Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
His most famous goal so far, as a 16 year old...

My favorite non-goal bit of that is Frolunda's coach Ronnberg sipping on the water bottle. It's as though the Kermit tea meme came to life.

With Moulson buried can Dahlin wear #26? or do we need to mob Moulson and run him out of town for the number?

Get the pitchforks and torches. And ice cream. Lots and lots of ice cream.

I have this lingering fear that the Sabres are going to find a way to screw it up.

I'm supposed to be the pessimistic one, remember?

Some other highlight -

And of course... "How to Dangle Like Dahlin"

Reactions: EichHart

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't like the Victor Hedman comparison at all. Dahlin can do things with the puck offensively that Hedman can only dream of. Dahlin can do things with the puck that even Karlsson can't do.

This video is a year old. Look at those hands, unreal!

Agreed. Hedman is not a good comparable.

And it's not like Dahlin is a small guy -- he's 6'2" already and might add a little bit to that. He's throwing out moves that only a handful of Sabres forwards have ever been able to pull off, on top of actually throwing hits and making astute passes and generally using his feet to create space for himself and others. They've never had a guy like this. Ever. The Karlsson-Lidstrom fusion seems over the top, but really... he's amazing.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
As someone who attends probably 35 games at home a year and then some on the road and as my 2nd favorite team, this is great. This immediately starts to fill a needed role. Even If he doesn't play next season, you look at the kid and see some very dominant playing traits

Reactions: Beerz and Chainshot

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005
As someone who attends probably 35 games at home a year and then some on the road and as my 2nd favorite team, this is great. This immediately starts to fill a needed role. Even If he doesn't play next season, you look at the kid and see some very dominant playing traits
He’s playing next season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I though you were done at UB. How do you get up to B'lo so much Plams? Work?

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Wonder if he plays LD or RD here? It seems hes played on both sides but having a Dahlin/Risto pairing would be awesome.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Anything leeking out of the Dahlin camp about his reaction? And could he hypothetically pull a Manning/Elway and sign with Frolunda again and delay his nhl debut? Not that he would but Larsson talking trash and Josephson bolting is not good pr for the Sabres in Sweden.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Anything leeking out of the Dahlin camp about his reaction? And could he hypothetically pull a Manning/Elway and sign with Frolunda again and delay his nhl debut? Not that he would but Larsson talking trash and Josephson bolting is not good pr for the Sabres in Sweden.

We just signed his teammate. And another swede D. And have Nylander and Ullmark (and Lehner) and Larsson under contract. And Asplund and Davidsson’s rights.

Pr for the Sabres in Sweden?

We are Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad