Ranking Teams Prospects

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
One thing that has not been mentioned, is Oskar Lindblom.

In the Flyers voting, we have him as graduated with 23 reg+ 4 playoff games played...27 total. You guys have Pionk on your list all while playing 28 games.

So the Flyers list looks different if we were to add Hart #1, then Lindblom and maybe Sandstrom to the list you are looking at.

And then of course we still have:

Hogberg, Strome, Friedman, Lycksell, Sushko, Twarynski, Ustimenko, Bernhardt, Bunnaman, Ginning, Laberge, etc...

The NYR 3rd rounder Ragnarsson was ranked #17 in their voting. The Flyers 2nd Rd pick Ginning won't likely be a top 20 ranked guy and that doesn't include our goalies.
Ragnarsson is an infinitely better player than Ginning though.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
So, you like these guys better than
Kotkaniemi (Better than Donato)
Juulsen (Im ready to say Vaakanainen might be a bit better but hes young)
Poehling(Better than Frederic)
Oloffson (Better than Studnicka)
Nikita Scherback (Better than Forsbacka)
Jesse Ylonen (Better than Lauko.)
Cam Hillis (Better than Senyshyn)
Victor Mete (Better than Zboril)
Josh Brook (Better than Lauzon)
Cehlarik is better than anyone left, so yeah, sure.

Holy homer

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Says the Bruins fan disagreeing with me!

It’s ok. I remember Habs fans tellling me how much better their prospect pool was before the Bruins graduated Mcavoy, Debrusk, Heinen, Grzelcyk, and Kuraly in one season. I have a feeling this will be just as fun to look back at in a couple years.

Also, lol at leaving Bjork out. I’d take him over any Canadien forward prospect besides Kotkaniemi.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It’s ok. I remember Habs fans tellling me how much better their prospect pool was before the Bruins graduated Mcavoy, Debrusk, Heinen, Grzelcyk, and Kuraly in one season. I have a feeling this will be just as fun to look back at in a couple years.

Also, lol at leaving Bjork out. I’d take him over any Canadien forward prospect besides Kotkaniemi.
To be fair, the Habs kinda graduated Sergachev, Mete, Scherback, Lekhonen, Hudon in the past two years.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Reading through this thread why does this one guy keep claiming that montreal has a top 5 prospect pool.

They aren't even top 10.
I mean I can understand biases towards a team prospects but come on.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Only on HF does a team adding like 6 top 60 picks in 2 years is bottom third
Agreed. Drafting has been a big problem. Only one high end prospect just outside the top 10 on most objective lists. And no other prospects in the top 50. Pretty dismal.
Some good news though. No longer in the bottom 5 like you were last year.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Agreed. Drafting has been a big problem. Only one high end prospect just outside the top 10 on most objective lists. And no other prospects in the top 50. Pretty dismal.

Next year we should have a few entering the top 50. Guys like Primeau (should be pretty close), Brooks, Poehling (he should be in already), Ylonen, Olofsson all have a pretty good chance of cracking it with a good season.
I think most list favors players who are a bit older and player who played at the WJC20. Most good prospect don't play at the WJC20 in their draft year....
To say we are bottom 10 is as bad as saying we are top 10... we are really strong at Center and Goalie, OK at defense, Weak on the wings (easiest position to fill).

Reactions: JohnLennon

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011

Past two drafts for the Canadiens have a lot of potential though, with Poehling, Primeau, Brook, Fleury in 2017 and Kotkaniemi, Ylonen, Olofsson in 2018.

I'd say most objective lists should have both Kotkaniemi and Poehling in their top 50. But I agree with your assertion that the Habs pool likely isn't near the top of the league at this stage, though does have the potential to be much higher by this time next year. We'll see!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Poehling absolutely is in the top 50. They need some more quality pieces, which they will probably get after another awful year in the NHL, but they do have good depth.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
New Jersey is probably middle of the pack (likely 15-22). They only really have one high end prospect (Smith), but they make up for that in the sheer amount of depth that they possess. We have a very very deep pool

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00