Post-Game Talk: Rangers win 3-2, Devils fall out of a playoff spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinda reminds me of last years Wild like I said earlier. Went from 1st, and it seemed like they were losing 7 or 8 out of 10 games. Then you'd see the standings next week, and they're still in 4th, and it takes another two weeks to drop to 6th. Finally a month later they're in 8th, and then a week later in 9th and then a free fall into 13th like it was nothing.

theking72

Confucius Ackbar
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
NJ
We need more Marty

tumblr_m4eqjl7RDZ1rofs78o1_250_zpsc8770bed.gif

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Marty needs a Hart Trophy badly. This is is his chance after getting robbed of it in 06-07 and 07/08!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Anyone have video of that horrendous dive by Hank?

He fooled me too, I thought Zajac had stuck an elbow out or something, I was wondering wtf got into him. Even when they showed the first replay I was still a bit unsure cause the Devils this season do tend to show favorable angles on replays to incite the crowd, but after the second one it was obvious Lundqvist milked that one (so did his team for that matter, jumping Zajac immediately) and Zajac never touched him. Even when Marty <cough> flops, at least it's when the other team actually touches him.

At least they didn't score on that PP or I'd be ten times angrier.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Girardi is a klutz. Isn't he the one who went behind the net on Henrique's ECF winning goal?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He fooled me too, I thought Zajac had stuck an elbow out or something, I was wondering wtf got into him. Even when they showed the first replay I was still a bit unsure cause the Devils this season do tend to show favorable angles on replays to incite the crowd, but after the second one it was obvious Lundqvist milked that one (so did his team for that matter, jumping Zajac immediately) and Zajac never touched him. Even when Marty <cough> flops, at least it's when the other team actually touches him.

At least they didn't score on that PP or I'd be ten times angrier.

That was horrendous. The slo-mo replay shows ya Giradi did elbow him in the head, but his dive is so delayed after the hit its disgusting. He really went down like there was a sniper in the damn roof, and looks like he nearly hurt his hand or something diving too.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I don't think Lundqvist knew who hit him. I think he just felt contact and went down.

I don't think he had it out for Zajac specifically, it was more of a reflex than anything else.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Does anybody have Marty's GAA by period. I feel like Marty is very good at keeping the game scoreless after the 1st period. This could be huge for our troubles getting the initial lead.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Poni hit the boards awkwardly with about 5 minutes left in the 2nd.

Not hard,but you see him grimace and favor a side while skating to the bench.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Does anybody have Marty's GAA by period. I feel like Marty is very good at keeping the game scoreless after the 1st period. This could be huge for our troubles getting the initial lead.

Marty has given up 7 goals in the 1st period in 13 games this year. 3 of those goals were in the same period too in that game against Philly where we went down 3-1 in the 1st before coming back to win the game 5-3.

So Marty has only allowed 1st period goals in 5 of 13 games this season. Since the Washington game where Ovechkin scored the hat trick the team has averaged 1.92 goals for per game. Moose is or not no goalie is gonna help that. I'm sure we are the lowest scoring team in that span. Have to be bottom 5.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
http://timeonice.com/shots1213.php?gamenumber=20429

McDonagh was the worst Rangers defenseman in terms of possession tonight. The Devils top lines played their best tonight against the Rangers' best pairing. This team is just ITCHING to break out.

That makes weeks that we're supposed to breakout, it's a good effort overall but we're still hitting posts and give up fluky goals on the next shift. Just waiting for a timely slump now and that's perfect.... It's going to be a season to forget.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Since Brodeur went down, there have definitely been stretches where the Devils have looked like a straight-up BAD team. The past couple weeks haven't been the same, in my opinion, which is why I'm a little more optimistic that they'll be able to turn the games around before this season's over. Whether it's too late or not is TBD, sadly. Deboer seems to recognize that his team is playing well though, and that's a good sign I think 'cause he'll be able to keep them in better spirits. There's also this though...

“We’re not getting the first goal and then we’re playing from behind. If we play from behind, we have to open it up sometimes and you give up more than you should.”
-Deboer

And that's clearly been an issue over the slump.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I never questioned the effort. I did early in the slump like when we were getting blown out by the Caps and fishy sticks. It did seem this team did not come to play for 60 minutes against the cream of the crap of the league. As it's went on though I can't say I'm questioning the effort right now.

Honestly this just kinda looks like a bad team. Not a horrid team, but an incomplete team. Kinda what teams who aren't built very well look like. Not like CBJ/Isles bad, just a little incomplete that's all.

apice3*

This team is becoming frustrating to watch. We outplay most of our opponents, we are better in terms of possessions and shots, we generally end up with more PP's, yet we're constantly losing. I don't even know what else to say.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
It's a circle, you play well for a period of time then it's getting a bit more difficult for another one. We are, overall, playing well. At this level of competition, outshooting the opposition is cute but you don't get points for that, and if you keep losing again and again the games you were supposed to win, you're asking for a damn lot of trouble.

We are in trouble.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This team is becoming frustrating to watch. We outplay most of our opponents, we are better in terms of possessions and shots, we generally end up with more PP's, yet we're constantly losing. I don't even know what else to say.

It doesn't hurt as bad when we're losing to Price or Lundqvist. When it's the Reimer's, Enroth's(If not for his horrible rebound we would have lost to him) Ellis's, and Tampa Bay's of the league it's really frustrating. It doesn't seem to matter who's in net. Big Ben the blimp, or Joe careerbackup, we seem to struggle against everybody.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's a circle, you play well for a period of time then it's getting a bit more difficult for another one. We are, overall, playing well. At this level of competition, outshooting the opposition is cute but you don't get points for that, and if you keep losing again and again the games you were supposed to win, you're asking for a damn lot of trouble.

We are in trouble.

Heads are really rolling in here, weren't you the most positive about this team less than a week ago?:laugh:

We outshot opponents during the Maclean half season, but didn't really dominate. And the defense was much worse than what we're seeing right now, as bad as it's been at times the last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad