Rank These Centers!!!

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
Kadri is so underrated. Back to back 30-30-60 seasons and still no love. Most of the centres on that list have yet to do that. :help:

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah. Couturier seems to be the new most underrated player on HF. He's probably the best of this bunch and here you have him at the bottom of your lists. Is this trolling or what? He is elite two-way guy, did you see last playoffs? Only guy on Flyers who even tried, absolutely carried the team. And he was a beast in the regular season too.
He's easily the best

Reactions: Kevs Security

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Since the trade Schenn has only played Center in St. Louis. I really don't think there are any plans to see him move back to the wing, he's actually been better this year on faceoffs I think he's around 53 percent. I don't know if it's him or his line or just our putrid defensive mess we have going on but I don't think he's been all that great defensively. He's been a force offensively at center since he's been here. Love the physicality there too.

As for OP.

1. ROR
2. Monahan
3. Trochek
4. Johansen
5. Couturier
6. Karlsson
7. Schenn
8. Duchene
9. Kadri
10. Turris
11. Zib
12. Galchenyuk

Some of them are hard to classify like Schenn as he's in his second year as a center. Couturier is also very hard due to his breakout last year offensively, although the defense has always been there. Karlsson is by far the hardest with his shooting percentage last year but if he puts up a similar season I would be comfortable moving him up quite a bit.
Couturier has been the best offensively of anyone on this list by a fair margin for 3 years now when it comes to 5on5 scoring while playing the toughest minutes. Some of these guys are better on the PP.

By far the best defensively, best offensively overall last year and best over the last 3 years 5on5 offensively. There's no case for anyone over him unless you hold stock in the 19 points early into the season

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Ryjo is better than Couts as he plays in the hardest division in the NHL and produces and dishes like a beast, good defensively and has a wicked shot, his only downside is he doesn't shoot as often as he should with a wrister like that.
"Tougher division" but plays much easier qualcomp while producing less offensively Es and being tiers behind defensively.

Checks out

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Until Couturier can prove last seasons offensive outburst isn't/wasn't a fluke, it's hard to rank him over RO'R, imo.

He's close with Johanssen, Trochek, Monahan etc.

Pretty clear top 5 to me consisting of the names listed above.

Reactions: TheGoldenGod

SSJ3 Lunar

WWE made me jaded
Nov 2, 2010
Atlanta
"Tougher division" but plays much easier qualcomp while producing less offensively Es and being tiers behind defensively.

Checks out

You tell me which stats look better.

RyJo

This year:
GP: 15
G: 2
A: 13
P: 15

Career:
GP: 527
G: 118 :
A 239
P: 357

Couturier

This year:
GP: 16
G: 5
A: 3
P: 8

Career:
GP: 514
G: 106
A: 169
P: 275

RyJo also has better faceoff percentage, and the only thing Couturier has stats wise that is better than RyJo is plus/minus. Couts is a no show in the playoffs as well.

Last edited:

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Couturier has been the best offensively of anyone on this list by a fair margin for 3 years now when it comes to 5on5 scoring while playing the toughest minutes. Some of these guys are better on the PP.

By far the best defensively, best offensively overall last year and best over the last 3 years 5on5 offensively. There's no case for anyone over him unless you hold stock in the 19 points early into the season

Power play points are important too. I don’t necessarily know if what you said is true or not although I am fairly skeptical.

There certainly is case for ROR over him. There is also slot of case for the other guys on the list over him.

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017

RyJo

This year:

Career:
A 239

Couturier

This year:

Career:

RyJo also has better faceoff percentage, and the only thing Couturier has stats wise that is better than RyJo is plus/minus. Couts is a no show in the playoffs as well.
ROR
14 GP
8 Goals
12 assists
20pts
Like a 67% faceoff win percentage..

varano

Jun 27, 2013
5.Kadri
12.Galchenyuk
3.Johansen
8.Zibanejad
5.Schenn
6.Couturier
7.Turris
9.Duchene
2.OReilly
4.Trocheck
1.Monahan
10.Karlsson
11.Stepan (added)

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Johansen
O’Reilly
Zibanejad
Couturier
Karlsson
Trocheck
Monahan
Kadri
Duchene
Stepan
Schenn
Turris
Galchenyuk

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Lots of players on this list I have a soft spot for. Big fan of the well rounded 1B centres that don’t get enough love. With that being said anyone ranking Zibanejad ahead of most of these guys, are so off base.

Zib is the best player on a .500 team and has played a strong two way game at a 55 point pace for a few years now. He’s got arguably the worst supporting cast on this list. What keeps him out of this group?

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah. Couturier seems to be the new most underrated player on HF. He's probably the best of this bunch and here you have him at the bottom of your lists. Is this trolling or what? He is elite two-way guy, did you see last playoffs? Only guy on Flyers who even tried, absolutely carried the team. And he was a beast in the regular season too.
Until last year he was a 40ish point guy. He had a hell of a year last year and if he proves he can do it again you're right. But that doesn't look good so far, and that puts him near the bottom.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
RANK THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS FROM BEST TO WORST:

In no particular order....

Kadri
Galchenyuk
Johansen
Zibanejad
Schenn
Couturier
Turris
Duchene
OReilly
Trocheck
Monahan
Karlsson
Stepan (added)

HAVE FUN AND BE NICE

O’Reilly
Johansen
Monahan
Couturier
Schenn
Trocheck
Duchene
Kadri
Karlsson
Turris
Stepan
Galchenyuk
Zibanejad

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa

RyJo

This year:

Career:
A 239

Couturier

This year:

Career:

Couturier the Selke runner up.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Until last year he was a 40ish point guy. He had a hell of a year last year and if he proves he can do it again you're right. But that doesn't look good so far, and that puts him near the bottom.

Before last year he also played a highly defensive role with weak linemates and barely any PP time. His P/60 at ES was still strong, and he had shown flashes of what he was capable of when put with Voracek for a bit. I don't think he repeats last year, but continuing in a more normal top 6 role, I think he showed enough prior to last year that I would expect roughly 55-65 points, with the best defense out of anyone here. And he now has 11 points in 17 games, on pace for 53 on the year.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
He was never a "40ish" point guy. Hes been our best 5 on 5 offensive player for 3-4 years, yes better than Giroux and voracek. He's a guy who paced in the 50s back to back years who played the heaviest defensive minutes with scrub players.

Since playing with quality players on the 1st line he's put up these numbers:

Games played:99
Goals:38
Assist:49

Equates to 32 Goals, 41 Assist and 73 points. Couturier had a limited training camp and no pre season and came in rusty, finally getting his legs. Hes a 70+ point selke contending 1C, the best player in this grouping

varano

Jun 27, 2013
He was never a "40ish" point guy. Hes been our best 5 on 5 offensive player for 3-4 years, yes better than Giroux and voracek. He's a guy who paced in the 50s back to back years who played the heaviest defensive minutes with scrub players.

Equates to 32 Goals, 41 Assist and 73 points. Couturier had no limited training camp and no pre season and came in rusty, finally getting his legs. Hes a 70+ point selke contending 1C, the best player in this grouping
Im pretty sure 90 Percent of people in this thread would take someone on that list other than Couturier.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

Equates to 32 Goals, 41 Assist and 73 points. Couturier had a limited training camp and no pre season and came in rusty, finally getting his legs. Hes a 70+ point selke contending 1C, the best player in this grouping
You're right he was a sub 40 guy until last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->