GDT: Rangers Vs Sens | THE MADISON SQUARE EdITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lol I was actually kidding but it really wasn't clear that I was. I think you're right, we should get a player with very high upside and lots of talent. All these character guys end up being support players more often than not.

Oh thank goodness. It's so late.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I thought that was a very well played game by both teams. Rangers are a very good team, we hung with them all night. Gryba was a little rough, but he's also teh 6th dman.

Happy with the way we've played lately.

bonehead

May 27, 2002
Visit site
A few mistakes led to the loss but team is playing very well now. Am shocked how much I like Cameron's coaching. MacLean would never have benched Legwand & Neil to go with 3 quick lines like Cameron did last night. Team is playing very watchable hockey right now.

- is Pageau our best centre now? guy is quick, smart, hard on the puck, sees the ice well, makes his wingers look better
- love Stone's game, so smart, so many great passes; a line of Hoffman + Pageau + Stone would be sweet
- Karlsson has really turned it up a notch the past 10 games, and is much tighter defensively now
- a couple of smallish changes (out with a few more slower players) and we'd be in for a real good season next year

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
A few mistakes led to the loss but team is playing very well now. Am shocked how much I like Cameron's coaching. MacLean would never have benched Legwand & Neil to go with 3 quick lines like Cameron did last night. Team is playing very watchable hockey right now.

Same result! Still losing.....

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
Stop talking about trading for better draft picks as in most cases, draft picks are long term projects.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
It's funny, I find the team is now playing very well in general but goaltending has only been decent. I'm just happy they are at least entertaining to watch now under Cameron. I'm also not yelling as much at the tv for the idiotic line and player on ice choices either. Good for the health :)

Anybody upset we are not winning as much was obviously drinking the management kool-aid though.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Stop talking about trading for better draft picks as in most cases, draft picks are long term projects.

I'm not advocating it. But just to point out. Making this team a contender is a long term process. So by the time those draft picks are ready, it will probably coincide with us competing.

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
I'm not advocating it. But just to point out. Making this team a contender is a long term process. So by the time those draft picks are ready, it will probably coincide with us competing.

I wished it could be as easy as this, but we are talking about Ottawa here, a place where the owner is not a big spender. May I also point out that we have been drafting good players for the last several years and even if some are still with the organisation, some others have left either because they did not turnout to be what we expected or simply because we couldn't afford their cost.

It nice to draft top players from the amateur draft selection, but the Crosby type of player don't come around every year, and even when you draft good players, you need a good core of established players to surround them. Prime example is the Edmonton Oilers.

Also, lets not forget that we have 2 UFA`s and 4 RFA`s in year 2015/2016 and then some more in year 2016/2015 and the year after and so on. At that point we will need to decide if we want either to resign them or trade them. In most cases these players will end-up being players that we have drafted and developed in our organisation and we may not even have the money to pay them. Look at the list on this website (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00007328.html) and see how many players, before the year we picked Karlsson are still with the organisation.

My point is that since we have a small window to make of Ottawa a good competitive team, if we don`t trade now to get good established NHL caliber players, by the time our draft players will have reached their full potential, some of of our good players will have left and and then we will need to restart all over again.

So lets forget about improving our draft position and see what we could get by way of a trade.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I'm not sure I understand which picks you are arguing about here.
Trade some of Greening, Phillips, Gryba, Neil, Wiercioch, Legwand, Smith, Condra, Methot (if can't sign) for some picks? Sure, why not. I doubt anyone here would disagree with that.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I wished it could be as easy as this, but we are talking about Ottawa here, a place where the owner is not a big spender. May I also point out that we have been drafting good players for the last several years and even if some are still with the organisation, some others have left either because they did not turnout to be what we expected or simply because we couldn't afford their cost.

It nice to draft top players from the amateur draft selection, but the Crosby type of player don't come around every year, and even when you draft good players, you need a good core of established players to surround them. Prime example is the Edmonton Oilers.

Also, lets not forget that we have 2 UFA`s and 4 RFA`s in year 2015/2016 and then some more in year 2016/2015 and the year after and so on. At that point we will need to decide if we want either to resign them or trade them. In most cases these players will end-up being players that we have drafted and developed in our organisation and we may not even have the money to pay them. Look at the list on this website (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00007328.html) and see how many players, before the year we picked Karlsson are still with the organisation.

My point is that since we have a small window to make of Ottawa a good competitive team, if we don`t trade now to get good established NHL caliber players, by the time our draft players will have reached their full potential, some of of our good players will have left and and then we will need to restart all over again.

So lets forget about improving our draft position and see what we could get by way of a trade.
We aren't Edmonton though we can surround young players with players such as Turris. Zibanejad. Ryan. MacArthur. Karlsson. Methot.
Edmonton didn't have that luxury

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
We aren't Edmonton though we can surround young players with players such as Turris. Zibanejad. Ryan. MacArthur. Karlsson. Methot.
Edmonton didn't have that luxury

Do agree that at the present time we have players capable of surrounding young ones.
My point was that some are suggesting to trade for bettering our drafting position. In my opinion we already have sufficient good young players in Zibanejad, Lazar, Pageau, Stone, Ceci and Cowen, plus those available in the AHL, Puempel, Prince and so on.

So we should not trade for a better draft pick, we should trade to had good established NHL players capable of helping now. Our young players are gaining experience and just by adding two our three good players, we could be a very competitive team as soon as next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad