Couturier
Duchene
Karlsson
Johansen
Schenn
Zibanejad
Turris
Galchenyuk

Interesting list. Not a single one of these guys are 1Cs but I would probably classify all of them as good to elite #2Cs.

Reactions: TheGoldenGod

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Trochek
Monahan
Kadri
ROR
Couturier
Duchene
Karlsson
Johansen
Schenn
Zibanejad
Turris
Galchenyuk

Interesting list. Not a single one of these guys are 1Cs but I would probably classify all of them as good to elite #2Cs.
Yep you got the jist.

Not easy to rank these guys! I see a lot of these guys polled against each other one way or another, so tried to make a list of players between the ages of 24-28, that would be considered higher end top 6 centers, and see how HF rates these guys top to bottom, leaving out the unquestioned #1 C’s of that age range.

Sort of rushed through it, so if I missed someone that fits the description and deserves a spot, I’ll add to the OP.

Last edited:

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
I’ll go...

O’Reilly
Johansen
Monahan
Trochek
Couturier
Duchene
Karlsson
Schenn
Kadri
Zib
Turris
Galchenyuk

Last edited:

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Couturier has had one season with 40+ points. He might be the most overrated player on HF after last season.
That's just nitpicking, everybody and their dog knows he was capable of 40 points before. And his season was a proper breakout, not fluke. His game is much more than points anyway, he just added on his offense. Doesn't scream overrated reading these rankings though.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Trocheck
Karlsson
Galchenyak
Johansen
Turris
Zibanejad
Schenn
O-Rielly
Monahan
Duchene
Kadri
Coutirer

Really? Couturier is wayy underrated, as well as Ryan O'Reilly. Karlsson, Turris, and Chucky all overrated.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
RANK THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS FROM BEST TO WORST:

In no particular order....

Kadri
Galchenyuk
Johansen
Zibanejad
Schenn
Couturier
Turris
Duchene
OReilly
Trocheck
Monahan
Karlsson

HAVE FUN AND BE NICE
Couturier
O’Reilly
Zibanejad
Monahan
Karlsson
Kadri
Johansen
Duchene
Trocheck
Schenn
Turris
Galchenyuk

Or something along those lines

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Tier 1: Couturier/O'Reilly/Trochek

Tier 2: Monahan/Johansen/Duchene

Tier 3: Kadri/Karlsson

Tier 4: Galchenyuk/Turris

Some tough names to gauge there. Particularly Duchene and Karlsson. Duchene couldve been tier 3 but i gave him the jump up because he has elite speed and the talent is definitely there.

I'd add Monahan to Tier 1 but yeah this is pretty spot on.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Tier 2: Monahan/Johansen/Duchene

Some tough names to gauge there. Particularly Duchene and Karlsson. Duchene couldve been tier 3 but i gave him the jump up because he has elite speed and the talent is definitely there.

This is a great post.

Reactions: CanuckCity

SSJ3 Lunar

WWE made me jaded
Nov 2, 2010
Atlanta
Well he shouldn't be in the middle tier either. Honestly none of those guys are better. Maybe ROR somedays but I comfortably take Couts before him too.

Ryjo is better than Couts as he plays in the hardest division in the NHL and produces and dishes like a beast, good defensively and has a wicked shot, his only downside is he doesn't shoot as often as he should with a wrister like that.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Yep you got the jist.

Not easy to rank these guys! I see a lot of these guys polled against each other one way or another, so tried to make a list of players between the ages of 24-28, that would be considered higher end top 6 centers, and see how HF rates these guys top to bottom, leaving out the unquestioned #1 C’s of that age range.

Sort of rushed through it, so if I missed someone that fits the description and deserves a spot, I’ll add to the OP.

Stepan. Is he an elite 2C close to being a 1C?

Couture? (albeit 29 years old)
Horvat's 23 and a half

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Tier 2: Monahan/Johansen/Duchen

I would argue that Schenn is the top of teir 2 and bottom of teir 1

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
RyJo is very underated.
His last 2 regular seasons have been nothing to write home about and he's getting paid #1C money. He brings it in the playoffs every year though and has been a monster so far this season. When he is playing like he is right now, there is no doubt in my mind he is a #1C. Somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
His last 2 regular seasons have been nothing to write home about and he's getting paid #1C money. He brings it in the playoffs every year though and has been a monster so far this season. When he is playing like he is right now, there is no doubt in my mind he is a #1C. Somewhere in the middle of the pack.
Yep I'd agree he's overpaid, but I've always thought he was such a smart player to go along with that size/reach. Always stands out to me when I watch the Preds (which is mainly during the playoffs) so good point. If I was a Preds fan, I think I'd keep him over most of the other players on this list though. Seems to just fit in very well there.

Last edited:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I never thought of myself as someone who was particularly low on RyJo, but after reading this thread, clearly that's the case.

Aside from the bottom two on most of these lists, there isn't necessarily a ton of separation though

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Lots of players on this list I have a soft spot for. Big fan of the well rounded 1B centres that don’t get enough love. With that being said anyone ranking Zibanejad ahead of most of these guys, are so off base.

Schenn
Duchene
Monahan
O’Rielly (higher if he can continue current production)
Johansen
Couturier (higher if he can replicate last year)
Karlsson
Trocheck
Turris
Kadri
Zibanejad
Stepan
Galchenyuk

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Trocheck
Johansen
ROR