Rank players by skating ability

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
5: Rielly, Kapanen
4.5: Gardiner, Nylander
4: Marner, Johnsson, Zaitsev, Marleau
3: Matthews, Brown, Dermott
2: Everyone else

The best skating forwards in the league are McDavid, MacKinnon, Kucherov, Larkin and Seguin. At D its Josi, Fowler, Karlsson, Hedman and Rielly.

Last edited:

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
MTL

5 Byron
4 Drouin
4 Domi
4 Pacioretty
4 Danault
4 Plekanec
4 Froese
3 Gallagher
3 Lehkonen
3 Hudon
3 Scherbak
2 Deslauriers
2 Andrew Shaw
2 De La Rose
1 McCarron

5 Mete
4 Petry
4 Reilly
4 Schlemko
3 Weber
3 Juulsen
3 Benn
2 Alzner

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
I acknowledge that.
Btw, It was after a 40 second shift, not 1.5 min. I'm not saying he's faster than McDavid, because he isn't. Regardless, it's impressive, because I have never ever seen anyone blow by McDavid regardless of how tired he is.

If Virtanen only had some hockey IQ, he'd be a deadly player. Unfortunately....
I think you are way off. Besides McDavid, nobody processes the game at full speed like Jake does. Jake has some of the best-advanced stats on the team. especially on D. Never gets caught out of position Which shows right there he has good hockey IQ. The passes this kid makes at full speed sadly were wasted on guys like Motte Archie Gaunce etc. Once he learns to get some accuracy while shooting at full speed he will be impossible to contain. Like how the funk you gonna stop him? Best part is with Greener now saying he will only be right wing coupled with the addition of Hughes. Jake can be the guy that benefits of Hughes the most. Have you noticed one of the many insanely talented plays Hughes does where he come to about the hash marks going warp 10 then does this sly little flip/push pass to guy usually parked in front? It happens so fast that by the time the goalie or defense move to get into position. Hughes and the goal scorer are already back skating down the bench getting props. Jake is perfect for that due to his size speed and his soft hands. Jake will score 15-20 goals just with that type of play. Tanev I will bet right now if he is paired with Hughes will not break any bones this year. Why? very simple Tanev won't have blocked a shot while being in a vulnerable position I, coming from the wall after a puck battle only to have to jump in front of the puck he just separated from the opposition. Now we have a guy who will keep the puck out of our end. Or at least get it out a lot quicker. Instead of like last year when Tanman would be penned in his own zone forced to go warrior mode and dive in front of pucks Tanev better be off the market unless its a massive overpayment cuz him and Hughes will be crazy good.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I'd say the only 5's on the Blues might be Parayko and Tarasenko and that's more because they are powerful on their skates. Not so much fast as lighting with amazing acceleration. They are 4's in that regard.

Vince Dunn might be considered a 5 among defensemen.

Bouwmeester was our best skater by a mile until injuries caught up to him. I didn't get to see much of JBO when he was with Calgary and Florida. When we first got him...wow! His skating was incredible. And it stood out more since he's 6'4", 210. Long legs, big easy stride. Got to top speed in no time. I miss that JBo. He's not close to the same player without his wheels.

Really our team lacks great speed which is bad because we moved from being a team built on power and toughness to a team with speed a year ago haha.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
5 - Virtanen (beat McDavid to a breakaway)
4 - Horvat (was 2 when drafted), Baertschi, Pettersson, Stecher
3 - Boeser, Gaudette, Edler
2 - Leipsic
1 - (previously Sedins)
Barely inched ahead of McDavid despite skating in a straight line and McDavid being on the ice for over a minute in 3 on 3. Dont get too ahead . Virtanen can fly,

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
5:
4: Konecny, Laughton, Voracek, Gostisbehere, Sanheim, Provorov
3: Couturier, Giroux, Patrick, Raffl,
2: Leier, Simmonds, Weal, Weise, Gudas, Hagg, AMac, Lindblom
1:

-1000000: Lehtera

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad