GDT: Rangers Vs Sens | THE MADISON SQUARE EdITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
Don't worry about sitting Lazar. Neil will be given one chance to play well, fail miserably, then will be scratched next game since we now have a coach with a brain.

Our team is basically infinitely better without Maclean and Spezza in every measurable way. Good riddance. They haven't played this consistent in years. Now if we could just improve the defense we would be in a playoff spot.

I don't know anyone who blamed the sens problems strictly on Spezza. It was always Spezza + insert problem here and here.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Send lazar to the world juniors To gain confidence. Scored a bunch if goals. Wins gold. He comes back. We bench him because Chris Neil needs time. Starting to fear having curtis here is a bad idea.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Don't worry about sitting Lazar. Neil will be given one chance to play well, fail miserably, then will be scratched next game since we now have a coach with a brain.

Our team is basically infinitely better without Maclean and Spezza in every measurable way. Good riddance. They haven't played this consistent in years. Now if we could just improve the defense we would be in a playoff spot.

I don't know anyone who blamed the sens problems strictly on Spezza. It was always Spezza + insert problem here and here.

Except for that part where they score goals. (referring to Spezza)

Also I don't understand how you can say that the team has been consistent, they've been anything but this season in my opinion. Win 1 lose 1. Beat a good team, get blown out by a ****** team.

Only thing that's really been consistent is Anderson.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
Except for that part where they score goals. (referring to Spezza)

Also I don't understand how you can say that the team has been consistent, they've been anything but this season in my opinion. Win 1 lose 1. Beat a good team, get blown out by a ****** team.

Only thing that's really been consistent is Anderson.

The wins will come if they keep playing this way. They have gotten pretty unlucky since Cameron took over. I think they have hit the post about 40 times.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Don Brennan rips on karlsson in a tweet. The guy is such a hack.

Only biancosaurus gets to rip on karlsson. Best Donnie realizes that.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Good

Lazar isn't doing anything, Weircioch sucks and Greening is on his way out

Lazar ought to be in Junior though

Lazar might not be doing much and could be back in junior. The problem is that Lazar wasn't sent back to junior. Now the team has a responsibility to develop him. To do that he needs to be in the lineup. As much as I've loved Neil in the past it seems now that he isn't that useful and I'd prefer to see a player line Lazar in the line-up. If Ottawa loses a few more game they need to start focus on making the team better for the future because this year will be done.

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the impact Cameron has had on this team.

I have a feeling that Zibby will have a huge game. Neil will be so utterly useless that he plays himself out of the lineup for the rest of the season.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Lazar might not be doing much and could be back in junior. The problem is that Lazar wasn't sent back to junior. Now the team has a responsibility to develop him. To do that he needs to be in the lineup. As much as I've loved Neil in the past it seems now that he isn't that useful and I'd prefer to see a player line Lazar in the line-up. If Ottawa loses a few more game they need to start focus on making the team better for the future because this year will be done.

Maybe part of him developing is having him watch the occasional game from the pressbox to see things from a different perspective. Its not like the guy is scratched every other game.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Maybe part of him developing is having him watch the occasional game from the pressbox to see things from a different perspective. Its not like the guy is scratched every other game.

He might be from now on, since Neil is back. I hope Neil gets scratched occasionally as well. Seemed to help Phillips.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa

He just spent what? like two weeks playing in a junior tournament. If you want to scratch someone to put Neil back in then take out an older player. Right now Lazar is a guy that needs to play. If this game is one of the few he sits out then fine. Where I'll get really annoyed is if it becomes a frequent occurrence.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Don Brennan rips on karlsson in a tweet. The guy is such a hack.

Only biancosaurus gets to rip on karlsson. Best Donnie realizes that.

Poor Donnie will never understand why Erik didn't open up his heart to him about his divorce. Would have been such a nice scoop.

Some things just dont make sense in Donnie's world..

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Poor Donnie will never understand why Erik didn't open up his heart to him about his divorce. Would have been such a nice scoop.

Some things just dont make sense in Donnie's world..

It goes deeper than that. Donnie still can't forgive Karlsson for not being a bust as per his projections. :shakehead

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
i have a hard time paying attention to don who is a fan of another team and who harasses players like karlsson

UltimateHKY

Preview – Jan. 20th, 2015 (Game #45) @ NY Rangers

Coming In Hot: Milan Michalek. He was held pointless against Carolina on Saturday but that shouldn’t overshadow his recent success on the scoresheet. In his last five, Milan has posted four points, a two-game, goal-scoring streak and a multi-point performance against the Canadiens. To put those numbers into perspective, he’s got five goals and 13 points in 40 games this season. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for the NHL veteran.

Article here: http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/uhn-│-senators-preview-jan-20th-2015-game-45-new-york-rangers/

Will the Sens continue their hot-streak at MSG tonight?

www.UltimateHockeyNetwork.com
@joshwald @UltimateHKY

Let us know if you have any interest contributing for us at UHN. We're always looking for more writers passionate about hockey! [email protected]

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It will be interesting to see how the team responds to playing very well and still losing to a bottom feeder like Carolina

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Neil with the GWG and a big fight. You know he's raring to go after being out of the line-up for so long

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Im here to watch Karlsson and co.

If we play like we did against CAR we win this game easy.

As long as the hottest team in hockey also decides to play like the Carolina Hurricanes. Coming off a back-to-back.

I'll give the Sens credit for taking it to two teams that played back-to-back games, but I'm going to use tonight as a real measuring stick.

Rangers are on fire, they're rested and they have home ice. Let's see how Ottawa comes out and matches them. If they snooze out the gate, they'll be toasted.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Article here: http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/uhn-│-senators-preview-jan-20th-2015-game-45-new-york-rangers/

Will the Sens continue their hot-streak at MSG tonight?

www.UltimateHockeyNetwork.com
@joshwald @UltimateHKY

Let us know if you have any interest contributing for us at UHN. We're always looking for more writers passionate about hockey! [email protected]

I'm not sure that coming off a loss against Carolina qualifies as a "hot streak."

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think we've won 7 straight games on the road against the Rangers

That's the streak they are referring to

I never knew we won 7 straight games on the road against the Rangers. The last time Ottawa was defeated by the Rangers at MSG was in 2009 apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad