Ranking Teams Prospects

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Next year we should have a few entering the top 50. Guys like Primeau (should be pretty close), Brooks, Poehling (he should be in already), Ylonen, Olofsson all have a pretty good chance of cracking it with a good season.
I think most list favors players who are a bit older and player who played at the WJC20. Most good prospect don't play at the WJC20 in their draft year....
To say we are bottom 10 is as bad as saying we are top 10... we are really strong at Center and Goalie, OK at defense, Weak on the wings (easiest position to fill).

I wish I was this optimistic about anything. To suggestion any team will add 5 new guys to the top 50 without making any draft picks from the 2019 draft is wild.

By average every team should have less than 2 guys in top 50, including their newest first round pick.

You're in for a rude awakening. If any of those guys get in its a huge accomplishment for each of them, and it should be celebrated. Expecting all 5 is begging to be let down.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Next year we should have a few entering the top 50. Guys like Primeau (should be pretty close), Brooks, Poehling (he should be in already), Ylonen, Olofsson all have a pretty good chance of cracking it with a good season.
I think most list favors players who are a bit older and player who played at the WJC20. Most good prospect don't play at the WJC20 in their draft year....
To say we are bottom 10 is as bad as saying we are top 10... we are really strong at Center and Goalie, OK at defense, Weak on the wings (easiest position to fill).
You do realize that other teams have prospects too, and those prospects could also have good years? In fact, other teams could have prospects with even BETTER years than Montreal’s depth prospects.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I didn’t say ~5 wings prospects will be top 50 prospects next year?

I didn't say that either... I said that these prospect all had a chance of cracking it with a good season.
But, did you know some team pick earlier then others? Some also have better scouting staff... more budget, etc. Better player development.
The prospects I name are not depth prospect... Primeau will most probably be USA number one goalie at the WJC, Olofsson Sweden's number 1-2 C, Brooks on Canada's top 4 and Ylonen on the first line.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
The Habs certainly a superior organization when it comes to scouting and development, and it's definitely not too early to call this and last draft a complete coupe.

Just look at the descriptions of these steals

"The Canadiens were pleasantly surprised to be lucky enough to select such a high-end talent like... early in the second round as the 18-year-old was projected as a possible first-rounder.

"The Canadiens were shocked to select another projected first-rounder when the team chose defenseman... with their other pick in the second. "

"Montreal has added some key offensive potential to the organizational depth chart by selecting ... in the third round and again receiving a player who considered a second rounder by many scouts."

Wait, we're not talking about the 2012 draft and Collberg, Thrower and Bozon?

What about 2013 with De La Rose, Fucale, and Lehkonen? 6 picks in two years between 33 and 64, and such a great result, why would anyone be skeptical?

Reactions: Pavels Dog

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
The Habs certainly a superior organization when it comes to scouting and development, and it's definitely not too early to call this and last draft a complete coupe.

Just look at the descriptions of these steals

"The Canadiens were pleasantly surprised to be lucky enough to select such a high-end talent like... early in the second round as the 18-year-old was projected as a possible first-rounder.

"The Canadiens were shocked to select another projected first-rounder when the team chose defenseman... with their other pick in the second. "

"Montreal has added some key offensive potential to the organizational depth chart by selecting ... in the third round and again receiving a player who considered a second rounder by many scouts."

What about 2013 with De La Rose, Fucale, and Lehkonen? 6 picks in two years between 33 and 64, and such a great result, why would anyone be skeptical?

Collberg was traded a year after being drafted for Vanek. He never played in the AHL under the Canadiens organization, so I wouldn't say that's bad player development. Bozon got very unlucky with viral meningitis which totally compromise his career... Thrower was a total flop...
2013 is still a bit early, but just having Lekhonen work out as a top 9 winger and DeLaRose as a bottom 6 center is about average for picks in the second round. Considering Fucale is a bust too...

We also picked Hudon in 2012 and Andrighetto in 2013. Both were really good picks.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
hahahahaha good one
Hart is without a doubt the top goalie prospect in the league. Petterson is very debatable at forward.

Factor in Goalies being less predictable, they're only comparable because of that. Certainly same tier. Neither of which are close to Dahlin

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
There's no consensus on the better goalie, Shestyorkin, Sorokin, Samsonov and Demko being in the same tier as Hart.

On D you have Dahlin, then Heiskanen, than the rest.

I'm not the one who said you should not consider goalies, I'm saying no GM in the entire league would take Hart before Dahlin, or even before Petterson, Heiskanen, Svechnikov, Necas and the list goes on and on.

I am a Pens fan and I love MAF. But to be completely honest a third round draft pick won one of those 3 cups, and another was split.
There absolutely is a consensus, Hart is #1

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Oh ffs Flyers fans, you have a great pool too. Carter Hart may very well be the number one goalie prospect outside the NHL, but there hasn’t been an ‘elite’ goalie prospect since Carey Price. Best in class vs best in 10 years are not comparable. And Dahlin’s been praised as best D draft prospect since Potvin, which would make it 45 years, but I digress.
Tiers:
Dahlin

Pettersson
Heiskanen
Mittelstadt
Svechnikov
Necas
Borgstrom

Hart
20 or so other players, a few of which might be Flyers.

As far as teams go:

The top tier is certainly Buffalo (until about February using old HF prospect rules), Vancouver, Carolina, Philadelphia

Next is Islanders, Ottawa, Rangers, Panthers, Blackhawks, and Probably the Lightning because their prospects are always better than everyone expects. Flames might be in here too.
No chance im putting Necas or Borgstrom ahead of Hart. The others? Sure

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Philly doesnt have a single prospect that is better than Kotkaniemi, sorry. I don't care about goalies, even though Hart is great.

I listed Vancouver as a team that has a case, so yeah.
We're talking about prospect pools aren't we?

But I'll bite. I'll probably take Hart and definitely take Frost over Kotkaniemi. Biggest reach of the draft

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We're talking about prospect pools aren't we?

But I'll bite. I'll probably take Hart and definitely take Frost over Kotkaniemi. Biggest reach of the draft
Lol... I can understand if you say Hart, I dont care about goalies but hes a good one, Frost though? Come the f*** on.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
As much as I want the Habs to fail, HFBoards really underrating the Kotk right now. Same with Tkachuk. In fact, the only Canadian teams that don't suffer from it are Winnipeg and Vancouver for whatever reason.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
As much as I want the Habs to fail, HFBoards really underrating the Kotk right now. Same with Tkachuk. In fact, the only Canadian teams that don't suffer from it are Winnipeg and Vancouver for whatever reason.
Far enough to not be a treat to leafs/sens/habs and smaller markets. Its been done over and over. Ottawa, MTL and Toronto fans are killing themselves and teams from outside are just feasting on whats left, it has always been like that.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

For 2012: Colberg netted us Vanek and Bozon had medical issues. Thrower was trash.
For 2013: Lehkonen is the best player of that round, Fucale sucks, DLR has the 2nd most games played after Lehkonen.

You could have actually used good arguments because I agree that the Habs drafting and developing is VERY questionable, but use good points.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Canucks and Sabres are 1 and 2. Then there's a gap and maybe flyers #3. Also in mix is Carolina, and islanders.

NHL farm system rankings: Best, worst prospect pipelines for 2018-19, from 1 to 31

giphy.gif

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
For 2012: Colberg netted us Vanek and Bozon had medical issues. Thrower was trash.
For 2013: Lehkonen is the best player of that round, Fucale sucks, DLR has the 2nd most games played after Lehkonen.

You could have actually used good arguments because I agree that the Habs drafting and developing is VERY questionable, but use good points.

Bust,Bust,Bust, 3rd line player, bust, 4th line player.

That was the result of the last glut of 2nd rounders the Habs had, far far less than the hype predicted. There's no reason to expect this group to yield 5 top 50 prospects and turn the team around either

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Bust,Bust,Bust, 3rd line player, bust, 4th line player.

That was the result of the last glut of 2nd rounders the Habs had, far far less than the hype predicted. There's no reason to expect this group to yield 5 top 50 prospects and turn the team around either

Our last two last top 5 pick turned into a hart winner and a 30G C, should we expect a 1C with Hart potential ? Is it that simple?

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Q Hughes and Pettersson over any Flyer prospect all day and night, The remaining prospects dont make up that gap considering a player like Gaudette is their 6th best prospect. Compared to Rubtsov who wasnt even ppg in the CHL as a 19 year old? lol wtf.

Reactions: Canucks777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->