Rasmus Dahlin Vs Elias Pettersson going forward?

Which player do you take going forward and why?

• Neutral fan take Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 196 39.2%
  • Buffalo fan take Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 45 9.0%
  • Buffalo fan take Elias Pettersson

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Neutral fan take Elias Pettersson

Votes: 150 30.0%
  • Vancouver fan take Elias Pettersson

Votes: 97 19.4%
  • Vancouver fan take Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 9 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Pettersson is playing on a totally different level. Completely different level. He maybe a top 10 player by the end of the season. I cannot see Dhalin doing the same, not counting players, just simply defencemens, I don't even see him being a top 10 dman by seasons end. Also although quite impressive for an 18 year old, I think Miro Heiskenaen today has impressed me a little bit more then Dhalin. It's not to say he won't be better then Miro in a few years.

He is not a Canuck fan, absolutley not.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Neutral fan taking Pettersson AINEC
Dahlin looks awful

[mod]

Taking Pettersen is fine, dahlin has beeen lights out for buffalo this year and looks 26 most nights. A physical dman throwing monster hits, confident with the puck, plays in both ends and skates like the wind.

Pettersen should win the calder and has been better but you don’t have to completely lie about dahlin. My god.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kelly

6 Karlsson 5

Aug 9, 2012
Stop being a clown for once, Dahlin is a generational talent. People are gonna look bad at some of posts and regret making them, I love Pettersson but Dahlin is one of the few guys I’d take over him going forward.
When is he going to show this generational ability?

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
[mod]

Taking Pettersen is fine, dahlin has beeen lights out for buffalo this year and looks 26 most nights. A physical dman throwing monster hits, confident with the puck, plays in both ends and skates like the wind.

Pettersen should win the calder and has been better but you don’t have to completely lie about dahlin. My god.
Check my posts I’m a diehard Rangers fan lol and Vancouver is one of my least favorite teams in the league
Since I’m a Rangers fan my first experience with dahlin was his first career game which he was invisible in, I’ll pay a closer eye to him tonight but he doesn’t seem to be living up to the hype

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
A franchise center or a franchise defenseman?
Really depends on what your team needs most.
Feels good that we ended up with EP after ‘losing’ the draft lottery once again.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm laughing at the overwhelming number of position-based responses. These are players you build franchises around, not draft to fill holes. Pettersson looks incredible so far, far ahead of Dahlin at the moment, so I'd take him for every team.

Reactions: pettersson

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Canucks fan voting Pettersson just because he's so much fun to watch.

Its a good/tough poll. Its one where you could go either way and not be wrong.

Pettersson is better than Dahlin at this moment but EP is older and defenseman take longer to develop. You can already see Dahlin's talent/ability shine through from the bit I've seen, I think he'll only get better as the season goes along.

Position aside, peak upside is basically the same for both. As far as; being potential franchise players & among the top players of this next gen. (in there respective positions)

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Pettersson looks amazing right now, but he's got a year on Dahlin... and how many times do we have to learn this lesson about defenseman needing significanlty more time to develop than forwards? Don't see it being much of a debate in a couple of years.

Reactions: dim jim

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Dahlin, and not because I'm a Sabres fan, but because defensemen of his caliber are so much more difficult to acquire.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Hmmm as a Canucks fan you have to imagine how happy we are that Pettersson is even being compared to Dahlin who most experts say will be a generational talent. I initially voted Pettersson, but maybe should have been Dahlin. The arguments in this thread are pretty good and is true sometimes d will take a lil longer to truly emerge, add the fact that Buffalo fans already saying Dahlin is their #1 dman. Maybe is still to early and if Pettersson just keeps on destroying the league like this then maybe is true

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Ask me next year when Dahlin has an extra year of development . I love EP, but Dahlin is doing things that you cant teach, the rest will come shortly. He will be amazing and he is 18. Plenty of 18 yo forwards come in and produce in the NHL lately, how many D?

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
I wish the poll would have been public. I have a hard time believing there are that many neutral fans voting Pettersson.
There are 58 canucks fans voting pettersson already?

I cant vote but I'm a canucks fan voting pettersson, his skillset he's displayed so far has got me hooked.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
[mod]

Neutral fan here as well and Dahlin really hasn’t looked good at all. I will admit Ive only seen 3 games of his but from what I’ve seen, not terrible or anything but not as good as you’re saying he’s been. He’ll come around for sure though, dmen just take longer to develop

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I`m taking Pettersson, but could go both ways. I`m just so impressed with the kid. I was choosing between Dahlin and Heiskanen and then this Pettersson kid walked in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->