Post-Game Talk: Rangers win 3-2, Devils fall out of a playoff spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
The worst part is we have the Bruins two more times. No matter how good this team plays against them it's like not meant to be for us to be able to beat them the last two years. We can play a great game against them and still lose 4-1. Last year we saw them show up for 5 minutes one game and win 4-1. Though teams like the Jets can beat them.

i don't think they've beaten the bruins in 2 years. awful

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
i don't think they've been the bruins in 2 years. awful

Last game of the 10/11 season. They only have to show up for 5 minutes to beat us. It's frustrating that teams like the Jets can continue to beat them and last year the Piles beat them too, but we can't.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I recall a game against the Bruins in which Salvador scored from the point and we won 1-0.

That was back in 08-09 I think. We won in April 2011 at home on the last day of the season 3-2 against them. Urbom and Zharkov scored, but I don't remember who scored the other. I know they scored their second goal with like a few seconds remaining in the game.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
There's not one player on that list that deserved to be part of our top #6 or was going to give us the production we all expect out of our forwards on both of our top 2 lines... and that's what Parise and Sykora gave us, top #6 production.

You don't think Loktionov and Zajac deserve to be in the top 6?

The fact of the matter is, with a full healthy roster, the Devils look like this:

Henrique - Loktionov - Kovalchuk
Elias - Zajac - Zubrus
Ponikarovsky - Josefson - Clarkson
Carter - Gionta - Barch

and that is a DAMN good team. You never plan for injuries but they're not excuses, either. I look at that list, and the only real disappointments have been Zajac and Josefson. Henrique's overall points are down but he's on pace for a 30 goal full season.

MountainGoat

just finished the game, really thought we outplayed the Rags and deserved the win... oh well, gotta win on Thursday

MountainGoat

You don't think Loktionov and Zajac deserve to be in the top 6?

The fact of the matter is, with a full healthy roster, the Devils look like this:

Henrique - Loktionov - Kovalchuk
Elias - Zajac - Zubrus
Ponikarovsky - Josefson - Clarkson
Carter - Gionta - Barch

and that is a DAMN good team. You never plan for injuries but they're not excuses, either. I look at that list, and the only real disappointments have been Zajac and Josefson. Henrique's overall points are down but he's on pace for a 30 goal full season.
nothing to complain about with that lineup but the defense is a different story, we have no one on the blueline that can shoot and I think thats a big part of why we're struggling to score.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Holy **** I typed Barch instead of Bernier, that is utterly terrifying.

Maybe that's been Deboer's problem all season! He just keeps daydreaming while he's writing his lineup cards.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Maybe that's been Deboer's problem all season! He just keeps daydreaming while he's writing his lineup cards.

Yeah after thinking about it I figured it was a typo, but I just wanted to bust chops a little bit!:laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The worst part is we have the Bruins two more times. No matter how good this team plays against them it's like not meant to be for us to be able to beat them the last two years. We can play a great game against them and still lose 4-1. Last year we saw them show up for 5 minutes one game and win 4-1. Though teams like the Jets can beat them.

Some would say we're getting served some hockey justice for ****-canning Julien the way Lou did. But I don't want to start that argument again.

Whoever brought up the schedule breakdown was absolutely right in that the Devils need to make hay now these next few games. I know we 'always' say the Devils need to win their winnable games, but they're running out of time. This is my fear when everyone's hung their hat on the cavalry coming back, the cavalry may come back after the Alamo's fallen.

For all we know, Bernier could be the next guy to 'dissapear' and be day-to-day for a month anyway, we're gonna blame you if that happens :sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Some would say we're getting served some hockey justice for ****-canning Julien the way Lou did. But I don't want to start that argument again.

Whoever brought up the schedule breakdown was absolutely right in that the Devils need to make hay now these next few games. I know we 'always' say the Devils need to win their winnable games, but they're running out of time. This is my fear when everyone's hung their hat on the cavalry coming back, the cavalry may come back after the Alamo's fallen.
It's not outrageous to think it's some karma for Julien. Since I've never seen a team show up to play for 5 minutes against another and win every game. Even the 6-1 loss last year we didn't look THAT bad, but they were blowing out other teams around that time as well too.

We have some winnable games coming up. Carolina got killed by half of Florida's AHL team last night. Then we got half of Florida's AHL team. They got back to backs with us then the Isles, so it wouldn't surprise me to see their idiot coach throw Clemmensen in who we are afraid of in the regular season. Right now he's probably the only goaltender in the league with more than 3 starts that's been worse than Hedberg. 857 save percentage, 4.14 GAA. If not then they'll throw in their hot air balloon leaning tower of padsa Jacob Markstrom. We scored 3 on him last year in Patty 1000th.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's not outrageous to think it's some karma for Julien. Since I've never seen a team show up to play for 5 minutes against another and win every game. Even the 6-1 loss last year we didn't look THAT bad, but they were blowing out other teams around that time as well too.

We have some winnable games coming up. Carolina got killed by half of Florida's AHL team last night. Then we got half of Florida's AHL team. They got back to backs with us then the Isles, so it wouldn't surprise me to see their idiot coach throw Clemmensen in who we are afraid of in the regular season. Right now he's probably the only goaltender in the league with more than 3 starts that's been worse than Hedberg. 857 save percentage, 4.14 GAA. If not then they'll throw in their hot air balloon leaning tower of padsa Jacob Markstrom. We scored 3 on him last year in Patty 1000th.

Why there is no excuse to lose these next two. The cavalry is sort of here. Team has its starter back so its time to go.

Fact is Eggers made the point last night. We have been out shooting the other team for like 8 games or something. We are out possessing and out working too. Fore check is doing its job, we just aren't finding the net, and a big part of that seems to be the fact we constantly chasing the lead early

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why there is no excuse to lose these next two. The cavalry is sort of here. Team has its starter back so its time to go.

Fact is Eggers made the point last night. We have been out shooting the other team for like 8 games or something. We are out possessing and out working too. Fore check is doing its job, we just aren't finding the net, and a big part of that seems to be the fact we constantly chasing the lead early

I just want to crush Carolina tomorrow. Then crush that San Antonio Rampage team on Saturday. Chase whoever that ****in idiot Dineen puts it net, and light up the next guy. Dineen changes goalies more than any coach I've ever seen. Literally he'll change if they give up 2 in the first 10 minutes even if it's not their fault. Don't score too much too early though. I keep thinking of game 3 of the Florida series.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I just want to crush Carolina tomorrow. Then crush that San Antonio Rampage team on Saturday. Chase whoever that ****in idiot Dineen puts it net, and light up the next guy. Dineen changes goalies more than any coach I've ever seen. Literally he'll change if they give up 2 in the first 10 minutes even if it's not their fault. Don't score too much too early though. I keep thinking of game 3 of the Florida series.

We need to score first, it is like imperative we score first. Hopefully Marty and his puck handling can maybe cover up the brain fart that seems to always happen in the 1st. Plus we know he won't get caught wandering and create his own brain farts. He shouldn't have to steal the game or anything but we need him at least on tomorrow.

Last night's game really shows the difference from when we were rolling and when we have been playing bad. The Rags played the same exact strategy against us in both games, which was to stretch pass their way to victory and let Nash cherry pick. We completely shut that crap down in the 1st game and ground them to dust with the forecheck. Last night we were forechecking, but goofed up to many times and let their stretch passes work. Then we got trapped out in the third (you can pinpoint when it started right after Tort's TO) Still we had our chances in the 3rd too. Just didn't bury them + the Queen was on at that point.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We need to score first, it is like imperative we score first. Hopefully Marty and his puck handling can maybe cover up the brain fart that seems to always happen in the 1st. Plus we know he won't get caught wandering and create his own brain farts. He shouldn't have to steal the game or anything but we need him at least on tomorrow.

Last night's game really shows the difference from when we were rolling and when we have been playing bad. The Rags played the same exact strategy against us in both games, which was to stretch pass their way to victory and let Nash cherry pick. We completely shut that crap down in the 1st game and ground them to dust with the forecheck. Last night we were forechecking, but goofed up to many times and let their stretch passes work. Then we got trapped out in the third (you can pinpoint when it started right after Tort's TO) Still we had our chances in the 3rd too. Just didn't bury them + the Queen was on at that point.
I'm just tired of getting owned by crap goaltenders/defenses man. No shame in Price or Lundqvist. In fact they're the first REAL goaltenders we've seen in a while. Pavelec is good, but the Jets defense sucks which is why they were averaging 3 goals against per game (It might have gone down by now though) Enroth went 17 games without a win, but almost beat us if not for his stupid rebound. Ellis is a career backup like Moose that's been forced to be in a starting role. We should not be making him look good, and I find it hard to believe we're losing because crap goalies are playing good. The Lightning have the worst defense in the league too. No shame in losing to them 5-4 cause they have one of the better offenses. But 5-2?

Like I said guys like Pavelec, Price, and Lundqvist there's no shame. When we're getting owned by Enroth, Reimer, Lindback/horrible TB defense, Ellis, then something is wrong.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm just tired of getting owned by crap goaltenders/defenses man. No shame in Price or Lundqvist. In fact they're the first REAL goaltenders we've seen in a while. Pavelec is good, but the Jets defense sucks which is why they were averaging 3 goals against per game (It might have gone down by now though) Enroth went 17 games without a win, but almost beat us if not for his stupid rebound. Ellis is a career backup like Moose that's been forced to be in a starting role. We should not be making him look good, and I find it hard to believe we're losing because crap goalies are playing good. The Lightning have the worst defense in the league too. No shame in losing to them 5-4 cause they have one of the better offenses. But 5-2?

Like I said guys like Pavelec, Price, and Lundqvist there's no shame. When we're getting owned by Enroth, Reimer, Lindback/horrible TB defense, Ellis, then something is wrong.

But if you really look at those games we were taking advantage of their bad Ds but just so many shots wide, or near misses, or just shots into the chest. And you blame the quality of forwards, but I really call bunk on that too. These are guys that know how to score. Kovy knows, Patty knows, Clarkson, Zajac, they all know how to score. CBGB does too, and Loki has shown he has finish as well. For whatever reason, whether it be bad luck, gripping the sticks to tight and trying to hard (seen Kovy try and blast the puck through the goalie a few to many times) or some combination it just isn't happening. Then it just gets compounded when we make that one stupid blunder that leads to their first goal and we spend the rest of the game chasing.

Why the hope is Marty can eliminate that part with timely saves, and just his puck handling. Plus he helps a bit more on the PP since unlike Moose Marty will send the puck straight up the ice instead of waiting for the forwards to come back. Saves precious seconds.

All little things I admit, but they can add up to maybe be enough to tip the scales back in our favor.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
But if you really look at those games we were taking advantage of their bad Ds but just so many shots wide, or near misses, or just shots into the chest. And you blame the quality of forwards, but I really call bunk on that too. These are guys that know how to score. Kovy knows, Patty knows, Clarkson, Zajac, they all know how to score. CBGB does too, and Loki has shown he has finish as well. For whatever reason, whether it be bad luck, gripping the sticks to tight and trying to hard (seen Kovy try and blast the puck through the goalie a few to many times) or some combination it just isn't happening. Then it just gets compounded when we make that one stupid blunder that leads to their first goal and we spend the rest of the game chasing.

Why the hope is Marty can eliminate that part with timely saves, and just his puck handling. Plus he helps a bit more on the PP since unlike Moose Marty will send the puck straight up the ice instead of waiting for the forwards to come back. Saves precious seconds.

All little things I admit, but they can add up to maybe be enough to tip the scales back in our favor.
Shots wide, into the goalies crest, or the best one lately off the post.

Still though like I said this team was 15th in scoring with Parise and Sykora last year. Can't expect them to score at the rate last year.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Shots wide, into the goalies crest, or the best one lately off the post.

Still though like I said this team was 15th in scoring with Parise and Sykora last year. Can't expect them to score at the rate last year.

Right, but isn't like we aren't getting chances. I expected a drop off too, but not like this, and even the recent play suggests we should be able to score more then we do.

davebenj

Mar 19, 2011
One way or another, it would be so sweet for the Devils to completely ruin the Bruins' season one of these years. It would be poetic justice. They are really starting to become a team I don't like.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Not sure if anyone has been talking about it, but I have to say I thought Larsson had an awful game.

As a whole though, we didn't look bad. It all comes back to finishing. Yeah, Lundqvist made some good stops, but at some point the other goalie is irrelevant. You have to put the puck in the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese