• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
That and people need to chill. We can get a higher draft pick via trade.
Giving up assets to move up in the draft doesn't seem like the best possible scenario for a rebuilding team. I'd like to keep as many picks as possible. Not to mention, we likely aren't going to be able to trade up far enough to get the elite talent in the draft.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Or he could be thankful he hasn’t had to go through what virtually every other nhl goalie and player has had to go through.
Thank the lord he plays for a winning organization and that he’s not in Cam Wards shoes...skates.
Just depends on how he looks at it, I guess.
Yeah, I guess that's definitely the positive way to look at it. Just interesting to think what must be going on in his head. His entire professional career, even back in Sweden has been geared to trying to win the championship at the end of the year.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
All they have to do is throw the next 3 games. Play more kids, etc... Lose (hopefully), then root for Edmonton, chicago, and the pislanders tonwin at least 1 Regulation game + 1 OT loss St minimum .

I think it's doable... That would put us at 7th overall

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Well, look on the bright side.

We didn’t pull a Calgary and trade our first in a season where it’s a lottery pick.

And so long as we don’t somehow drop further in the draft, I’d be happy to have Joel Farabee join our ranks.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
10th is where we’ll stay for the draft so who cares at this point

If anything we’ll drop but what ya gonna do

Exactly, I could have passed the FBIs contra intelligence team’s lie detector test on this question a month ago without a thumbtack in my shoe.

“Are you 100% sure [this] will happen? Yes.”

The graph printer goes on without a hinge in the curve.

;)

darko

Feb 16, 2009
We grabbed Chytil at 21 so you can get extremely talented players throughout the first round. I'm willing to back Gorts to really nail at least 2 of those 3.

Reactions: Rongomania and bl02

Claxton

Sep 30, 2007
At this point 10th overall would be lucky.

The Devils, Isles and Philly are not beating this team 3 straight.

Reactions: bl02

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
At this point 10th overall would be lucky.

The Devils, Isles and Philly are not beating this team 3 straight.

We’re in 10th now and Carolina is 4 points ahead of us. Don’t see how us finishing in 10th is lucky when we’re already in that spot and we’re closer to 9th.

Think we’re kind of cemented where we are at this point. Oilers blew two gimme games v Calgary and Vancouver. Hawks have a tough schedule left. I think the only realistic chance is the Islanders to pass us since we play them Thursday. Theoretically, NYR should lose to NJD and the Islanders will lose to whoever they have on the schedule. Isles could beat us Thursday (never won in Barclays) and that sets up Saturday with Isles in Detroit and Rangers in Philly.

Reactions: Ori

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Giving up assets to move up in the draft doesn't seem like the best possible scenario for a rebuilding team. I'd like to keep as many picks as possible. Not to mention, we likely aren't going to be able to trade up far enough to get the elite talent in the draft.
Agreed. keep all three first rounders try to hit on two of them. There should be some decent talent in the top 31. no way we can trade to get into the top 4/5 this year

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We’re in 10th now and Carolina is 4 points ahead of us. Don’t see how us finishing in 10th is lucky when we’re already in that spot and we’re closer to 9th.

Think we’re kind of cemented where we are at this point. Oilers blew two gimme games v Calgary and Vancouver. Hawks have a tough schedule left. I think the only realistic chance is the Islanders to pass us since we play them Thursday. Theoretically, NYR should lose to NJD and the Islanders will lose to whoever they have on the schedule. Isles could beat us Thursday (never won in Barclays) and that sets up Saturday with Isles in Detroit and Rangers in Philly.
Yep and the Islanders will lose that game in detroit.

Reactions: Rongomania

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We grabbed Chytil at 21 so you can get extremely talented players throughout the first round. I'm willing to back Gorts to really nail at least 2 of those 3.
Thats our hope. That the Rangers scouting is diligent at work right now to find some amazing talent from 25-30 in the draft. After finding Chytil at 21 I have faith in them.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Except we don't need good players... we need elite and getting those later is a complete crap shoot but whatever.

Some of us feel one way and others another way and we won't agree. Ever.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kind of wondering if we package the 10 and try to move up into the 6-7 range. It might cost us one of the late 1st's but if you have your sights set on someone in particular you at least try. Right now though it looks like we're going to be 10 .

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Except we don't need good players... we need elite and getting those later is a complete crap shoot but whatever.

Some of us feel one way and others another way and we won't agree. Ever.

We aren’t going to have a better shot at getting that player at 7th than 10th.

I would like to finish at least 9th though. The difference in lottery odds between 10th and 9th is bigger than any until you get to the top 3.

But either way, it’s not like the team is playing well. 10 points in their last 10. Except for the Islanders, who have been much worse, no team below us has gotten less than 6 points in that span. 5 of them have 8 or more.

In other words, every team in the bottom 10 is bad. It’s not worth worrying about.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
We drafted Brendl at 4 so you can get extremely untalented players at the top of the first round. I'm willing to back Gorts to trade all the first round picks.

Reactions: Rongomania

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
It's still pretty crazy to think how weird this is for Lundqvist. He hadn't played a meaningless game in the NHL his entire career before this recent stretch getting eliminated. When was the last time he played a meaningless game, at 15 or something? Pretty crazy, can't imagine how hard it is on him.
Seriously? The guy lives the life of Riley. He isn't the first and won't be the last great player to not win a Cup. To say, "how hard it is on him" is totally devoid of perspective.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We drafted Brendl at 4 so you can get extremely untalented players at the top of the first round. I'm willing to back Gorts to trade all the first round picks.
Nope, he will not do that @silverfish 1 McDavid don`t outplay 3 1st round picks if they have decent talent level like 40-50 pts. a season. In consider Eeli Tolvanen went late as #30 late in the 2017 draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad