Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
We just signed his teammate. And another swede D. And have Nylander and Ullmark (and Lehner) and Larsson under contract. And Asplund and Davidsson’s rights.

Pr for the Sabres in Sweden?

We are Sweden.
Well put but Dahlin is a different animal altogether. Just wondering if there was any buzz over there about the lottery.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Anything leeking out of the Dahlin camp about his reaction? And could he hypothetically pull a Manning/Elway and sign with Frolunda again and delay his nhl debut? Not that he would but Larsson talking trash and Josephson bolting is not good pr for the Sabres in Sweden.

what trash was Larsson talking? I mist habe missed that. Honestly players on bad teams need to do damage control, if you're Johan Larsson you're worried about getting another NHL contract, good players don't have those problems.

If anyone was gonna go the holdout route it would have been McDavid, but from all signs it seems he now loves it in Edmonton. These are just kids who are getting the chance to live their dream. If you were 18 years old and about to be a millionaire doing something you've wanted to do your entire life would you put it on the back burner because some mediocre players said they had a bad time?

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I believed all along. Thank F that Arizona got the shit together and left us last. Next season with this stud and Mittelstadt we will be in playoff contention again.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
what trash was Larsson talking? I must have missed that. Honestly players on bad teams need to do damage control, if you're Johan Larsson you're worried about getting another NHL contract, good players don't have those problems.

If anyone was gonna go the holdout route it would have been McDavid, but from all signs it seems he now loves it in Edmonton. These are just kids who are getting the chance to live their dream. If you were 18 years old and about to be a millionaire doing something you've wanted to do your entire life would you put it on the back burner because some mediocre players said they had a bad time?
Same, I am really curious now.

Reactions: HaNotsri

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
2018 1st overall, for Hanafin, 2018 2nd overall, 2019 unprotected first rounder.

Would you do it?
If Carolina, who probably needs Svechnikov more than they need Dahlin, were to offer this they'd obviously have a reason to and that reason would probably be that Dahlin is just that good, so no of course not.
There are absolutely no realistic offers I would entertain for Dahlin and not that many unrealistic ones.

Reactions: Rasmi

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Same, I am really curious now.
*maybe move this and other Johan speculation to roster thread? Sorry*

FAKE NEWS
Johan Larsson öppnar för flytt: "Jag är i alla fall väldigt trött på situationen"

In this article they change his quote from the local Gotland newspaper: ”We’ll see if they want me to stay. I like it in Buffalo and I want to play there.” To ”We’ll see if they’ll have me, at least I’m very tired of the situation”.
My translation is a bit rough but they have changed his wuote into something completely different than the source material.

And then they use the last part of the fake quote as a headline.

Original interview: Johan Larsson vill till VM

”Johan Larsson wants to play in the WC”

There are some ”we need to be better” quotes in there as well but I won’t bother to translate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainshot

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
From swedish sportbladet.se, article about us winning the pick.
Quote on Buffalo from Tellqvist:
”Buffalo? It can either be grey, terribly grey or so *** grey that you can’t believe it is true.”

The article continues:
But Rasmus isn’t crossing the atalantique as a tourist or to enjoy spectacular surroundings.
He’s going to play hockey in the mighty Keybank Center in front of the Untied States most loyal and passionate fans.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
We just signed his teammate. And another swede D. And have Nylander and Ullmark (and Lehner) and Larsson under contract. And Asplund and Davidsson’s rights.

Pr for the Sabres in Sweden?

We are Sweden.
Hey, they just gotta change the blue and gold of Sweden to the blue and gold of Buffalo

Reactions: Ace

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
we are 10 mins from a wonder of the world, he can do some sightseeing as well. Though I recommend the Canadian side if you don't like crack.
The guy writing the article weighs 250+ pounds, is stationed in New York and loves ”The King”.
I say we focus on the most passionate US fans part.

Reactions: Wisent42

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
I'm from Gothenburg and have been following him during the season. He still have a lot to work on in his game, but which 17-year-old doesn't? I do believe you'll see him in Buffalo next season. He has been playing with men already and would develop better playing in the NHL.

He will make a lot of mistakes, but also alot of great things, just have patience. Pair him with Risto and you'll have the best d-pairing in the league within two seasons.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
so on to the questions that the main boards have just turned into leaves fans clinging to Morgan Reilly

Dahlin's ceiling, most hyped D prospect since?, expectations in year 1, Eichel + Dahlin or Matthews + Reilly and why is it Eichel and Dahlin, who has the better career Eichel, Matthews, Dahlin and why isnt it Matthews

I want to do all the prospect gloating that I wanted to do with Darnold/Rosen, with our newest Rasmus

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I have a hard time comparing.

I spent a whole season chasing McEichel. And was so releaved when it was over.

I spent two hours allowing myself to even consider this a possibility. The shocking surprise of it all...

That's what really makes this the most amazing to me.

I spent over a season obsessing about the McEichel race.

I never for a moment gave a realistic thought to the Sabres winning Dahlin. Given the odds, I just assumed it wasn't happening. I was just focusing my hopes on not falling all the way to 4.

Half the reason this is so great is because it is so unexpected. After so many lottery losses, I had girded myself to watch another one.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Let's lower your expectations guys, yes, he will be damn good, but defenseman tend to take more time to develop. I'd like to give the kid one more year in Sweden, come on he's still wearing a full cage helmet!

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Let's lower your expectations guys, yes, he will be damn good, but defenseman tend to take more time to develop. I'd like to give the kid one more year in Sweden, come on he's still wearing a full cage helmet!

I’m not expecting him to win a Norris Trophy as a rookie or anything, I know he’s going to develop over time - but let’s be real here. He’s going to be wearing a Sabres jersey on Opening Night this fall.

Suggestions that he should spend another year developing before coming over are as silly as the conversation about whether Eichel should go back to BU for his sophmore season.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I’m not expecting him to win a Norris Trophy as a rookie or anything, I know he’s going to develop over time - but let’s be real here. He’s going to be wearing a Sabres jersey on Opening Night this fall.

Suggestions that he should spend another year developing before coming over are as silly as the conversation about whether Eichel should go back to BU for his sophmore season.
Just think we might have two of the three ROY candidates :nod:

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
What silly is to compare Eichel and Dahlin. Like I said defenseman are another breed of players for me, it takes times and experiences to be a top player in NHL defensively speaking, and contrary to Eichel, if Dahlin makes the jump, he will have to handle monsters like Getzlaf, Benn and co., he's lightly near 183lbs, he needs to bulk up. A top forward can flight on the ice and prevent to be destroyed by big defensemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad