Rasmus Dahlin Vs Adam Fox going forward?

Which defenceman do you take going forward?

• Total voters

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Good poll

I’ll go with Dahlin. He’s being really underrated this season because of the team he plays for and how terrible and toxic they are.

This is a guy that scored at a 0.5 point per game clip as a 17 year old in the SEL, then followed it up by putting up 44 points in his 18 year old rookie year, and 40 points in 59 games in his 19 year old sophomore season. I think people forget all of this.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
You don't go with a mystery box when you can take a 23 year old d-man who'll at worst be a Norris finalist.

Reactions: Holocene

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Still easily Dahlin. 2 years younger, stuck in a horrible situation. If their team situations were reversed I think this poll would be 100% Dahlin and closed within minutes.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Good poll

I’ll go with Dahlin. He’s being really underrated this season because of the team he plays for and how terrible and toxic they are.

This is a guy that scored at a 0.5 point per game clip as a 17 year old in the SEL, then followed it up by putting up 44 points in his 18 year old rookie year, and 40 points in 59 games in his 19 year old sophomore season. I think people forget all of this.
Or people forget that Dahlin isn’t remotely close to Fox defensively. Could he be? One day but currently it’s not close.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Or people forget that Dahlin isn’t remotely close to Fox defensively. Could he be? One day but currently it’s not close.
Dahlin has issues defensively but this is still a bit like selecting Letang over Hedman in 2012. Yeah, Letang is damn good and all. But over the course of 10 years it's just extremely unlikely that we don't start seeing Dahlin turn into the player he obviously has potential to be.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Dahlin has issues defensively but this is still a bit like selecting Letang over Hedman in 2012. Yeah, Letang is damn good and all. But over the course of 10 years it's just extremely unlikely that we don't start seeing Dahlin turn into the player he obviously has potential to be.
I’m merely commenting on a poster that is using prior point totals to say Dahlin > Fox, like people forgot how much hype Dahlin has/had. We don’t know for sure what either of them will continue to develop into but we do know they’re both young so they’re both not finished products. We also know Fox is excelling on both ends of the ice which is why comparing point totals is odd to me.

keglu

Jul 11, 2014

Adam Fox is competing with prime Hedman for Norris trophy as 23 years old. Letang was 30 points player at that age.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I’m merely commenting on a poster that is using prior point totals to say Dahlin > Fox, like people forgot how much hype Dahlin has/had. We don’t know for sure what either of them will continue to develop into but we do know they’re both young so they’re both not finished products. We also know Fox is excelling on both ends of the ice which is why comparing point totals is odd to me.

I think it's pretty close, and wasn't trying to say Dahlin > Fox because of points. Fox is having a fantastic season on both sides of the puck.

I just think Dahlin is a bit underrated on here because of this season, where nobody is having any ounce of success in Buffalo this season. Dahlin has been doing incredible things since his 16 y/o season in Frolunda, and has two great 18 and 19 y/o seasons in the NHL.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm going Dahlin here as well, but it doesn't matter what he did as a teenager before he got to the NHL lol. No one cares and it's irrelevant. I'm picking purely based on potential too cause obviously Fox is better right now

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I've been a massive Dahlin supporters since he was drafted and I still think he has huge potential.

That being said, what's his upside, realistically? Norris-level?

Fox is there.

Reactions: bleedblue94 and LGB

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Adam Fox is competing with prime Hedman for Norris trophy as 23 years old. Letang was 30 points player at that age.
Letang was a 50 point player at 23.

I've been a massive Dahlin supporters since he was drafted and I still think he has huge potential.

That being said, what's his upside, realistically? Norris-level?

Fox is there.
Fox is there for 40 games during a shortened and nothing-like-normal season.

Last edited:

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
How on earth is Dahlin winning ? Fox is proving to be an elite #1D, Dahlin has been awful so far.

You need more than just a little over half a season to say someone is elite or awful. Obviously Fox is better right now but Dahlin is younger, plays in a tirefire, and has outplayed Fox the two years prior to this.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
A 21 year old playing on a disaster of a team vs a 23 year old playing on a decent team. Not really a fair poll.
I went Dahlin as I think he ends up the better all round player when all is said and done. People tend to be too impatient with these young highly touted players, especially on D.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad