Rasmus Dahlin Vs Adam Fox going forward?

Which defenceman do you take going forward?

• Total voters

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
This year Dahlin looks like the next Erik Johnson. He probably won’t be but still, he has stunk this year. His game would be better suited on some other teams in NHL where he would excel but does that mean he’s great? He has a lot to prove going forward.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Dahlin is the second highest scoring teenage defenseman in NHL history. He is playing at a point per game pace on a horrendous team since Krueger got fired with defensive chops playing against the other teams top players and getting top minutes. Restrictive coaching and playing in a system that did not allow any creative freedom was genuinely almost the only reason he wasn't performing at the level expected. He is a generational talent and played like that in his first two NHL seasons. I do think he will be a tier above the other 3 elite young defensemen in Hughes, Makar and Fox going forward (I say that as a Rangers fan). I would take him over any NHL player not named McDavid going forward.

Last edited:

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Dahlin looks like I expected him to be. That is a significantly better version of Brian Campbell. Granato is actually allowing him to play that way, while Krueger did stupid shit like benching him after starting last season with 7 points in 4 games (he wasn't playing the broken system)

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
If Dahlin hits his potential, he'll almost be as good as Fox is right now.

I don't doubt he can match and even exceed Fox's offensive output, but he'll never be able to control the game defensively like Fox.

If Dahlin hits his potential this really is him very easily what are you saying.

Dahlin's potential is in a class of it's own.

Never change HF posters....never change.

Says the one who posted these lol

This is classic HF though with the amount of Fox ainec posts.

Absurd that anyone would vote Dahlin.
Dahlin dreams of becoming Adam Fox when he grows up.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
If Dahlin hits his potential this really is him very easily what are you saying.

Fox is already in a class of his own

Reactions: Lua

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Forrest through trees view. Long term outlook. Dahlin has the potential to be Pronger like.

I have no problem with somebody saying Dahlin. His potential is insane. But the AINEC added to it makes no sense.

I mean Fox is great defensively and has 43 P in 47 games this season playing some of the toughest minutes. What the hell are people expecting Dahlin to be? Bobby Orr?

Last edited:

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
People are speaking of Dahlin's ceiling, which could be a Norris caliber defenseman, but ignore that Fox is already playing like one. Until and if Dahlin hits it, its unwise to not pick Fox here.

Reactions: ello and leafsfan5

The S5

Jul 27, 2017

You bet and they are even more true today after Fox showed the Sabres who is the boss.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So he will sweep the Norris this season?

I mean actually above every single one of his peers without question, by a noticeable margin.
He won't, no, but he should.

I don't think there's an argument for another guy being the best defenseman in the league this season.

But the Norris is never about this season.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019

HFBoards .. where somehow both Dahlin and Seider are generational, multiple Norris winning capable defenseman each in a class of their own (in addition to Makar of course-who offensively might actually have a case). Generations must be getting shorter.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Fox is amazing. So this is like the ultimate troll poll. Because over the last month, it's pretty obvious why people are so high on Dahlin. Kreuger didn't let Dahlin play AT ALL. So he legit wasn't good (which most Sabres fans didn't even think was possible). But as soon as Kreuger was gone, he turns into a complete stud. The last 30 days or so, he's had:

13 games
11 points
23 min/game
51.1 CF%
53.4 SF%
57.9 GF%
51.2 xGF%
54.7% HDCF%

....ON THE BUFFALO SABRES. Imagine if the Sabres PP wasn't complete trash right now. He'd have a bunch more points since he's nuts on the PP. Watching him, he's been completely bossing games. He's been solid defensively and crazy good on the puck. There's a good chance he competes for the Norris next season IMO.

There's legit reason to like him more than Fox for the future. But Fox is already great , so if you don't watch Dahlin all the time, your first thought would be to call everybody talking up Dahlin stupid. It's not that Fox isn't great lol. Nobody is saying that.

Reactions: GOALOFSSON

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad