3.5- Barberio, Andrighetto, Compher

3- Zadorov, Landeskog, Jost, Soderberg, Comeau, Bourque, Alt

2- Nemeth, Rantanen(maybe a 2.5)

(-15)- Colborne

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
A lot of generosity in this thread. Crosby is the best skater in the league and IMO, nobody else should be higher than a 4.9.

I’m not sure 1-5 is the best scale for this.

Reactions: Goldmember

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
A lot of generosity in this thread. Crosby is the best skater in the league and IMO, nobody else should be higher than a 4.9.

I’m not sure 1-5 is the best scale for this.

Lol wut? Mcdavid is easily the best skater in the league, that’s not a slight on Crosby either, that’s just how good McDavid is. Crosby’s edgework is definitely up there with McDavid, but McDavids explosiveness puts him a leg up.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
6. Barzal, just ridiculous
5. Leddy, skates like Neids

No one else of note.

Viktor Vaughn

Apr 7, 2018
5- Ehlers, Kyle Connor, Tanev, Blake Wheeler (Ultimate power forward skating ability)
4-Sheifs, Roslovic
2.5- Laine

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Scores unavailable for Senators players because coach views rest as a weapon. So they did lots of resting during games this year.

But seriously,

Karlsson: 5
Duchene, Hoffman, Chabot: 4, maybe 4.5 (can we give half scores?)
everyone else: 3 or 2.

Sens don't have any brutal skaters. Just brutal coaching, goaltending, and forward depth.

Which we will address by giving Colorado a 1st round pick in 2019

All part of the plan.

Sens playoffs 2024!! WOOOO! Buckle Up!

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Lol wut? Mcdavid is easily the best skater in the league, that’s not a slight on Crosby either, that’s just how good McDavid is. Crosby’s edgework is definitely up there with McDavid, but McDavids explosiveness puts him a leg up.
That’s one opinion.

For me, the question is more about evaluating all the different aspects. McDavid is faster, but Crosby is better at virtually everything else.. I’d prefer that.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The only really note-worthy skaters on the Sabres are Eichel and Guhle, both of whom I'd give 5s to. Most of the team is average or below.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
5: Hall, Grabner
4: Wood, Hischier, Johansson
3: Bratt, Coleman, Zacha, Noesen, Moore, Vatanen, Palmieri, Gibbons, Severson, Butcher
2: Mueller, Maroon, Stafford, Zajac, Lovejoy
1: Boyle, Greene

Good list.

Gibbons, Grabner, and Coleman should be 4s. Maroon should absolutely be a 1, I don't think he's able to even do a cross over.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Ehh I wouldn’t say that. But McDavids combination of edgework and explosiveness is unrivaled.
We’ll agree to disagree.

Edgework to me, is balanced agility and shiftiness, and Crosby does that with more power and precision than anyone else.. his ability to apply it, changing directions and using his lower body. He’s second to none. I’m hard pressed to even find a comparable. Jeff Skinner is one that comes to mind, but he has nowhere near the power and strength that Sid has.

I really don’t recall anyone being better at using their feet and lower half to their advantage in so many different situations like Crosby does.

He has more practical advantages in more situations, and I value that above all else.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
12-Girard

5-Mackinnon

4- Johnson, Kerfoot, Nieto

3.5- Barberio, Andrighetto, Compher

3- Zadorov, Landeskog, Jost, Soderberg, Comeau, Bourque, Alt

2- Nemeth, Rantanen(maybe a 2.5)

(-15)- Colborne

Agreed. Mack has wheels but Girard is just something else. I'm just glad Guenin (there isn't a number low enough) is gone

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Colorado:

5: Mackinnon, Girard
4: Compher, Barrie, Nieto, Zadorov, Andrighetto
3: Rantanen, Landeskog, Jost, Johnson, Bourque, Nemeth, Kerfoot
2: Barberio, Comeau, Toninato
1: Wilson, Soderberg, Lindholm

Reactions: slobbergob

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Agreed. Mack has wheels but Girard is just something else. I'm just glad Guenin (there isn't a number low enough) is gone

Girards edgework work is incredible. His top speed isn’t anything special, but his quickness and agility is special.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Scores unavailable for Senators players because coach views rest as a weapon. So they did lots of resting during games this year.

But seriously,

Karlsson: 5
Duchene, Hoffman, Chabot: 4, maybe 4.5 (can we give half scores?)
everyone else: 3 or 2.

Sens don't have any brutal skaters. Just brutal coaching, goaltending, and forward depth.

Which we will address by giving Colorado a 1st round pick in 2019

All part of the plan.

Sens playoffs 2024!! WOOOO! Buckle Up!

Dzingel is one of the fastest skaters in the league and the fastest in Ottawa. Slight edge over Karlsson and Hoffman in that department. Speaking of edge work, Dzingel has also improved in that area although he loses one-on-ones with bigger/stronger bodies who use their size to neutralize him in the corners. Because of his insane speed, I would also put him at 4 as a great speedster (with or without the puck) with average edge work.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
With MY team, the Tecumseh Tea Bags:

Trips Forward - 2 - feet are too big, but he's getting better
Lanky Leewood - 1 - only been skating six months. Stands too tall, but always brings the beer. He's a 5 in beer.
Dick Trickles -2 - groin problems. Work related.
Mikey "Million Dollar Five Holes" Holerson - 3 - he went to powerskating last year, and took his game to another level.

I'll spare you the rest of the list because they're all pretty much 2s and 1s. But that's what you get in beer league.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Oilers

McDavid - between 8 and the Millenium Falcon (ironic because we missed the playoffs by more than 12 parsecs)
Nurse - 5
RNH - 5
Draisaitl - 3.5 (slower but can't be knocked off the puck)
Kassian - 3 (underrated skater)
Klefbum - 3
Slepyshev - 3
Caggiula - 3
Larsson - 3
Khaira - 3
Strome - 2
Sekera - 2
Poolparty - 2
Russell - 2
Benning - 2
Gryba - 0
Lucic - (6)*

HM: Reinhart - (9000)**

* - brackets denote a minus....
** - no longer an oiler, but deserves a mention because watching him skate is like watching light try to escape a black hole.

Edit - I want to make RNH a 5. Skating is his best attribute I think. So I'm doing it; was previously a 4.

Drai is much faster and stronger on his skates then Nuge, Nuge is more agile and has better edges. Drai gets a 5

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Maatta might be the slowest skater in the league.

Hawks:
Saad - 3
Toews - 3
Hinostroza - 4 (great speed)
DeBrincat - 2
Schmaltz - 3
Kane - 4 (super agile)
Duclair - 4
Anisimov - 2
Sharp - 2 (age)
Jurco - 3
Kampf - 2 (very average at everything)
Hayden - 2

Keith - 2 (age)
Oesterle - 2
Gustafsson - 2
Seabrook - 1
Rutta - 2
Murphy - 3 (good for a big guy)
Forsling - 2

I tried to use the whole scale, but they don't currently have the kind of speedsters like what Stalberg and Leddy were. Or Tony Salmelainen. Hinostroza is probably closest, he could be a 4.5.

I miss the days when Keith was a 4-5 :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad