Rasmus) in Quinn Hughes.

Reactions: Vohaul

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
If you don't have a franchise center, it's the sexiest acquisition. When you actually have forward star power, you realize you need a franchise D man to get to the next level. Enjoy your short lived stiffy, Van Fan.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
If you don't have a franchise center, it's the sexiest acquisition. When you actually have forward star power, you realize you need a franchise D man to get to the next level. Enjoy your short lived stiffy, Van Fan.

we'll draft a johansen and trade him to nashville for the next seth jones

edit: after regime change otherwise we might be taking a bogosian and sbisa back

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
And prove my point in the meantime...

you need a 1C and a 1D to win a cup yes

sabres haven't done that and has a long way to go still. Canucks also haven't had sub 30 wins like the sabres did in b2b years. That doesn't help but with Benning's help and 20m spent on bottom 6 forwards we are trying our best

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
you need a 1C and a 1D to win a cup yes

sabres haven't done that and has a long way to go still. Canucks also haven't had sub 30 wins like the sabres did in b2b years. That doesn't help but with Benning's help and 20m spent on bottom 6 forwards we are trying our best
Yeah who cares. That doesn't address the point I made. Keep up.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia

who was the 1D of the 2017 penguins

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
who was the 1D of the 2017 penguins
Is that all you got? Ok you win, if you have 2 generational centers you may get to the next level without a top D man...in that case Van is at least two players behind. Put that to bed for a reason to not acquire a top D man.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
shouldn't you be arriving to the conclusion that there's no magical formula and that you probably just need a shit ton of good players and some solid luck to win a cup

i've yet to see any actual significant evidence that an elite 1d holds more value than an elite 1c and people pull statements like that out of their ass way too often

the new jersey devils are the only team in recent memory (if you can even say that) that has won without an elite level 1c and the penguins are probably the only one that has won without an elite level 1d, but both obviously had a shit ton of talent elsewhere

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
shouldn't you be arriving to the conclusion that there's no magical formula and that you probably just need a **** ton of good players and some solid luck to win a cup

i've yet to see any actual significant evidence that an elite 1d holds more value than an elite 1c and people pull statements like that out of their ass way too often

the new jersey devils are the only team in recent memory (if you can even say that) that has won without an elite level 1c and the penguins are probably the only one that has won without an elite level 1d, but both obviously had a **** ton of talent elsewhere
So wouldn't that tell you that all of the rest have 1C and 1D...do I need to name every other playoff team in the last ten years to prove it, because you named two. Who's extracting enemas here. It's coming. You'll figure it out eventually that you need defense to win.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you. It sucks watching shitty hockey for a long time when you care so much. But there's a way to go and it's not just blinders. Poach some mid level D and somehow acquire some top level D and that's when things will turn around. As for this poll...its shortsighted and fanboyish.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
anyone with a brain knows you need defence to win games lmao

dumb argument
E: Are you suggesting that winning isn't the end game? If the poll was who is more fun to watch?, I might not argue, but I could. If winning is important, I'm not sure what your point is

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad