Ranking Teams Prospects

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Q Hughes and Pettersson over any Flyer prospect all day and night, The remaining prospects dont make up that gap considering a player like Gaudette is their 6th best prospect. Compared to Rubtsov who wasnt even ppg in the CHL as a 19 year old? lol wtf.
... but ... but... some internet blogger said philly is #1!!!!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Q Hughes and Pettersson over any Flyer prospect all day and night, The remaining prospects dont make up that gap considering a player like Gaudette is their 6th best prospect. Compared to Rubtsov who wasnt even ppg in the CHL as a 19 year old? lol wtf.
I agree that Philly is too high. They are really deep, much deeper than Vancouver, but theres just no top end. Farabee and Hart are good but theyre not top 15 worthy. Really think a team cracking the top 5 should have at least one bluechip prospect, one that is preferably not a goalie

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
NHL farm system rankings: Best, worst prospect pipelines for 2018-19, from 1 to 31

giphy.gif

What a terrible list.
Their ranking of the Flames players should be enough to discredit everything else in this.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I agree that Philly is too high. They are really deep, much deeper than Vancouver, but theres just no top end. Farabee and Hart are good but theyre not top 15 worthy. Really think a team cracking the top 5 should have at least one bluechip prospect, one that is preferably not a goalie

They have a bluechipper at G, D, and F: Hart, Myers, and Frost.

And, the depth is ludicrous... The Flyers board splits goalie and skater rankings because there are so many prospects in system. No other team has 35-40 prospects worth listing and tracking to some extent

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Thanks man. I knew you would finally agree.

Watching Petterrson ragdolled all over the ice at the IIHF this year like he was playing soccer must have knocked you back to reality

Watching him flail like that...now that was hahahahah funny

do you actually think this happened or are you just being a xenophobic meathead

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
do you actually think this happened or are you just being a xenophobic meathead

I slightly exaggerated the point. But only a homer would have watched that and not seen that he couldn't stay on his feet in any type of boardplay, and needs a good summer of strength training.

He got ragdolled in international play. If you didn't see that he needs much improvement there..then you are the meathead

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I exaggerated the point. But only a meathead would have watched that and not seen that he couldn't stay on his feet in any type of boardplay, and needs a good summer of strength training.

He got ragdolled in international play. If you didn't see that he needs much improvement there..then you are the meathead

yet most importantly he still seemed to produce fine.

not to mention this was a sample size of 5 f***ing games.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
yet most importantly he still seemed to produce fine.

not to mention this was a sample size of 5 ****ing games.

5 games in which he crumbled when any player leaned on him

Production and complete game are 2 entirely different things in the NHL

Petterson is phenomenal prospect..but if you sit here and try to deny that he was not exposed at this tourney for his size and boardplay..then you are being the meathead. He was exceptionally bad at protecting the puck or showing power on the boards. It was a huge discussion to his NHL readiness throughout the tourny. Your emphasis on swearing is unnecessary cuz, as stated, his inability to stay on his feet was beyond on display, and discussed

"Most important" was not his production as you state., which wasn't even that impressive. Several observed his boardplay as an indication to him NOT being NHL ready cuz of his size, and it was a well noticed.
Unless you watched a whole different tournament..his offense wasn't overly impressive..and what became very apparent in this tourny was his inability to protect a puck on the boards or NHL size . He is young, so it's no doubt that he improves. But no need to fabricate what actually happened

Last edited:

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

And, the depth is ludicrous... The Flyers board splits goalie and skater rankings because there are so many prospects in system. No other team has 35-40 prospects worth listing and tracking to some extent

What do you consider a "blue chipper"?

What tier of prospect? Top 5 at their position? Top 10?

Reactions: Mrb1p

wankstifier

Jun 19, 2018
What do you consider a "blue chipper"?

What tier of prospect? Top 5 at their position? Top 10?

I didn't think this would be controversial. Read the phrase as "reasonable star upside"

At their positions, Hart is top 5, Myers is top ~10, and Frost is top ~15.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I didn't think this would be controversial. Read the phrase as "reasonable star upside"

At their positions, Hart is top 5, Myers is top ~10, and Frost is top ~15.

Hart i'll give you, but it's also the least valuable position for a prospect. I'd say Myers isn't a top 10 D prospect.

Off the top of my head Frost might be around 15, but being the 15th best prospect at a position doesn't make you a blue chipper.

Guess I just disagree with your description of a "blue chip prospect". For me that's the cream ofthe crop, not just guys that have an outside shot at being a star.

Reactions: Canucks777

wankstifier

Jun 19, 2018
Hart i'll give you, but it's also the least valuable position for a prospect. I'd say Myers isn't a top 10 D prospect.

Off the top of my head Frost might be around 15, but being the 15th best prospect at a position doesn't make you a blue chipper.

Okie dokie :)

Canucks777

Jun 17, 2018

No chance even half of them make the nhl. VAN has Petterson, Hughes, and Demko. Petterson and Hughes are wayyyy better than Myers and Frost. Hart is better than Demko. Depth doesn't matter when you don't have top end prospects.

wankstifier

Jun 19, 2018
No chance even half of them make the nhl. VAN has Petterson, Hughes, and Demko. Petterson and Hughes are wayyyy better than Myers and Frost. Hart is better than Demko. Depth doesn't matter when you don't have top end prospects.

I think a lot of the prospects will make it to the NHL. A bunch are pretty close already. The question, as always, is whether they'll stick in some capacity. Hextall's collected a lot of medium to high floor prospects in the past few years, without trading hardly any. (I can only think of the Marody trade...)

Depth is pretty important for developing or acquiring NHL players. Keeping a high volume of prospects leads to more hits. The Flyers can be more patient with the "projects" as the higher floor prospects move quickly through the system to support the parent club. It's a safe and successful approach to development.

I'm not sure how you can say that the Flyers don't have top end talent... Frost, Myers, Farabee, O'Brien all can be impact players in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad